Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Mustapha Bokpin makes history with 9.94s sprint victory

    Cuba gets 300 military drones for possible attacks on Florida and Guantanamo Bay amid turmoil with US

    No player is bigger than Ghana” — Carlos Queiroz

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Trump’s Kennedy Center to close for two year ‘revitalization’ amid onslaught of cancellations and staff departures
    International

    Trump’s Kennedy Center to close for two year ‘revitalization’ amid onslaught of cancellations and staff departures

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 1, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Trump’s Kennedy Center to close for two year ‘revitalization’ amid onslaught of cancellations and staff departures
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By STEPHEN M. LEPORE, US SENIOR REPORTER

    Published: 18:50 EST, 1 February 2026 | Updated: 18:52 EST, 1 February 2026

    Donald Trump said the Kennedy Center will close for two years for ‘complete rebuilding’ following a wave of artists canceling performances at the venue.

    The president, who partially renamed the building ‘The Trump Kennedy Center’ last month, made the announcement on Truth Social Sunday night. 

    ‘I have determined that The Trump Kennedy Center, if temporarily closed for Construction, Revitalization, and Complete Rebuilding, can be, without question, the finest Performing Arts Facility of its kind, anywhere in the World.’

    The decision, Trump explained, came after a ‘one year review’ among ‘contractors, musical experts, art institutions’ and other advisors to determine whether the building needed to close during renovations.  

    ‘In other words, if we don’t close, the quality of Construction will not be nearly as good, and the time to completion, because of interruptions with Audiences from the many Events using the Facility, will be much longer. The temporary closure will produce a much faster and higher quality result!’

    Trump said the center will close on July 4, 2026, the 250th anniversary of America’s founding.

    He added that financing is ‘completed and fully in place’ for the renovations and the two-year closing is the ‘fastest way’ to bring the center ‘to the highest level of success, beauty and grandeur.’ 

    ‘This important decision, based on input from many Highly Respected Experts, will take a tired, broken, and dilapidated Center, one that has been in bad condition, both financially and structurally for many years, and turn it into a World Class Bastion of Arts, Music, and Entertainment, far better than it has ever been before,’ he said.

    Trump’s Kennedy Center to close for two year ‘revitalization’ amid onslaught of cancellations and staff departures

    Donald Trump said the Kennedy Center will close for two years for ‘complete rebuilding’ following a wave of artists canceling performances at the venue

    The president, who partially renamed the building 'The Trump Kennedy Center' last month, made the announcement on Truth Social Sunday night

    The president, who partially renamed the building ‘The Trump Kennedy Center’ last month, made the announcement on Truth Social Sunday night

    ‘America will be very proud of its new and beautiful Landmark for many generations to come.’

    The Daily Mail has reached out to a spokesperson for The Trump Kennedy Center for comment.  

    This is a developing story. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Trump’s Kennedy Center to close for two year ‘revitalization’ amid onslaught of cancellations and staff departures



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleStevenson vence a López y es tetracampeón al ganar el título de la OMB/Ring de las 140 libras
    Next Article ‘Children think I’m their mate’ -16-Year-Old SHS student wins hearts with confidence
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Cuba gets 300 military drones for possible attacks on Florida and Guantanamo Bay amid turmoil with US

    May 18, 2026

    Treatment hope for a Scottish woman who suffered ‘broken heart’ after the death of her mother

    May 17, 2026

    The Morning Poll: What’s behind the UK’s Eurovision failure?

    May 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025138 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026118 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025101 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202669 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 18, 2026

    Mustapha Bokpin makes history with 9.94s sprint victory

    Mustapha Bokpin delivered a stunning performance at the Conference USA (C-USA) Championships in Tennessee after…

    Cuba gets 300 military drones for possible attacks on Florida and Guantanamo Bay amid turmoil with US

    No player is bigger than Ghana” — Carlos Queiroz

    Treatment hope for a Scottish woman who suffered ‘broken heart’ after the death of her mother

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Mustapha Bokpin makes history with 9.94s sprint victory

    Cuba gets 300 military drones for possible attacks on Florida and Guantanamo Bay amid turmoil with US

    No player is bigger than Ghana” — Carlos Queiroz

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.