Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Watch as Mr Beast surprises two dedicated Ghanaian ‘village’ teachers with brand new homes

    King Charles needs to admit what he knew about Andrew, when he found out and what he did about it, Royal expert insists

    NRL star makes stunning move after accusing his club of making 35 of his team-mates ‘wrestle’ him in shocking punishment for being late to training

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»MP calls for Parliament to launch TREASON probe into Andrew and Mandelson
    International

    MP calls for Parliament to launch TREASON probe into Andrew and Mandelson

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    MP calls for Parliament to launch TREASON probe into Andrew and Mandelson
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By JAMES TAPSFIELD, UK POLITICAL EDITOR

    Published: 04:49 EST, 22 February 2026 | Updated: 04:49 EST, 22 February 2026

    A senior MP has called for Parliament to launch a treason probe into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Lord Mandelson’s links to Jeffrey Epstein.

    Former security minister Tom Tugendhat said a special committee of MPs, peers and retired judges should look into the implications for the state.

    He said the issues go ‘beyond what a court could reasonably consider’ – suggesting the inquiry should be able to summon witnesses and demand evidence.

    The former prince and Lord Mandelson are being investigated by police over allegations of misconduct in public office. Both deny any criminal wrongdoing.

    Mr Mountbatten-Windsor is accused of passing Epstein confidential material from his time as a government trade envoy. He has been arrested and released while the investigation continues.

    New Labour architect Lord Mandelson is accused of emailing sensitive Cabinet information to Epstein at the height of the Credit Crunch, while he was a minister in Gordon Brown’s administration.

    MP calls for Parliament to launch TREASON probe into Andrew and Mandelson

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (pictured last year) and Lord Mandelson are being investigated by police over allegations of misconduct in public office. Both deny any criminal wrongdoing

    Lord Mandelson – who has also had his two properties searched by police – was seen leaving his north London home yesterday

    Lord Mandelson – who has also had his two properties searched by police – was seen leaving his north London home yesterday

    Mr Tugendhat, a Tory MP, told the Sun on Sunday: ‘This affair raises urgent questions about foreign influence and national security. What did the Palace know? What did ministers know? What else is being hidden?

    ‘This goes beyond what a court could reasonably consider. Parliament must consider what it means for the country. If the worst is proved, do we need to revisit treason laws written 700 years ago?

    He added: ‘If these accusations are true, they expose something rotten at the top of the State. If they are not, the public needs proof that the guardrails are strong.

    ‘Either way, Parliament must send a clear message – Britain will defend itself from every threat, even if it comes from the very top.’

    Mr Mountbatten-Windsor spent 11 hours in police custody on Thursday, on his 66th birthday, before being released under investigation, after allegations he shared sensitive information with Epstein during his time as the UK’s trade envoy.

    Detectives continued to search his former home, Royal Lodge, in Windsor, Berkshire, on Friday and Saturday.

    He has denied any wrongdoing over his links to the convicted sex offender, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.

    Despite being stripped of his title last year, the former Duke of York is still eighth in line to the throne and an Act of Parliament would be required to remove Andrew and prevent him from ever becoming king.

    Former security minister Tom Tugendhat said a special committee of MPs, peers and retired judges should look into the implications for the state

    Former security minister Tom Tugendhat said a special committee of MPs, peers and retired judges should look into the implications for the state

    It is understood Keir Starmer’s Government will consider introducing such legislation once police have finished their investigation into the King’s disgraced brother.

    Lord Mandelson – who has also had his two properties searched by police – was seen leaving his north London home yesterday.

    A taxi arrived as the former business secretary was seen leaving his front door carrying a tote bag. He smiled at the taxi driver before entering the car, moving past a small group of waiting photographers.

    Jeffrey EpsteinTom Tugendhat

    Share or comment on this article:
    MP calls for Parliament to launch TREASON probe into Andrew and Mandelson



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleMartin And Albright Draw!
    Next Article The moving story of a man who has vowed to never leave his wife’s side over her mental illness
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    King Charles needs to admit what he knew about Andrew, when he found out and what he did about it, Royal expert insists

    February 22, 2026

    Cops swarm to a property in the hunt for missing Sydney grandfather Chris Baghsarian – hours after car found set alight was linked to his disappearance

    February 22, 2026

    Aussies vow to boycott The Coffee Club over boss’s ‘rubbish’ comment

    February 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    News February 22, 2026

    Watch as Mr Beast surprises two dedicated Ghanaian ‘village’ teachers with brand new homes

    play videoMr Beast handling the newly-built bungalows to the teachers In a quiet Ghanaian community…

    King Charles needs to admit what he knew about Andrew, when he found out and what he did about it, Royal expert insists

    NRL star makes stunning move after accusing his club of making 35 of his team-mates ‘wrestle’ him in shocking punishment for being late to training

    The moving story of a man who has vowed to never leave his wife’s side over her mental illness

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Watch as Mr Beast surprises two dedicated Ghanaian ‘village’ teachers with brand new homes

    King Charles needs to admit what he knew about Andrew, when he found out and what he did about it, Royal expert insists

    NRL star makes stunning move after accusing his club of making 35 of his team-mates ‘wrestle’ him in shocking punishment for being late to training

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.