Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    Man dressed as clown who killed male model at Halloween party in unprovoked attack is jailed for 16 years

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»New York Jets identify quarterback Jaxson Dart as possible Aaron Rodgers replacement
    Sports

    New York Jets identify quarterback Jaxson Dart as possible Aaron Rodgers replacement

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 17, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    New York Jets identify quarterback Jaxson Dart as possible Aaron Rodgers replacement
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By DANIEL MATTHEWS

    Published: 21:13 EST, 16 February 2025 | Updated: 21:13 EST, 16 February 2025

    Ole Miss star Jaxson Dart has emerged as a possible replacement for Aaron Rodgers at the New York Jets.

    Confirmation of Rodgers’ exit came earlier this week, following two disappointing years with the legendary quarterback.

    The 41-year-old’s departure leaves a huge hole to fill for new head coach Aaron Glenn and general manager Darren Mougey.

    Now, according to ESPN, the Jets could target Dart in the upcoming NFL draft. Cam Ward (Miami) and Shedeur Sanders (Colorado) are expected to be the top quarterback options in April.

    But Jets executive Rick Spielman recently heaped praise on Dart, the 21-year-old who who made the 2024 All-SEC team.

    Spielman was recently hired as a senior football advisor by the Jets. And at last month’s Senior Bowl, as an analyst on CBS, he said: ‘I like Jaxson Dart a lot – better and better and better.

    New York Jets identify quarterback Jaxson Dart as possible Aaron Rodgers replacement

    Jaxson Dart has emerged as a possible replacement for Aaron Rodgers at the New York Jets

    The 41-year-old’s departure leaves a huge hole to fill for new head coach Aaron Glenn

    Jets executive Rick Spielman recently heaped praise on Dart ahead of the NFL draft

    Jets executive Rick Spielman recently heaped praise on Dart ahead of the NFL draft

    ‘It just looks like the position comes natural to him,’ added Spielman, who praised Dart’s ‘arm talent’ and said he had the ‘smoothest, quickest release’ of any quarterback at the Senior Bowl. 

    Dart’s toughness, intelligence and leadership also struck Spielman, according to ESPN. ‘I came away impressed,’ he said.

    The Jets have the seventh and 42nd picks of the NFL draft, which means they are likely to miss out on both Ward and Sanders.

    ‘I don’t know if there’s another first-round quarterback after the first two,’ Spielman added. 

    ‘But the way Bo Nix started to surge last year coming out of this game, I would not be surprised if (Dart) ends up in the first round.”

    Nix was drafted 12th by the Denver Broncos in 2024 before enjoying an impressive rookie season.

    Share or comment on this article:
    New York Jets identify quarterback Jaxson Dart as possible Aaron Rodgers replacement





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article‘Be nice to everyone you meet, you never know when you’ll need them’ – Ibrahim Mahama
    Next Article The purrrfect journey! Meet the adventurous cat who took a train into London alone – leaving its owner baffled
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    May 19, 2026

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    May 19, 2026

    Ghana’s Doreen Graham shines as Sethu FC end season as runners-up

    May 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 19, 2026

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    Medeama SC defender Yussif Mubarik has expressed gratitude and pride following the club’s successful 2025/26…

    Man dressed as clown who killed male model at Halloween party in unprovoked attack is jailed for 16 years

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    Wes Streeting’s hopes of becoming PM are destroyed by Labour supporters: Just 15% would pick him over Keir Starmer – while most want Burnham, poll reveals

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    “We were optimistic of winning the league’

    Man dressed as clown who killed male model at Halloween party in unprovoked attack is jailed for 16 years

    Black Stars can progress if players deliver – Roger De Sá

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.