Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership

    Thieves steal Renaissance artworks in museum heist during Italian holiday | Arts and Culture News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»ABC forced to make a HUGE payment to Antoinette Lattouf after illegally sacking her after just three days of work
    International

    ABC forced to make a HUGE payment to Antoinette Lattouf after illegally sacking her after just three days of work

    Papa LincBy Papa LincSeptember 24, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    ABC forced to make a HUGE payment to Antoinette Lattouf after illegally sacking her after just three days of work
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By AAP

    Published: 21:47 EDT, 23 September 2025 | Updated: 21:51 EDT, 23 September 2025

    The ABC has copped a $150,000 fine for unlawfully sacking a fill-in presenter for an Instagram post about Gaza after a campaign from pro-Israel lobbyists.

    The penalty was levied on Wednesday against the public broadcaster for breaching workplace law when it sacked journalist Antoinette Lattouf from her casual role on ABC Radio Sydney‘s Mornings program in 2023.

    The amount is less than half of the $350,000 figure Lattouf called for at a Federal Court hearing earlier in September.

    The ABC has 28 days to pay the fine, which comes in addition to the $70,000 in damages she was previously awarded.

    The broadcaster has spent more than $2 million in taxpayer funds defending the case.

    Lattouf was dismissed three days into a five-day hosting stint in December 2023 after sharing an Instagram post from Human Rights Watch saying Israel was using starvation as a ‘weapon of war’ in Gaza.

    Her barrister Oshie Fagir pushed for a $350,000 at the September hearing, that the ABC’s expressions of regret were ‘performative’.

    ABC forced to make a HUGE payment to Antoinette Lattouf after illegally sacking her after just three days of work

    Lattouf has since joined forces with fellow journalist Jan Fran to establish media company ETTE, which has a focus on media literacy

    The ABC instead sought between $37,560 and $56,340, reasoning the sacking was borne of a ‘single inadvertent mistake’.

    Justice Darryl Rangiah in June found the ABC breached employment law by dismissing the journalist for reasons that included her political opinions.

    The ABC was under pressure from an orchestrated campaign of complaints against the then casual radio host, who was not given a chance to defend herself but was instead shown the door, he said.

    ‘Whatever the penalty, for me this was never about money – it’s always been about accountability and the integrity of the information our public broadcaster gives us,’ Lattouf said in a statement posted on X on Tuesday.

    ‘I hope the ABC takes this opportunity to restore credibility, regain trust, and re-establish integrity because our democracy depends on a strong fourth estate.’

    Lattouf has since joined forces with fellow journalist Jan Fran to establish media company ETTE, which has a focus on media literacy.

    Share or comment on this article:
    ABC forced to make a HUGE payment to Antoinette Lattouf after illegally sacking her after just three days of work



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleFallece el español Cecilio Lastra ex campeon mundial AMB » September 23, 2025
    Next Article NPP petitions Mahama, IGP over alleged harassment of its members
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    August 17, 2026

    Bethenny Frankel causes stir in quiet Hamptons town as her new cafe is ALREADY reprimanded by local marshals

    August 17, 2026

    Alleged Hollywood killer Nick Reiner makes most entitled trust fund request yet as he scrambles for cash to pay his lawyer

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    One look in Fadi Haddara’s eyes and you knew there was trouble.On Sunday night, Haddara…

    Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership

    Thieves steal Renaissance artworks in museum heist during Italian holiday | Arts and Culture News

    WNBA risks angering fans with Sophie Cunningham message as Fever star celebrates 30th birthday amid league’s trans controversy

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    For years, Fadi Haddara was the man others feared in Melbourne… then the gunmen came for him

    Rev Prof Amevenku elected 15th EPCG Moderator, pledges servant leadership

    Thieves steal Renaissance artworks in museum heist during Italian holiday | Arts and Culture News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.