Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    NHS halts Palantir training amid pressure from Labour MPs and pro-Palestine lobby to scrap £330m contract

    Mining comes with responsibility to future generations – Ga Mantse

    US cites India on voter IDs, but are elections under Modi clean? | Elections News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Stellantis worker is killed by ROBOT while retooling Detroit car factory
    International

    Stellantis worker is killed by ROBOT while retooling Detroit car factory

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 18, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Stellantis worker is killed by ROBOT while retooling Detroit car factory
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A Detroit car factory worker was killed by a robotic arm while retooling a Stellantis factory.  

    Ronald Adams, 63, was crushed to death in April 2025 inside the conglomerate’s Dundee Engine Plant in Michigan, according to a recently-filed lawsuit. 

    Adams, a US Air Force veteran, was repairing a machine inside the plant owned by the auto giant, which makes Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge and Ram cars, when two of his coworkers left him alone to work on a piece of machinery while they took a break.

    Minutes later, one of them returned to find the body of the father and grandfather pinned between a robotic arm and a conveyor. 

    According to court documents seen by The Detroit News, they quickly called paramedics and an on-site electrician to raise the arm off the experienced mechanic, who previously worked at Northwest Airlines. 

    A worker said in a statement seen by the outlet that Adams was ‘hunched over with his right arm on conveyor,’ the robotic arm had his ‘right shoulder pinned,’ they said.

    Three workers then worked with paramedic teams to move Adams from the conveyor belt to a stretcher. He was then rushed to hospital where he later died.  

    A medical examiner later ruled that he died after suffering catastrophic crushing injuries and ‘traumatic asphyxia.’

    Stellantis worker is killed by ROBOT while retooling Detroit car factory

    Ronald Adams, 63, was crushed to death in April of last year inside the conglomerate’s Dundee Engine Plant

    A robot works with engine parts at the Stellantis Dundee Engine Complex on August 18, 2022 in Dundee, Michigan

    A robot works with engine parts at the Stellantis Dundee Engine Complex on August 18, 2022 in Dundee, Michigan

    According to a lawsuit filed by his widow Shamenia Stewart-Adams, also seen by the outlet, there were a lack of safety guards and safe work practices when Adams died.

    The suit said that the lack of measures allowed the robotic arm to pin and crush Adams, who had worked in the plant for two decades. 

    At the time of his death, Adams was working with a group to retool the plant as it prepared to start producing a new four-cylinder engine. 

    He was working on a large industrial chamber washer that cleans out engine parts, with the robotic arm bringing components to and from the washer. 

    According to the outlet, the lawsuit hinges on a safety mechanism for the washer that Adams’ estate claims was ‘electronically bypassed’ with a special key.

    This alleged bypass allowed Adams to get to work even while the machinery around him, including the robotic arm, was not in the correct work-safe mode. 

    Fives Cinetic Corp, who are named in the suit, supplied the washer to the plant and claimed in their response that the accident would not have happened if Stellantis had followed ‘safe work practices,’ the outlet reported. 

    Court filings seen by the outlet also indicate that other factors may have played a part in his death. 

    According to a lawsuit filed by his widow Shamenia Stewart-Adams, there was a lack of safety guards and safe work practices when Adams died

    According to a lawsuit filed by his widow Shamenia Stewart-Adams, there was a lack of safety guards and safe work practices when Adams died

    A worker is seen here assembling an engine inside the Dundee plant where Adams was pinned beneath the robotic arm

    A worker is seen here assembling an engine inside the Dundee plant where Adams was pinned beneath the robotic arm

    Adams was found when his coworkers returned from a break to find him pinned beneath the heavy machinery. The inside of the Detroit Assembly Complex-Mack owned by the firm is seen here

    Adams was found when his coworkers returned from a break to find him pinned beneath the heavy machinery. The inside of the Detroit Assembly Complex-Mack owned by the firm is seen here

    A worker reported an issue with the robotic system that killed Adams two days before the fatal incident, saying it would move while in ‘dry run’ mode. 

