Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    How Jato village fought back

    Blizzard warning for 30 million as bomb cyclone set to detonate across northeast: ‘Travel dangerous, impossible’

    Government allocates GH¢150m for Black Stars’ world cup preparations

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»NHIA clears outstanding claims:…releases GHC 270m for October, November 2024
    Politics

    NHIA clears outstanding claims:…releases GHC 270m for October, November 2024

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read11 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    NHIA clears outstanding claims:…releases GHC 270m for October, November 2024
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) has successfully disbursed GH¢270 million to healthcare providers across the country to cover claims submitted and vetted up to October 2024 and part of November 2024.

    The NHIA remains within the agreed-upon three-month reimbursement period and currently has no outstanding vetted claims to pay, says a statement issued in Accra Friday and signed by the Chief Executive of the Authority , Dr Da-Costa Aboagye .

    “This latest payment brings the total amount released by the NHIA over the past four months to over GH¢1.2 billion, reinforcing the Authority’s ongoing commitment to supporting healthcare providers and ensuring the sustainability of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS),

    The prompt payment regime, which was introduced earlier in 2024, continues to play a key role in maintaining a debt-free status, guaranteeing timely reimbursement to healthcare providers nationwide,” it said.

    In line with the ongoing effort, the NHIA reminded healthcare facilities to submit their claims promptly, as claims should not cover a period exceeding 90 days.

    According the statement , the NHIA’s commitment to timely payments was a vital part of its strategy to strengthen the healthcare system, build strong partnerships with healthcare providers, and deliver quality healthcare services to all subscribers of the NHIS.

    The Authority expressed gratitude to healthcare providers for their unwavering dedication and continuous support in providing high-quality healthcare services to Ghanaians.

    Adding , The NHIA remains committed to engaging with stakeholders to address any concerns, ensuring the collaboration needed to sustain an efficient and effective healthcare system.

    The NHIS’s Benefit Package covers over 95 percent of disease conditions and includes more than 550 medications on the NHIS medicines list, offering comprehensive support to the health needs of all subscribers.

    June to October
    In addition to this current payment, the NHIA has also made significant disbursements in recent months.

    On December 1, 2024, the NHIA released GH¢200 million for claims covering September and part of October 2024, following an earlier disbursement of over GH¢335 million on October 9, 2024, for claims related to August 2024.

    In September 2024, it said the NHIA began disbursing GH¢402 million to health facilities to cover claims for June and July 2024.

    “These payments demonstrate the Authority’s dedication to fulfilling its financial obligations to healthcare providers and strengthening the healthcare sector for the benefit of all Ghanaians.”

    BY TIMES REPORTER



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleMubarak Wakaso nears football return as Hearts of Oak plan transfer move
    Next Article I’m the headteacher of a £17k-a-year school… our students do a four-day week, classes are taught in tents and we’re NOT graded by Ofsted – and here’s why it works
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Marseille appoint Beye – Ghanaian Times

    February 20, 2026

    Arsenal suffer title blow with late Wolves equaliser

    February 20, 2026

    Bodo/Glimt stun Inter in Champions League last 16

    February 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    News February 21, 2026

    How Jato village fought back

    Okada riders used noodles to trick girls into sex In Jato Village, in the Suhum…

    Blizzard warning for 30 million as bomb cyclone set to detonate across northeast: ‘Travel dangerous, impossible’

    Government allocates GH¢150m for Black Stars’ world cup preparations

    I spend a minimum of GH¢500 on food daily

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    How Jato village fought back

    Blizzard warning for 30 million as bomb cyclone set to detonate across northeast: ‘Travel dangerous, impossible’

    Government allocates GH¢150m for Black Stars’ world cup preparations

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.