Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    Pep Guardiola breaks cover after bombshell news Man City manager will LEAVE the club at end of the season

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»At least 30 killed in attack on Nigeria village
    News

    At least 30 killed in attack on Nigeria village

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 5, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    At least 30 killed in attack on Nigeria village
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Armed men have violently stormed a village in Nigeria’s Niger state, killing at least 30 people and looting shops, state authorities have said.

    The attackers emerged from a forest near the village of Kasuwan-Daji on Saturday and set fire to the local market, looted shops and kidnapped an unspecified number of people, police said.

    “The gunmen entered the town on motorcycles carrying weapons, rounded up people and then proceeded to slaughter them, while others were shot dead,” a local journalist told the BBC’s Hausa service.

    Attacks and kidnappings by armed criminal gangs, known as bandits, have been a problem in Nigeria for years, but reports in western and central regions have spiked recently.

    Abdullahi Rofia, an official with the Niger State Emergency Management Agency, confirmed the journalist’s report that villagers were rounded up and killed.

    He told the BBC that people in the community were terrified: “They are hiding, they are too afraid to talk to anybody.

    “They are scared that if you talk, they will turn and do the same to you.”

    Niger state police spokesperson, Wasiu Abiodun, said an emergency team has been deployed to help the injured and security forces are working to rescue those kidnapped.

    It is illegal to pay ransom money to the criminal groups, which the government has classified as terrorists, but there are claims that this is often ignored.

    A witness to the attack told BBC Hausa that there were no security forces in the village.

    “We want the government to help us. In the past, we used to hear about this problem in other places, but now it is happening in our villages,” he said.

    The fear is driving people from their homes, where they were born and raised.

    “We are dying like chickens, and does the government care about us?

    “The government hears and sees what is happening, but it is not doing anything about it. What can we do as ordinary people?”

    The attack happened just a day after authorities in Niger state announced the phased reopening of schools, after a mass kidnapping forced them to close as part of emergency security measures.

    In November, more than 250 students and staff from St Mary’s Catholic school in Papiri, Niger state, were abducted.

    It was one of the country’s worst kidnappings to date, however, just before Christmas, officials confirmed that all of the missing students and teachers had been rescued.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleHow Maduro’s public dancing led to his downfall as furious Trump grew tired of his ‘nonchalance’ despite warnings
    Next Article Formula One star’s morbid ‘tribute’ to Michael Schumacher: Pierre Gasly poses in a red Marlboro jacket on a ski slope on stricken legend’s birthday – after daughter’s heartbreaking post
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    May 19, 2026

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    May 18, 2026

    Five dead including mosque security guard after two teenage gunmen open fire at San Diego Islamic Center… before shooting themselves as police closed in

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 19, 2026

    Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad

    Star hasn’t had a win in the main draw since 2016 By MICHAEL PONTICELLO FOR DAILY…

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    Pep Guardiola breaks cover after bombshell news Man City manager will LEAVE the club at end of the season

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    Pep Guardiola breaks cover after bombshell news Man City manager will LEAVE the club at end of the season

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.