Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    ‘We’re no Jew hunters!’: Activists say they weren’t intimidating people who refuse to join Israel boycott and were just handing out leaflets instead

    Medeama’s Salim Adams wins NASCO player of the month award

    Prestianni reveals the shocking slur he said to Vini during investigations

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Africa News»UK-based Nigerian man f@tally $tabbed in Norwich student accommodation
    Africa News

    UK-based Nigerian man f@tally $tabbed in Norwich student accommodation

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 26, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    UK-based Nigerian man f@tally $tabbed in Norwich student accommodation
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A UK-based Nigerian man has been identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing inside a student accommodation block in Norwich.

    The deceased, Uchenna ‘Uche’ Okirie, believed to be in his 30s, was known as a British Red Cross volunteer and a student connected to the University of East Anglia (UEA).

    Okirie was thought to be a current or former postgraduate student at UEA’s School of International Development.

    He published a research paper last year under the university’s name examining the impact of climate change on health outcomes in sub-Saharan Africa.

    However, the university said initial checks did not locate his student record, though they confirmed that a small number of their students reside in the accommodation.

    Emergency services were called to Somerleyton House at about 5 a.m. on Saturday. On arrival, officers and paramedics found Okirie with a stab wound to the chest. Despite efforts to resuscitate him, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

    Police subsequently launched a murder investigation and arrested 27-year-old Congolese national Benjamin Katabana.

    Residents of Somerleyton House said they were jolted awake by a fire alarm early that morning. One neighbour told the Eastern Daily Press that they saw people outside in their pyjamas and noticed several police cars before any ambulance arrived, immediately sensing that something serious had happened.

    Okirie’s social media activity shows he has taken part in various volunteer projects with the British Red Cross and also served as an international student ambassador for Nigeria.

    In a statement, a UEA spokesperson said the university had contacted all known students living in Somerleyton House and would continue to offer them full support during the difficult period following the tragedy.





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleD-day at Nine as exec who ‘knows where the bodies are buried’ drags them for unfair dismissal. Plus, nuclear newsroom falling-out before SMH editor’s exit: INSIDE MAIL
    Next Article Solomon Mensah honours mentor Nyansa Boakwa with a public birthday tribute
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    “I won’t stop until I become your second wife” – Lady takes to the streets to profess her love for a married man

    February 20, 2026

    Lady loses balance on the staircase while making a video (WATCH)

    February 20, 2026

    “This boy just dey disgrace me” – Man reveals his friend’s hilarious attempt at eating shawarma for the first time (Watch)

    February 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    International February 21, 2026

    ‘We’re no Jew hunters!’: Activists say they weren’t intimidating people who refuse to join Israel boycott and were just handing out leaflets instead

    Activists who were accused of engaging in a ‘Jew hunt’ as they went door-to-door asking…

    Medeama’s Salim Adams wins NASCO player of the month award

    Prestianni reveals the shocking slur he said to Vini during investigations

    Wuthering fights: influencers encourage hordes of tourists to descend on quaint Yorkshire village home of the Bronte sisters amid hype around new Wuthering Heights movie – leaving locals struggling to cope

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    ‘We’re no Jew hunters!’: Activists say they weren’t intimidating people who refuse to join Israel boycott and were just handing out leaflets instead

    Medeama’s Salim Adams wins NASCO player of the month award

    Prestianni reveals the shocking slur he said to Vini during investigations

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.