Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    The university degrees that fast-track graduates to a six-figure salary

    Late flight forces ex-LIV golfer, 26, to surrender a US Open place as he tries to rebuild his career

    Mango heir who is accused of killing his billionaire father was ‘obsessed with money’ and ‘wanted his inheritance’, judge says

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Okudzeto Ablakwa’s ORAL team told to investigate sports ministry over alleged GH¢486m debt
    Sports

    Okudzeto Ablakwa’s ORAL team told to investigate sports ministry over alleged GH¢486m debt

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read8 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Okudzeto Ablakwa’s ORAL team told to investigate sports ministry over alleged GH¢486m debt
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Mustapha Ussif and Okudzeto Ablakwa Mustapha Ussif and Okudzeto Ablakwa

    The Communicator for the Movement for Change, Solomon Nkansah, has urged the Mahama government’s anti-corruption team, Operation Recover All Loot (ORAL), to investigate the Ministry of Youth and Sports over an alleged debt of GH¢486 million.

    He accused the sports ministry of spending a whopping $250 million to host the All-African Games, with the money not properly accounted for.

    The Movement for Change communicator noted that his team petitioned the office of the Special Prosecutor to hold the ministry accountable for the expenditure, but there was no positive feedback.

    “I heard the Ministry of Youth and Sports is owing about GH¢486 million. Was it not the same ministry that spent close to $250 million on the All-African Games? We petitioned the Special Prosecutor on how those monies were expended.

    “They used almost $16 million to renovate hostels on the Legon campus; meanwhile, when I went there, it was just air conditioners that had been fixed. The woman that said she used $15 million to cook, we need to look into it,” he said during a panel discussion on TV3.

    He further called on the ORAL, led by North Tongu Member of Parliament (MP)

    Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, to probe the sports ministry over the debt.

    “There needs to be proper accountability and audit. So, the ORAL team should come in, and it even goes beyond that because we know the people who misused the money,” he added.

    Meanwhile, the Ministry of Youth and Sports are yet to respond to claims of owing GH¢486 million.

    Watch the video below:

    A senior communicator for the Movement for Change, Solomon Owusu, has revealed that the Ministry of Youth and Sports owes approximately 486 million Ghana cedis, yet spent huge amount on the African Games.

    He further alleged that the Sports Minister allocated $16 million for… pic.twitter.com/BdGZsaeeY1

    — SIKAOFFICIAL🦍 (@SIKAOFFICIAL1) January 8, 2025

    Watch the moment Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang was sworn in as Vice President of Ghana

    SB/EE





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleI’m excited about Ghana’s future – Michael Blackson speaks on Mahama’s inauguration
    Next Article 28th GUSA games opens in Cape Coast
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Late flight forces ex-LIV golfer, 26, to surrender a US Open place as he tries to rebuild his career

    May 20, 2026

    “Ghana should at least reach knockout phase”

    May 20, 2026

    Black Stars hold first training session in Puebla ahead of Mexico pre-World Cup friendly

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 20, 2026

    The university degrees that fast-track graduates to a six-figure salary

    By MATT JONES, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 22:39 EDT, 19 May 2026 | Updated:…

    Late flight forces ex-LIV golfer, 26, to surrender a US Open place as he tries to rebuild his career

    Mango heir who is accused of killing his billionaire father was ‘obsessed with money’ and ‘wanted his inheritance’, judge says

    “Ghana should at least reach knockout phase”

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    The university degrees that fast-track graduates to a six-figure salary

    Late flight forces ex-LIV golfer, 26, to surrender a US Open place as he tries to rebuild his career

    Mango heir who is accused of killing his billionaire father was ‘obsessed with money’ and ‘wanted his inheritance’, judge says

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.