Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?

    Guyana’s Rodrigues Birkett leads informal poll in race to be next UN leader | United Nations News

    Pauline Hanson vows to take free-speech battle against discrimination laws to Australia’s High Court

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Entertainment»Accuser drops rape lawsuit against Jay-Z and Diddy
    Entertainment

    Accuser drops rape lawsuit against Jay-Z and Diddy

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 15, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Accuser drops rape lawsuit against Jay-Z and Diddy
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Sean Diddy Combs and Jay-Z Sean Diddy Combs and Jay-Z

    A lawsuit against Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z, which alleged the rape of a 13-year-old girl in 2000, has been dismissed, according to a legal filing submitted on Friday in New York.

    The attorney representing the anonymous plaintiff, referred to as Jane Doe, voluntarily withdrew the case, court records show.

    The filing was submitted by lawyer Tony Buzbee, who is representing dozens of plaintiffs in lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct against Mr Combs.

    The filings state that the plaintiff “hereby gives notice that the… action is voluntarily dismissed, with prejudice”.

    Because the dismissal is with prejudice, the lawsuit cannot again be refiled in its current form.

    Roc Nation, the entertainment company founded by Jay-Z, whose legal name is Shawn Carter, issued a statement signed by him, referring to the dismissal as a “victory”.

    “The frivolous, fictitious and appalling allegations have been dismissed,” he wrote.

    “This civil suit was without merit and never going anywhere. The fictional tale they created was laughable, if not for the seriousness of the claims.”

    “The trauma that my wife, my children, loved ones and I have endured can never be dismissed,” said the rapper, who is married to singer Beyoncé.

    He continued: “The courts must protect the innocent from being accused without a shred of evidence. May the truth prevail for all victims and those falsely accused equally.”

    Jay-Z’s attorney, Alex Spiro, emphasised in a separate statement that the case “never should have been brought”.

    “By standing up in the face of heinous and false allegations, Jay has done what few can – he pushed back, he never settled, he never paid 1 red penny, he triumphed and cleared his name,” he said in a statement to the BBC.

    Jane Doe initially filed the lawsuit against Mr Combs in October before adding Jay-Z’s name in December. She alleged that both men assaulted her in 2000 after an MTV Video Music Awards afterparty.

    Last month, Jay-Z formally requested the court to dismiss the lawsuit, citing inconsistencies in the accuser’s account. The request was approved by United States District Judge Analisa Torres, leading to the lawsuit’s dismissal.

    While Jay-Z is no longer facing legal action in this case, Mr Combs continues to battle over three dozen civil suits.

    In response to Friday’s dismissal, Mr Combs’ legal team issued a statement declaring his innocence.

    “For months, we have seen case after case filed by individuals hiding behind anonymity, pushed forward by an attorney more focused on media headlines than legal merit. Just like this claim, the others will fall apart because there is no truth to them,” the statement says.

    It added: “This is just the first of many that will not hold up in a court of law.”

    Mr Combs has been held at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York, since September 2024 on federal criminal charges related to racketeering and sex trafficking.

    He’s been denied bail three times and will remain in custody until his trial on 5 May 2025.

    Jay-Z strongly denied the allegations, claiming that his attorney had been sent “blackmail” in an attempt to force a settlement. He said the attempt had the “opposite effect” and instead motivated him to publicly challenge the accusations.

    In December, Jane Doe gave an interview that raised questions about her credibility. She admitted that “not all the facts are clear” and stated, “I have made some mistakes. I may have made a mistake in identifying.”

    Also watch Miki Osei Berko’s interview on Talkertainment below:



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleHow can people vote for us if our own people claim we are thieves? – Nitiwul on election defeat
    Next Article Cristiano Ronaldo’s £61MILLION private jet is pictured at Manchester Airport – leaving hopeful United fans to question if superstar is set to join struggling club for shock third stint
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    ‘I Was Shivering’ – Ohemaa Mercy Opens Up About Kufuor Award

    August 21, 2026

    VIDEO: Akosua Serwaa Sues Abusuapanin Tupac For Ghc3 Million – Here Is Why

    August 21, 2026

    Just In: High Court Reverses Decision To Takeover Cheddar’s Oxford No. 1 Hotel

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 22, 2026

    GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?

    It’s been more than 18 months since the last trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6…

    Guyana’s Rodrigues Birkett leads informal poll in race to be next UN leader | United Nations News

    Pauline Hanson vows to take free-speech battle against discrimination laws to Australia’s High Court

    Boxing News: Asesinan ex doble campeón mundial sudafricano Zolani Tete » August 21, 2026

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    GTA 6 leaks – a nightmare or a blip for the biggest video game of the year?

    Guyana’s Rodrigues Birkett leads informal poll in race to be next UN leader | United Nations News

    Pauline Hanson vows to take free-speech battle against discrimination laws to Australia’s High Court

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.