Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Paedophile fireman used loophole to keep changing his identity: Calls to change law as the Daily Mail exposes shocking case of pervert with 20 aliases

    France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s

    Hundreds of migrants arrested near Ceuta border in latest crackdown | Migration News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»At least four dead after tourist cable car crashes at Italian mountain: Rescue teams scouring steep hillside
    International

    At least four dead after tourist cable car crashes at Italian mountain: Rescue teams scouring steep hillside

    Papa LincBy Papa LincApril 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    At least four dead after tourist cable car crashes at Italian mountain: Rescue teams scouring steep hillside
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By SABRINA PENTY

    Published: 12:54 EDT, 17 April 2025 | Updated: 13:51 EDT, 17 April 2025

    Four people have died after a cable car crashed to the ground near Naples in southern Italy on Thursday.

    The accident happened at Monte Faito, a peak around 45 kilometres south-east of Naples.

    ‘The cabin at the top has crashed, casualties are feared,’ said Umberto De Gregorio, the chairman of firm Ente Autonomo Volturno, which operates the cable car service, calling it ‘a tragedy.’

    Italian news outlet Ansa reported another person was seriously injured. 

    It is understood firefighters and mountain rescue teams are currently at the site, but are said to have had difficulty working due to strong winds and bad weather. 

    Around 16 passengers who were riding in a separate cabin are all safe. 

    At least four dead after tourist cable car crashes at Italian mountain: Rescue teams scouring steep hillside

    Three people have died, one is seriously injured and another is missing after a cable car crashed to the ground in Monte Faito

    Several Italian media reports said one of the cables supporting the cabin had snapped.

    At around 4:30pm local time, local media reported that the cable car had broken down and had left two cabins with about 15 passengers on board suspended mid-air.

    Ente Autonomo Volturno, the company that operates the cable car, said that all passengers were fine and were ‘descending safely’.

    But around an hour and a half later, local media reported that contact had been lost with one of the cable cars.

    It was then confirmed by EAV president De Gregorio that the cabin at the top of the mountain had fallen. 

    The Monte Faito cable car connects the historic town of Castellammare di Stabia with Monte Faito. 

    The horrific accident happened just a week after the site reopened for the season. 

    This is a breaking news story. More to follow. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    At least four dead after tourist cable car crashes at Italian mountain: Rescue teams scouring steep hillside



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleChina opens investigation into brother of late Gabonese footballer Aaron Boupendza
    Next Article Ntim Fordjour had legitimate intelligence of a suspicious flight but mishandled it – Senyo Hosi opines
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Paedophile fireman used loophole to keep changing his identity: Calls to change law as the Daily Mail exposes shocking case of pervert with 20 aliases

    August 16, 2026

    Miracle for little girl, 2, after horrified mom found her drowned in basement during devastating Indiana floods that killed at least 7 others

    August 16, 2026

    Now this ‘professional’ pickpocket who targeted the elderly is spared jail as prisons are too

    August 16, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 16, 2026

    Paedophile fireman used loophole to keep changing his identity: Calls to change law as the Daily Mail exposes shocking case of pervert with 20 aliases

    Ministers were under pressure last night to close a legal loophole that allows paedophiles and…

    France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s

    Hundreds of migrants arrested near Ceuta border in latest crackdown | Migration News

    Premiership-winning NRL player Ryan Matterson reveals he is retiring as fans lose it over sudden departure before he could ‘reach his potential’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Paedophile fireman used loophole to keep changing his identity: Calls to change law as the Daily Mail exposes shocking case of pervert with 20 aliases

    France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s

    Hundreds of migrants arrested near Ceuta border in latest crackdown | Migration News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.