Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Abro challenges anyone who claims they saw Lumba’s body

    How GAF safely evacuated injured traders from Burkina Faso after terrorist attack

    The villagers cut off from civilisation after storm destroyed coastal road that connects them to the outside world… and no one knows who’ll pay £18m bill to fix it

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Prestianni denies he racially abused Vinicius
    News

    Prestianni denies he racially abused Vinicius

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 18, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Prestianni denies he racially abused Vinicius
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Real Madrid winger Vinicius Junior said “racists are cowards” as Benfica midfielder Gianluca Prestianni denied racially abusing the Brazilian.

    The 25-year-old reported alleged racist abuse by Prestianni to referee Francois Letexier during Real Madrid’s 1-0 win against Benfica in Lisbon on Tuesday.

    The Champions League match was halted for 10 minutes, with both sets of players leaving the pitch shortly after Vinicius had given his side the lead.

    The forward, who has been the victim of numerous incidents of racist abuse during his playing career, said in a post on Instagram: “Racists are, above all, cowards. They need to put their shirts in their mouths to show how weak they are.

    “But they have the protection of others who, theoretically, have an obligation to punish them. Nothing that happened today is new in my life or in my team’s life.

    “I received a yellow card for celebrating a goal. I still don’t understand why. On the other hand, it was just a poorly executed protocol that served no purpose.”

    Prestianni, 20, denied directing racial abuse to Vinicius Jr in a post on his social media.

    “I want to clarify that at no time did I direct racist insults to Vini Jr, who regrettably misunderstood what he thought he heard,” said Prestianni.

    “I was never racist with anyone and I regret the threats I received from Real Madrid players.”

    In a post on their official X account, alongside a video of the alleged incident, Benfica defended Prestianni.

    “As the images demonstrate, given the distance, the Real Madrid players could not have heard what they claim to have heard,” was the Portuguese club’s message.

    What did Mourinho say?

    Benfica manager Jose Mourinho was seen speaking with Vinicius after the player took the decision to walk off the pitch following the interaction with Prestianni.

    The Portuguese said in his post-match interview that he was told different things by Vinicius and Prestianni regarding the incident.

    In addition to expressing his belief that Vinicius had been disrespectful with his goal celebration, he pointed to the club’s legendary striker Eusebio as proof that Benfica is not a racist club.

    Asked if he felt Vinicius incited the crowd, Mourinho said: “Yes. I believe so.

    “It should be the crazy moment of the game, an amazing goal. Unfortunately [he was] not just happy to score that astonishing goal. When you score a goal like that, you celebrate in a respectful way.”

    He added: “I told [Vinicius], when you score a goal like that you just celebrate and walk back. When he was arguing about racism, I told him the biggest person in the history of this club [Eusebio] was black.

    “This club, the last thing that it is, is racist. If in his mind there was something in relation to that, this is Benfica.

    “They [Vinicius and Prestianni] told me different things. But I don’t believe in one or another. I want to be an independent.”

    ‘Disgrace to football’ – the reaction

    Real Madrid defender Trent Alexander-Arnold said the alleged abuse of team-mate Vinicius was a “disgrace to football”.

    “What has happened is a disgrace to football and overshadowed the performance, as well as an amazing goal,” said Alexander-Arnold.

    “Vini has been subject to this a few times throughout his career. To ruin a night like this for our team is a disgrace.

    “There is no place for it in football or society. It is disgusting.”

    Former Real Madrid midfielder Clarence Seedorf, working as a pundit for Amazon Prime said Mourinho “made a big mistake to justify racial abuse”.

    “I think he is still emotional,” said the Dutchman.

    “He’s saying it’s OK, when Vinicius provokes you, to be racist – and I think that is very wrong.

    “We should never, ever justify racial abuse. Vinicius has had enough of that unjustified behaviour from people. I know Mourinho by heart would agree with me but he expressed himself a bit unfortunately.”

    Former England and Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, who was working alongside Seedorf, also condemned Mourinho’s comments.

    “I am quite calm and composed and I am not someone who gets angry often,” said Walcott.

    “I love everything Jose Mourinho has done in football but he has made a poor decision. It was maybe the one time we shouldn’t have heard from him, the one night he should not have been in front of the cameras.”

    Former Arsenal and France striker Thierry Henry, speaking on CBS, reflected on his own experiences of racist abuse during his playing career.

    “I can relate to what Vinicius Junior is going through. That happened to me so many times on the field. At times you feel lonely because it’s going to be your word against his word, because we don’t know what he has said,” Henry said.

    “He put his shirt over his mouth. Clearly, already, he looks suspicious because he didn’t want people to see what he said.

    “Let’s see how big of a man Prestianni is – tell us what you said.”

    What happens next?

    Uefa, which runs the Champions League, says it is “reviewing” reports from last night’s match.

    European football’s governing body said: “Where matters are reported, proceedings are opened and, should they lead to disciplinary sanctions being imposed, they are announced on the Uefa disciplinary website.

    “We have no further information to provide you or any further comment to make on this matter at this stage.”

    Vinicius’ Real Madrid team-mate Kylian Mbappe called for Argentina winger Prestianni to no longer be allowed to play in the Champions League following the alleged incident.

    “Nothing like this has ever happened to me, and in these kinds of important matters, it’s important to speak very clearly and not to speak in generalities,” France forward Mbappe said.

    “I have the utmost respect for Benfica and their coach, who is one of the best in history and who made history with Real Madrid. But, in my opinion, this player doesn’t deserve to play in the Champions League anymore.

    “We cannot accept that a player who plays in Europe’s top competition behaves like this. This guy doesn’t deserve to play in the Champions League anymore, but we’ll see what happens.

    “Let’s leave it to Uefa, who always try to do something. Now they have a serious case, and I hope they do something.”



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleHow Epstein used Stansted for ‘Lolita Express’ sex trafficking flights: Emails show paedophile discussing visas for Russian woman and moving victims between private jets
    Next Article I will hold a seminar on Hiplife if I get support
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    How GAF safely evacuated injured traders from Burkina Faso after terrorist attack

    February 18, 2026

    The villagers cut off from civilisation after storm destroyed coastal road that connects them to the outside world… and no one knows who’ll pay £18m bill to fix it

    February 18, 2026

    President Mahama visits Burkina Faso attack survivors at 37 Military Hospital

    February 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202555 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 18, 2026

    Abro challenges anyone who claims they saw Lumba’s body

    Abro is a Ghanaian media personality Ghanaian media personality Abro has made a bold statement…

    How GAF safely evacuated injured traders from Burkina Faso after terrorist attack

    The villagers cut off from civilisation after storm destroyed coastal road that connects them to the outside world… and no one knows who’ll pay £18m bill to fix it

    President Mahama visits two survivors of Burkina Faso terror attack

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Abro challenges anyone who claims they saw Lumba’s body

    How GAF safely evacuated injured traders from Burkina Faso after terrorist attack

    The villagers cut off from civilisation after storm destroyed coastal road that connects them to the outside world… and no one knows who’ll pay £18m bill to fix it

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.