Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed’s brothers face court after they allegedly demanded $200,000 from him

    See the dramatic moment footy fans tackle would-be thief in front of AFL stars after he struck at Collingwood training session

    The university degrees that fast-track graduates to a six-figure salary

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»NFL legend Brett Favre speaks out after ESPN sparks fury over national anthem following New Orleans attack
    Sports

    NFL legend Brett Favre speaks out after ESPN sparks fury over national anthem following New Orleans attack

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 4, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    NFL legend Brett Favre speaks out after ESPN sparks fury over national anthem following New Orleans attack
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ERIC BLUM

    Published: 00:33 EST, 4 January 2025 | Updated: 00:41 EST, 4 January 2025

    Brett Favre has blasted the decision not to air the moment of silence or the national anthem on ESPN in the moments leading up to the Sugar Bowl due to the terrorist attack in New Orleans less than 24 hours prior. 

    ESPN came under fire earlier in the week for not including it as part of its broadcast, with the Sugar Bowl instead having lead-in remarks from President Joe Biden and another speech from Allstate CEO Tom Wilson.

    The speech from Wilson, which was aired moments before kickoff was widely panned. 

    Now Favre, whose political allegiance to Donald Trump has been clear over the last decade, weighed in on the decision. 

    ‘I heard: There was no televised National Anthem for Sugar Bowl yesterday. Instead a DEI message by @Allstate CEO. Woke is a joke,’ Favre said on social media. 

    DEI stands for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which is a mission that tries to be as inclusive as possible for all people.  

    NFL legend Brett Favre speaks out after ESPN sparks fury over national anthem following New Orleans attack

    Favre has blasted not airing the moment of silence or the national anthem for the Sugar Bowl

    The Sugar Bowl was postponed due to a terrorist attack in New Orleans which killed 14 people

    The Sugar Bowl was postponed due to a terrorist attack in New Orleans which killed 14 people

    Favre only posted about the lack of national anthem on the broadcast more than 24 hours after the game ended. 

    The NFL legend only showed his disgust in hindsight with many others showing their disapproval for Wilson’s speech, which seemingly took the airtime of where the Star-Spangled Banner would have been. 

    The New Orleans terrorist attack, which killed 14 in the early hours on New Year’s Day, postponed the College Football Playoff quarterfinal by a day, before the game’s primary sponsor’s CEO made his speech. 

    ‘Welcome to the Allstate Sugar Bowl,’ Wilson’s speech began. ‘Wednesday, tragedy struck the New Orleans community. Our prayers are with the victims and their families.’

    ‘We also need to be stronger together by overcoming an addiction to divisiveness and negativity. Join Allstate working in local communities all across America to amplify the positive, increase trust, and accept peoples imperfections and differences. Together we win.’

    The reaction to that message was not well received in any medium, including on social media. 

    ‘@Allstate IN WHAT UNIVERSE was this a good idea?’ one college football fan said on social media. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    NFL legend Brett Favre speaks out after ESPN sparks fury over national anthem following New Orleans attack



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleMy MPs lost seats because of my fight against galamsey
    Next Article Magnitude 4.5 earthquake strikes regional mining town in NSW
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    See the dramatic moment footy fans tackle would-be thief in front of AFL stars after he struck at Collingwood training session

    May 20, 2026

    Late flight forces ex-LIV golfer, 26, to surrender a US Open place as he tries to rebuild his career

    May 20, 2026

    “Ghana should at least reach knockout phase”

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 20, 2026

    Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed’s brothers face court after they allegedly demanded $200,000 from him

    By CHARLOTTE KARP, SENIOR NEWS REPORTER Published: 23:51 EDT, 19 May 2026 | Updated: 00:06…

    See the dramatic moment footy fans tackle would-be thief in front of AFL stars after he struck at Collingwood training session

    The university degrees that fast-track graduates to a six-figure salary

    Late flight forces ex-LIV golfer, 26, to surrender a US Open place as he tries to rebuild his career

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed’s brothers face court after they allegedly demanded $200,000 from him

    See the dramatic moment footy fans tackle would-be thief in front of AFL stars after he struck at Collingwood training session

    The university degrees that fast-track graduates to a six-figure salary

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.