Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Man United have got value for money this summer while rivals have splashed cash, insists Michael Carrick as they continue pursuit of Brighton’s Carlos Baleba

    Mahama disappointed by US opposition to UN slavery resolution

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Asiedu Nketia speaks after ‘assault’ at Akwatia
    News

    Asiedu Nketia speaks after ‘assault’ at Akwatia

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 31, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Asiedu Nketia speaks after ‘assault’ at Akwatia
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Johnson Asiedu Nketia (with microphone) narrates the incident to the chief of Akwatia Johnson Asiedu Nketia (with microphone) narrates the incident to the chief of Akwatia

    The National Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Johnson Asiedu Nketia, has for the first time spoken publicly about the attack on him during the one-week observation of the late Member of Parliament for Akwatia, Ernest Yaw Kumi.

    Addressing the chief of Akwatia in a video shared by Akwatia TV on Sunday, August 31, 2025, Asiedu Nketia narrated the events leading to the incident.

    He explained that it was the wife of the late MP who invited the NDC to the observation, and since he was in Akwatia, he decided to lead his party’s constituency executives and other national officers to the event.

    NDC gives police ultimatum over assault on Asiedu Nketiah

    According to him, while on their way to the grounds, supporters of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) initially blocked the road to prevent him and his entourage from moving.

    He said he first assumed it was traffic congestion and asked his team to alight so they could walk to the venue.

    As they proceeded, someone informed him that the NDC parliamentary candidate for the Akwatia by-election, Bernard Baidoo, had been barred from attending.

    However, he rejected the warning and insisted that Baidoo would go with him. They then continued to the grounds, which led to the confrontation.

    Latest poll puts NDC’s Baidoo in ‘comfortable lead’ in Akwatia by-election

    “We had already informed their party leaders that we were coming. We got there, and they gathered people to do what they did. I’m sure those who carried out the act are not from the constituency,” he said.

    The NDC National Chairman assured the chief that nothing untoward would happen as a result of the incident.

    He added that he was unfazed by the attack, describing himself as a “man of steel.”

    Watch a video of his remarks below:

    @akwatia_tv

    Asiedu Nketiah speaks after NPP attacked NDC attacked at Late Hon Ernest Yaw Kumi’s 40-days Observation at Akyem Wenchi

    ♬ original sound – Akwatia_TV

    BAI/MA

    GhanaWeb’s latest documentary, Sex for Fish, that explores the plights of teenage girls in coastal communities, all in an attempt to survive, is out. Watch it below:





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleRudy Giuliani is seriously injured in car crash in New Hampshire
    Next Article Gyakie unveils her debut album ‘After Midnight’
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Mahama disappointed by US opposition to UN slavery resolution

    August 22, 2026

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    August 22, 2026

    Female teachers from Scots College make explosive claims about students’ ‘sexualised gestures’, deepfakes and wolf-whistles in wake of gang rape charges

    August 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports August 22, 2026

    Man United have got value for money this summer while rivals have splashed cash, insists Michael Carrick as they continue pursuit of Brighton’s Carlos Baleba

    By CHRIS WHEELER, NORTHERN SPORTS WRITER Published: 17:30 EDT, 21 August 2026 | Updated: 03:58…

    Mahama disappointed by US opposition to UN slavery resolution

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    Female teachers from Scots College make explosive claims about students’ ‘sexualised gestures’, deepfakes and wolf-whistles in wake of gang rape charges

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Man United have got value for money this summer while rivals have splashed cash, insists Michael Carrick as they continue pursuit of Brighton’s Carlos Baleba

    Mahama disappointed by US opposition to UN slavery resolution

    ‘It was a tsunami’: Floods leave death trail in India’s Assam | Floods News

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.