Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Would-be kidnapper posing as utility worker at trailer park thwarted by ‘hero’ 85-year-old woman

    Nathaniel Adjei confident ahead of Black Stars friendly against Mexico

    Disturbing Australian link to the San Diego teen mosque killers is laid bare

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Pippa Middleton and her husband James Matthew embroiled in village row over the use of a footpath at £15million country estate in West Berkshire
    International

    Pippa Middleton and her husband James Matthew embroiled in village row over the use of a footpath at £15million country estate in West Berkshire

    Papa LincBy Papa LincOctober 26, 2024No Comments4 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Pippa Middleton and her husband James Matthew embroiled in village row over the use of a footpath at £15million country estate in West Berkshire
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By Sarah Robertson

    Published: 19:14 EDT, 26 October 2024 | Updated: 19:38 EDT, 26 October 2024

    Pippa Middleton and her husband are at the centre of a village row over the use of a footpath at their £15million estate.

    The Princess of Wales‘s sister and finance tycoon James Matthews moved their young family into the 145-acre country pile in West Berkshire two years ago.

    The estate was previously owned by late design tycoon Sir Terence Conran, who allowed locals to use a country lane leading up to the Georgian mansion’s private drive.

    However Ms Middleton and her husband have decided to close off the lane to walkers, with signs warning ‘Private: No Public Access’ and ‘No Trespassing’ appearing around the estate. One villager told The Mail on Sunday that the couple’s decision to block the pathway was ‘outrageous’.

    He added: ‘I like to walk, and I don’t see why I can’t walk there. I have been walking along there for 50 years. When Sir Terence had it, he had no objections. I think we should have a right to roam.

    Pippa Middleton and her husband James Matthew embroiled in village row over the use of a footpath at £15million country estate in West Berkshire

    Ms Middleton and her husband have decided to close off the lane to walkers, with signs warning ‘Private: No Public Access’ and ‘No Trespassing’ appearing around the estate

    The Princess of Wales 's sister and finance tycoon James Matthews moved their young family into the 145-acre country pile in West Berkshire two years ago

    The Princess of Wales ‘s sister and finance tycoon James Matthews moved their young family into the 145-acre country pile in West Berkshire two years ago

    Uncle Gary hits out at criminals 

    The Princess of Wales’s uncle has hit out at Labour’s move to release criminals early after he came to the aid of two elderly victims.

    Gary Goldsmith, 59, told The Mail on Sunday he did his ‘civic duty’ after he saw a man verbally abusing two women in Regent’s Park, central London.

    Recalling how the women were ‘physically shaking’, the entrepreneur said: ‘I got quite verbal and told him to back down. Then he just started following me, it was horrific.’ 

    Hitting out at the early release scheme, Mr Goldsmith said the move was ‘f****** mental’. 

    He added: ‘I think it’s been the worst start to any government ever. They’re going to ruin UK PLC.’

    ‘These people seem to be overprotective of their property. I don’t think it is right. We are quiet villagers. We don’t have vandalism around here. With all the notices stuck up, it feels like us and them.’ 

    Another villager said: ‘I think it is a shame. It is a lovely walk.

    ‘Although it wasn’t officially a footpath, Sir Terence didn’t have any objections. He was very nice. Everyone liked him. He was quite involved in the village.

    ‘It feels they are depriving the village of an amenity. People might get the impression they are throwing their weight around.’

    Through his estate manager, Mr Matthews submitted a Highway Declaration Notice to West Berkshire Council in March marking out his private territory.

    It made it clear that the road previously used by locals is off limits. Eugene Futcher, chairman of the West Berkshire Ramblers, has launched a counter application, seeking to have the driveway declared a public right of way.

    The council is expected to reach a decision next year but, as landowners, the Matthews family are allowed to impose their own restrictions until then.

    However some villagers have expressed their support for the couple, with one business owner saying: ‘The public assume it is a right of way.  It has never been a right of way. 

    The estate was previously owned by late design tycoon Sir Terence Conran , who allowed locals to use a country lane leading up to the Georgian mansion's private drive

    The estate was previously owned by late design tycoon Sir Terence Conran , who allowed locals to use a country lane leading up to the Georgian mansion’s private drive

    ‘They were always allowed to walk it by the previous landowner but now it’s owned by somebody else. [The Matthews] have just exercised their right.’

    They added: ‘Ramblers are narrow-minded people who don’t have anything and don’t want other people to have anything. It is jealousy. 

    ‘If it was their house or garden, would they want anybody to walk through it?’ 

    Mr Matthews was approached for comment.

    Pippa MiddletonTerence Conran

    Share or comment on this article:
    Pippa Middleton and her husband James Matthew embroiled in village row over the use of a footpath at £15million country estate in West Berkshire



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleCristiano Ronaldo MISSES Al-Nassr’s Saudi Pro League clash after his partner Georgina Rodriguez revealed she had been released from hospital following four-day stay with health battle
    Next Article Parts of Labone Honeysuckle destroyed by fire
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Would-be kidnapper posing as utility worker at trailer park thwarted by ‘hero’ 85-year-old woman

    May 21, 2026

    Disturbing Australian link to the San Diego teen mosque killers is laid bare

    May 21, 2026

    Shocking change in male model’s appearance as he faces court over death of his personal trainer husband

    May 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 21, 2026

    Would-be kidnapper posing as utility worker at trailer park thwarted by ‘hero’ 85-year-old woman

    By JACK TOLEDO Published: 01:27 EDT, 21 May 2026 | Updated: 01:27 EDT, 21 May…

    Nathaniel Adjei confident ahead of Black Stars friendly against Mexico

    Disturbing Australian link to the San Diego teen mosque killers is laid bare

    Derrick Kohn reflects on tough but rewarding Bundesliga season with Union Berlin

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Would-be kidnapper posing as utility worker at trailer park thwarted by ‘hero’ 85-year-old woman

    Nathaniel Adjei confident ahead of Black Stars friendly against Mexico

    Disturbing Australian link to the San Diego teen mosque killers is laid bare

    Most Popular

    Breakthrough in search for missing San Francisco man who vanished in 2017

    November 19, 20240 Views

    “And she’s among the girls shouting” – Female congregant publicly declares crúsh during an anonymous Q&A session in church (WATCH)

    November 19, 20240 Views

    Tsikata praised Mahama’s govt because he enjoyed contracts under that regime

    November 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.