Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    Augustine Boakye to miss Black Stars trip to Mexico due to Saint-Étienne Playoffs

    Embattled LA Mayor Karen Bass doubles down on assertion that drug users should get free taxpayer-funded teeth

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Our boycott of Ghana Premier League will continue until we see major changes
    Sports

    Our boycott of Ghana Premier League will continue until we see major changes

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 10, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read8 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Our boycott of Ghana Premier League will continue until we see major changes
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Communications Director of Asante Kotoko, Samuel Sarfo Duku, has noted that the club have not rescinded the decision to withdraw from the Ghana Premier League after the death of a staunch fan Nana Pooley.

    He clarified that the decision to withdraw is an effort to seek reforms and that until the objective is achieved, the decision remains unchanged.

    He acknowledged and lauded the Ghana Police Service for the swift actions taken including the multiple arrests made in connection with the death of Pooley.

    “They (the Police) have just started, let’s wait and see where things will get to. For now, it’s too early to say that we have rescinded our decision. We are saying that we want to see that the Police are getting somewhere and hopefully they will get there,” he told 3Sports.

    “So far six arrests have been made and it’s refreshing. But let’s wait and see where things will get to. I don’t think that Kotoko is saying they will not play football again. No, that’s not what we are saying.”

    Sarfo Duku reiterated that losing a fan should compel and inspire major reforms in the league.

    “We kept complaining that things were not in good shape but unfortunately, we didn’t get the appropriate response. We believe that we have lost a soul, so it will compel the stakeholders that things are not really going well. We want to see major reforms in the game.”

    Asante Kotoko in a statement released on Tuesday, February 4, 2025, announced their withdrawal from the GPL.

    The club have suspended all first-team football activities but juvenile activities will continue as required.

    “Asante Kotoko wish to state that all footballing activities of the senior team are on hold until further notice. Our stance remains unchanged; we will not resume footballing duties until justice is served, and concrete steps are taken to prevent such barbaric acts from ever happening again,” the club wrote.

    “In the meantime, management has decided to suspend all activities relating to football on the pitch until further investigations into the matter. However, our juvenile team and players recovering from injuries who require rehab will be allowed at our training centre

    Communications director of Kotoko, Sarfo Duku, says the club’s stance of temporarily putting all matches on hold in honour of the late Nana Pooley has not changed despite the Police making arrests and being swift with investigations.#3Sports pic.twitter.com/M8dRT9KCZG

    — #3Sports (@3SportsGh) February 9, 2025

    EE/EK

    Watch the latest edition of Sports Debate below:





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article‘I will run for MP soon’
    Next Article Centenarian who put her longevity down to one cheeky reason dies aged 108: Trailblazer was a champion swimmer who almost made it to the 1936 Olympics
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Augustine Boakye to miss Black Stars trip to Mexico due to Saint-Étienne Playoffs

    May 19, 2026

    “I know a miracle is on the way” — Sports Minister backs Kudus to recover for World Cup

    May 19, 2026

    Chelsea vs Tottenham – Premier League LIVE: Lates score, team news and updates as Enzo Fernandez fires the Blues ahead to bolster their European hopes and deepen rivals’ relegation fears

    May 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 19, 2026

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    Do you know more? Email maisy.rae@dailymail.com.au By MAISY RAE Published: 16:43 EDT, 19 May 2026 |…

    Augustine Boakye to miss Black Stars trip to Mexico due to Saint-Étienne Playoffs

    Embattled LA Mayor Karen Bass doubles down on assertion that drug users should get free taxpayer-funded teeth

    “I know a miracle is on the way” — Sports Minister backs Kudus to recover for World Cup

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    One man is dead and four others injured after shooting in Canley Heights, Sydney

    Augustine Boakye to miss Black Stars trip to Mexico due to Saint-Étienne Playoffs

    Embattled LA Mayor Karen Bass doubles down on assertion that drug users should get free taxpayer-funded teeth

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.