    An attorney for Adams also told The Detroit News that there was no evidence to suggest that Adams was the one who used the key to disable the robot’s safety features before his death. 

    Lawyers for Stellantis filed earlier this year to have the case dismissed, but Judge Catherine Heise denied the motion. 

    Adams is one of three Stellantis workers in the US to have died in industrial incidents in the last two years. 

    The first happened in Toledo, Ohio, in August of 2024 when Antonio Gaston, 53, was crushed after being snagged on a piece of equipment. 

    Earlier this month James Brasher, 57, died after falling from the second-story loading bay of a former Mopar office and hitting his head on a dumpster, he died instantly.

    The two men and Adams were all members of the United Auto Workers.  

    Antonio Gaston was crushed to death after being snagged on a piece of equipment while leaning over a conveyor belt

    Antonio Gaston was crushed to death after being snagged on a piece of equipment while leaning over a conveyor belt

    A 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L goes through the Framer 1 section of the assembly line at the Stellantis Detroit Assembly Complex-Mack on June 10, 2021 in Detroit, Michigan

    A 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L goes through the Framer 1 section of the assembly line at the Stellantis Detroit Assembly Complex-Mack on June 10, 2021 in Detroit, Michigan

    Earlier this month James Brasher died after falling from the second-story loading bay of a former Mopar office and hitting his head on a dumpster, he died instantly

    Earlier this month James Brasher died after falling from the second-story loading bay of a former Mopar office and hitting his head on a dumpster, he died instantly

    Gaston’s widow has filed a lawsuit in federal court against the firm claiming the conveyor system that snagged him lacked crucial equipment to prevent such a thing from happening. 

    An investigation by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ruled that he reached across a conveyor belt when he was caught. 

    The watchdog issued a ‘serious violation’ with regards to machine guarding inside the Toledo plant and fined them $16,000, the outlet reported. The company contested the fine and settled for around $11,000. 

    An OSHA investigation is underway into the death of Brasher and a probe continues into the death of Adams. 

    The Daily Mail has contacted Stellantis for comment.

    A spokesperson previously told The Detroit News: ‘We regularly evaluate and strengthen our internal standards and protocols to protect employees across our operations.

    ‘Sharing best practices throughout the organization helps reinforce our safety culture and supports consistent performance. 

    ‘Stellantis continues to enhance workplace safety and ensure all sites meet or exceed regulatory requirements.’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleDeploy new approach to flood management — UG Pro VC
    Next Article Wayne Rooney names the Man United star Michael Carrick ‘cannot rely on’ – and reveals his fears for ‘too small’ midfield which will cost them in the Premier League this season
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    NHS halts Palantir training amid pressure from Labour MPs and pro-Palestine lobby to scrap £330m contract

    August 18, 2026

    Moment teens involved in fatal Irish motorway crash brag about driving wrong way down road and post videos of themselves being chased by police

    August 18, 2026

    More chaos in Reform UK as party suspends top supporter Tim Montgomerie after he brands Zia Yusuf a ‘child’ and agrees that Nigel Farage has ‘fallen out of love’ with him

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    NHS halts Palantir training amid pressure from Labour MPs and pro-Palestine lobby to scrap £330m contract

    By MILES DILWORTH Published: 07:53 EDT, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 11:31 EDT, 18 August…

    Mining comes with responsibility to future generations – Ga Mantse

    US cites India on voter IDs, but are elections under Modi clean? | Elections News

    James Agalga thanks Ghanaians for confidence after election as Majority Leader

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    NHS halts Palantir training amid pressure from Labour MPs and pro-Palestine lobby to scrap £330m contract

    Mining comes with responsibility to future generations – Ga Mantse

    US cites India on voter IDs, but are elections under Modi clean? | Elections News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.