Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Terrified tourists in Puerto Vallarta watch shops and pharmacies get torched to the ground and toxic fumes blanket beaches: Live updates

    GPL match-week 23 wrap up

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»US seizes second oil tanker off Venezuela’s coast
    News

    US seizes second oil tanker off Venezuela’s coast

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 21, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    US seizes second oil tanker off Venezuela’s coast
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    File photo of an oil tanker off Venezuela's coast File photo of an oil tanker off Venezuela’s coast

    The US has seized an oil tanker that had recently departed from Venezuela, according to the US Department of Homeland Security.

    It is the second time this month that an oil-carrying ship has been seized off the country’s coast.

    The move comes after President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he was ordering a “blockade” of sanctioned oil tankers entering and leaving Venezuela.

    Venezuela has described the latest US move as “theft and kidnapping”.

    It has previously accused the Trump administration of trying to steal its resources.

    “These acts will not go unpunished,” a statement from the Venezuelan government said, adding that it intended to file a complaint with the UN Security Council and “other multilateral agencies and the governments of the world.”

    The operation was led by the US Coast Guard, similar to the operation earlier this month. The ship was boarded by a specialised tactical team, and was in international waters when it was taken.

    Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem, whose department oversees the Coast Guard, shared a seven-minute video of the operation on X.

    It shows US helicopters landing on the deck of a ship with the name Centuries written on the side.

    It is a Panamanian-flagged ship, but in the past five years it has also sailed under the flags of Greece and Liberia, according to records seen by BBC Verify.

    It is not on the US Treasury’s list of sanctioned vessels.

    In recent weeks, the US has been building up its military presence in the Caribbean Sea and has carried out deadly strikes on alleged Venezuelan drug-smuggling boats, killing around 100 people.

    It has provided no public evidence that these vessels were carrying drugs, and the military has come under increasing scrutiny from Congress over the strikes.

    The Trump administration has accused Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro of leading a designated-terrorist organisation called Cartel de los Soles, which he denies.

    Trump has accused Maduro’s government of using “stolen” oil to “finance themselves, Drug Terrorism, Human Trafficking, Murder, and Kidnapping.”

    Following the seizure of the second ship, Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth posted on X that the US would continue to “unflinchingly conduct maritime interdiction operations… to dismantle illicit criminal networks.”

    “Violence, drugs, and chaos will not control the Western Hemisphere.”

    Venezuela – which is home to the world’s largest proven oil reserves – is highly dependent on revenues from its oil exports to finance its government spending.

    Trump’s announcement of a blockade came less than a week after the US seized an oil tanker believed to be part of the “ghost fleet” off the coast of Venezuela, which allegedly used various strategies to conceal its work.

    Venezuela’s government decried the move, with Maduro saying the US “kidnapped the crew” and “stole” the ship.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleFamily of British couple detained in Iran on espionage charges call on British government to end ‘stalemate’ – as they prepare to spend Christmas in notorious Tehran hellhole prison
    Next Article Shatta Wale labels President Mahama ‘Smiling Mafia’ again on stage, lights up UG Sports Stadium
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Terrified tourists in Puerto Vallarta watch shops and pharmacies get torched to the ground and toxic fumes blanket beaches: Live updates

    February 22, 2026

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    February 22, 2026

    American tourists left stranded in beautiful Mexico hotspot as cartels torch cars and wreak havoc in ‘code red’ attack

    February 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025122 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    International February 22, 2026

    Terrified tourists in Puerto Vallarta watch shops and pharmacies get torched to the ground and toxic fumes blanket beaches: Live updates

    By RACHEL BOWMAN, US SENIOR NEWS REPORTER and ELIOT FORCE, US NEWS REPORTER Updated: 16:11…

    GPL match-week 23 wrap up

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    American tourists left stranded in beautiful Mexico hotspot as cartels torch cars and wreak havoc in ‘code red’ attack

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Terrified tourists in Puerto Vallarta watch shops and pharmacies get torched to the ground and toxic fumes blanket beaches: Live updates

    GPL match-week 23 wrap up

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.