Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Why former President John Evans Atta Mills is trending

    China has been quietly building a ‘new generation of nuclear weapons’ while all eyes are on Iran

    Baba Adamu: ‘Win against Kotoko has boosted our confidence’

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Southport ‘killer’ is charged with making deadly poison ricin and having book about Al-Qaeda terrorist manual
    International

    Southport ‘killer’ is charged with making deadly poison ricin and having book about Al-Qaeda terrorist manual

    Papa LincBy Papa LincOctober 29, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Southport ‘killer’ is charged with making deadly poison ricin and having book about Al-Qaeda terrorist manual
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By Liz Hull

    Published: 11:36 EDT, 29 October 2024 | Updated: 11:43 EDT, 29 October 2024

    The suspect in the Southport murders was today charged with making the deadly poison ricin.

    Axel Rudakubana, 18, has also been charged with having a study of a terrorist manual after one was found at his home, police said.

    The teenager is accused of murdering three young girls – Bebe King, six, Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, and Alice Dasilva Aguiar, nine – in a stabbing at a Taylor Swift-themed holiday club in July. He is also accused of ten attempted murders and possession of a knife.

    The killings sparked large scale riots, fuelled by misinformation on social media, in towns and cities across the UK.

    Today Serena Kennedy, the Chief Constable of Merseyside police, said the Crown Prosecution Service had authorised them to charge Rudakubana with manufacturing the biological toxin ricin and having a study of a terrorist manual – namely Military Studies in the Jihad Against the Tyrants: The Al-Qaeda Training Manual.

    Southport ‘killer’ is charged with making deadly poison ricin and having book about Al-Qaeda terrorist manual

    Today Serena Kennedy, the Chief Constable of Merseyside police, said the Crown Prosecution Service had authorised them to charge Rudakubana with manufacturing the biological toxin ricin

    Axel Rudakubana, 18, has also been charged with having a study of a terrorist manual after one was found at his home, police said

    Axel Rudakubana, 18, has also been charged with having a study of a terrorist manual after one was found at his home, police said 

    Ms Kennedy stressed that the risk to the public and emergency services who responded to the attack on July 29 was ‘low or very low’ and that no one had been contaminated or harmed as a consequence.

    She also said that, although Rudakubana has been charged with offences under both the Biological Weapons and Terrorism Act, the incident had not been declared terror-related.

    ‘At this time counter terror policing have not declared the events of July 29 a terrorist incident,’ she said. ‘I recognise these new charges may lead to speculation.

    ‘The method by which Axel Rudakubana has been charged under the Terror Act does not require motive to be established.’

    She urged people against speculating about Rudakubana’s motive online and on social media, adding that the suspect had a ‘right to a fair trial.’

    Rudakubana is due to enter a plea to the murder and attempted murder charges next month. A previous hearing, at Liverpool Crown Court, heard he has autism.

    The three girls had been attending the summer holiday club at the Hart Space Community Centre, in Southport, when they were stabbed on July 29. Eight other children and two adults were also seriously injured.

    A sea of teddies, balloons and flowers was left outside Southport Town Hall in tribute to the children in the immediate aftermath. 

    The teenager is accused of murdering three young girls - Alice Dasilva Aguiar, nine, seven-year-old Elsie Dot Stancombe and Bebe King, six

    The teenager is accused of murdering three young girls – Alice Dasilva Aguiar, nine, seven-year-old Elsie Dot Stancombe and Bebe King, six

    Floral tributes left for the Southport victims

    Floral tributes left for the Southport victims 

    The attack and subsequent rioting prompted King Charles to express his ‘profound shock’ and cut into his holiday to Balmoral, in Scotland, to visit the Merseyside seaside town.

    Professor Tim Atkins, from the Government’s Defence Science Technology Laboratory, at Porton Down, said 0.5mg of ricin is deadly to humans.

    The organisation worked in partnership with Merseyside police once the substance was discovered and quickly confirmed it was the toxin.

    He said: ‘At all stages of the incident, DSTL have worked closely with Merseyside Police, with the priority that people were kept safe, and to allow the police to respond and investigate as quickly as possible.’

    Share or comment on this article:
    Southport ‘killer’ is charged with making deadly poison ricin and having book about Al-Qaeda terrorist manual



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleM-KOPA’s Local Production Drive Boosts Kenya’s Tech Manufacturing Sector
    Next Article Burna Boy Announces His New Policy Against Tr0lls Who D!srespect Him Online
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    China has been quietly building a ‘new generation of nuclear weapons’ while all eyes are on Iran

    February 22, 2026

    Melania Trump stuns in silver pants as she arrives at controversial Governor’s Dinner with husband Donald as dozens threaten boycott after president’s turbulent week

    February 22, 2026

    Why detectives suddenly switched the desperate hunt for the body of missing Gus Lamont to a vast new search area – as fresh details of his grandparents’ HUGE Outback empire and the station’s sinister past are revealed

    February 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    News February 22, 2026

    Why former President John Evans Atta Mills is trending

    Former President John Evans Atta Mills is back in the trend Former President John Evans…

    China has been quietly building a ‘new generation of nuclear weapons’ while all eyes are on Iran

    Baba Adamu: ‘Win against Kotoko has boosted our confidence’

    Power, water constraints threaten industrial expansion – Sam George

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Why former President John Evans Atta Mills is trending

    China has been quietly building a ‘new generation of nuclear weapons’ while all eyes are on Iran

    Baba Adamu: ‘Win against Kotoko has boosted our confidence’

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.