Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    Man dressed as clown who killed male model at Halloween party in unprovoked attack is jailed for 16 years

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Entertainment»Akufo-Addo’s government did a fantastic job with ‘Year of Return’
    Entertainment

    Akufo-Addo’s government did a fantastic job with ‘Year of Return’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 26, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Akufo-Addo’s government did a fantastic job with ‘Year of Return’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Abeiku Santana is the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Tourism Authority Abeiku Santana is the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Tourism Authority

    The previous government, led by former President Nana Akufo-Addo, did a fantastic job with the launch of the Year of Return and Beyond the Return initiatives, Deputy CEO of the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA), Abeiku Santana, has commended.

    In an interview on YFM, Abeiku Santana said the initiative has positioned Ghana as a major tourist destination in recent years, attracting several international events including Afro Nation and others.

    Ghana is now a leading and competitive tourism destination – Abeiku Santana

    “The previous government did a great job, a fantastic job with the launch of the Year of Return and Beyond the Return, which became a major international marketing promotion for Ghana as a destination. It was launched in America and that brought in a lot of event organisers, including Afro Nation, to host their events here. That launch significantly amplified global awareness about Ghana as a destination,” he said.

    According to the Deputy CEO of the GTA, the current administration has maintained the initiative by building on the foundation laid by the previous government, rather than changing its core approach.

    He explained that the focus has been on expanding the reach of the initiative by activating cities and destinations that were not previously included.

    “What are we doing after the previous government? We are amplifying it because you don’t change a winning formula. The approach hasn’t changed. We are simply building on it by activating cities and destinations that were not previously touched,” he stated.

    The Year of Return, launched in 2019, marked a milestone in Ghana’s historical and cultural journey.

    It served as a global invitation to people of African descent, particularly African Americans, to reconnect with their roots by visiting Ghana and exploring their ancestral heritage.

    Following its success, the initiative evolved into the Beyond the Return programme in 2020, aimed at sustaining the momentum and encouraging long-term engagement with the African diaspora.

    Watch the video below:

    We are amplifying #TheYearOfReturn and #BeyondTheReturn initiatives launched by the previous government – @AbeikuSantana , Deputy CEO (Marketing/Special Duties), @ghanatourismGTA

    Full video on YouTube: https://t.co/WI6F6baqPA#MMRS #YHolidayHavoc #YHolidayHavoc25… pic.twitter.com/VDFm172sag

    — YFM ACCRA (@Y1079FM) December 25, 2025

    Christmas Festivities: Avenor traders, buyers speak on livestock sales

    AK/EB





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleMinister tasks VALCO Board to transform Ghana’s bauxite into sustainable aluminium
    Next Article Accessed only by boat or plane – Inside Ronaldo’s luxurious Red Sea villa
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Lady shows her boyfriend watching a football match at the cinema after dragging him there (Watch)

    May 18, 2026

    Man ends up assisting girlfriend at her salon after sending her money to rest (Watch)

    May 18, 2026

    “You are very stup!d” – Lady calls out “broke” girls who critique “broke” men

    May 15, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 19, 2026

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    Medeama SC defender Yussif Mubarik has expressed gratitude and pride following the club’s successful 2025/26…

    Man dressed as clown who killed male model at Halloween party in unprovoked attack is jailed for 16 years

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    Wes Streeting’s hopes of becoming PM are destroyed by Labour supporters: Just 15% would pick him over Keir Starmer – while most want Burnham, poll reveals

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    Man dressed as clown who killed male model at Halloween party in unprovoked attack is jailed for 16 years

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.