Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Ten-man Hearts of Oak beat Kotoko

    Alleged Bondi Beach shooter Naveed Akram’s first words as he appears in court over attack that left 15 people dead

    ‘We have to work extra hard to win the league’ – Hearts of Oak captain Benjamin Asare

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»What are the police waiting for? Calls for criminal probe into Andrew grow as fresh claims ‘show it’s clear he abused his position’
    International

    What are the police waiting for? Calls for criminal probe into Andrew grow as fresh claims ‘show it’s clear he abused his position’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 15, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    What are the police waiting for? Calls for criminal probe into Andrew grow as fresh claims ‘show it’s clear he abused his position’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By MARTIN BECKFORD, POLICY EDITOR and JAMES TOZER, NORTHERN CORRESPONDENT

    Published: 17:54 EST, 15 February 2026 | Updated: 18:22 EST, 15 February 2026

    Police were on Sunday night facing mounting calls to launch a full investigation into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s role as the UK’s trade envoy.

    Senior political figures called for a criminal probe into fresh allegations that the disgraced royal abused his position to leak sensitive information, including to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein. 

    It came as it emerged all of the three million Epstein files have now been released.

    Detectives could investigate Andrew for the offence of misconduct in public office over allegations he forwarded confidential reports while representing the Government abroad.

    Police chiefs are already assessing claims that a woman was sent to the UK for a sexual encounter with him at his Windsor home by his close friend Epstein.

    Adding to the pressure, the country’s top prosecutor said on Sunday that the 65-year-old former Duke of York was not ‘above the law’.

    On Sunday night Liberal Democrat leader Sir Ed Davey said: ‘The Epstein revelations are hugely damaging to public trust in our institutions. It’s clear Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor abused his position as trade envoy, sharing sensitive information about the UK’s interests with his friend, and convicted paedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.

    ‘The police are rightfully looking into this as we need full transparency to get justice for the victims of this abhorrent abuse. That must also include a public inquiry.’

    What are the police waiting for? Calls for criminal probe into Andrew grow as fresh claims ‘show it’s clear he abused his position’

    Police are facing mounting calls to investigate Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor over leaking sensitive information while working as the UK’s trade envoy

    Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein walk together in New York's Central Park on December 5, 2010

    Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein walk together in New York’s Central Park on December 5, 2010

    Andrew features a number of times in the Epstein files, including images apparently showing him crouching over an unidentified woman in what appears to be Epstein's New York mansion.

    Andrew features a number of times in the Epstein files, including images apparently showing him crouching over an unidentified woman in what appears to be Epstein’s New York mansion.

    Andrew, who was stripped of his remaining royal titles last year, served as the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment from 2001 to 2011.

    The role allowed him to travel around the world at the taxpayer’s expense and gave him privileged access to senior political and business figures. But some of the Epstein Files released by the US Department of Justice appear to show that he – like New Labour architect Peter Mandelson – used the position to forward official documents including sensitive information to Epstein, who took his own life in a prison cell in 2019.

    The huge dossier includes emails showing that the King’s brother allowed Epstein to organise meetings for him during an official trade mission to China. Photographs also show him socialising with a Chinese model during the 2010 trip.

    Files reveal that earlier that year he passed on a confidential Treasury briefing on Iceland’s financial crisis to a banker friend. He also forwarded messages about taxpayer-owned Royal Bank of Scotland to his adviser David Stern, who sent them on to Epstein.

    Andrew even tried to arrange a meeting with Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi for Epstein, at the sex offender’s request, although it did not go ahead.

    Senior Tory MP Alex Burghart said: ‘Leaking sensitive Government information is incredibly serious, and these latest reports about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor are therefore extremely concerning. No stone should be left unturned to get to the truth… It is vital we find out exactly what happened and due action is taken.’

    Shadow Foreign Secretary and former Cabinet minister Dame Priti Patel told GB News: ‘Everyone that’s been involved should be subject to the right kind of inquiries, police investigations.

    ‘What has taken place and happened is absolutely abhorrent, and it’s right that everyone is scrutinised in terms of their roles, what has happened, information, papers that may have been shared and disclosed.’ A spokesman for Reform UK said: ‘It is now time that the police launch an investigation into Andrew Mountbatten’s disgraceful leaks as trade envoy. No one is above the law.’

    Andrew waves goodbye to a woman leaving Epstein's home in New York in December 2010

    Andrew waves goodbye to a woman leaving Epstein’s home in New York in December 2010

    Labour’s Rachael Maskell, the York MP who led calls for the royal to be stripped of his Duke of York title, said: ‘It is important to have a clear understanding as to what occurred and what was shared on these trade visits… if classified information was leaked then a full investigation should take place.’

    In an interview with The Sunday Times, Director of Public Prosecutions Stephen Parkinson said: ‘Nobody is above the law. It’s my job to enforce the law and I do so without fear or favour, and that is unaffected by the status of the individual concerned.’

    Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said the force continued ‘to assess all relevant information’. Last week Buckingham Palace said: ‘The King has made clear his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct… If we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.’

    Andrew has denied wrongdoing in relation to allegations of sexual misconduct. He has not responded to requests for comment on the allegations about his role as envoy.

    Share or comment on this article:
    What are the police waiting for? Calls for criminal probe into Andrew grow as fresh claims ‘show it’s clear he abused his position’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleHearts of Oak coach Didi Dramani hails great win over arch-rivals Kotoko to keep title hopes alive
    Next Article NDC Cadres slam NPP’s cocoa legacy, hail current government’s ‘responsible leadership'”
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Alleged Bondi Beach shooter Naveed Akram’s first words as he appears in court over attack that left 15 people dead

    February 16, 2026

    Police officer is sacked for striking violent suspect as he tried to escape arrest

    February 15, 2026

    Border czar Tom Homan makes surprising admission about ICE agents wearing masks as he lauds Minnesota operation as a huge success

    February 15, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202552 Views
    Don't Miss
    News February 16, 2026

    Ten-man Hearts of Oak beat Kotoko

    Scene from the Super Clash on Sunday Accra Hearts of Oak have beaten their arch-rivals,…

    Alleged Bondi Beach shooter Naveed Akram’s first words as he appears in court over attack that left 15 people dead

    ‘We have to work extra hard to win the league’ – Hearts of Oak captain Benjamin Asare

    NDC Cadres slam NPP’s cocoa legacy, hail current government’s ‘responsible leadership'”

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Ten-man Hearts of Oak beat Kotoko

    Alleged Bondi Beach shooter Naveed Akram’s first words as he appears in court over attack that left 15 people dead

    ‘We have to work extra hard to win the league’ – Hearts of Oak captain Benjamin Asare

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Emma Heming Willis shares family photos as daughter Mabel turns 11

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.