Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Canada Ready to Host Ghana at 2026 World Cup – Nduwimana

    GTA celebrates with inmates at Navrongo Central Prison and Ho Female Prison

    MiDA calls on chiefs to release land for President Mahama’s agricultural project

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics» Tyson takes precautions ahead of Jake Paul bout
    Politics

     Tyson takes precautions ahead of Jake Paul bout

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 14, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
     Tyson takes precautions ahead of Jake Paul bout
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


     Mike Tyson says he is “just fine” and downplayed his health concerns but was taking extra precautions, asking those around him to wear face masks, be­fore Friday’s controversial bout with Jake Paul.

    The 58-year-old former heavy­weight world champion has not com­peted in a professional bout since 2005, while YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul, 27, has won 10 of his 11 pro fights.

    The contest at Dallas’ AT&T Stadium which will be shown live on streaming giant Netflix has drawn criticism from the boxing community because of the age gap between the pair and after it was resched­uled when Tyson had a stomach ulcer in July.

    Speaking to BBC Sport at Tuesday’s media work­outs, Tyson said he had been put through his paces during train­ing camp which was “not fun but it’s worth it”.

    He added: “No one is taking it easy on me. They want to see if I quit or not and I’m still here. All the training is over now. The fight is the party, the training is preparation, but the fight is the party.”

    The Texas Department of Li­censing and Regulation, which has sanctioned it as a pro bout, told BBC Sport it “takes seriously the health and safety of all competitors” and all fighters on the card will be medically assessed on today.

    Most Valuable Promotions’ Nakisa Bidarian said this is standard for boxing events in the region and the fight will “100%” take place.

    However, it will be subject to certain conditions the con­test will be eight, two-minute rounds and 14oz rather than 10oz gloves must be worn, lessening the impact of the punch­es.— BBC



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleBlack Stars make donation to Dzorwulu Special School ahead of Angola, Niger games
    Next Article Alex Jones’ Infowars is bought by The Onion after being shut down for peddling Sandy Hook conspiracy theories
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Abuakwa North Municipal Assembly National Competitive Bidding Invitation for Bids

    February 19, 2026

    National Competitive Tender(NCT) Invitation for For Tender

    February 19, 2026

    Capital Group Limited announces Dubai job vacancies

    February 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202555 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports February 20, 2026

    Canada Ready to Host Ghana at 2026 World Cup – Nduwimana

    The Chargé d’affaires and Head of Cooperation at the High Commission of Canada, Francoise Nduwimana,…

    GTA celebrates with inmates at Navrongo Central Prison and Ho Female Prison

    MiDA calls on chiefs to release land for President Mahama’s agricultural project

    Brit, 23, dies three weeks after Thai motorbike crash left him in a coma as heartbroken family describe ‘living nightmare’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Canada Ready to Host Ghana at 2026 World Cup – Nduwimana

    GTA celebrates with inmates at Navrongo Central Prison and Ho Female Prison

    MiDA calls on chiefs to release land for President Mahama’s agricultural project

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.