Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Police lock down Elizabeth City Centre in Adelaide after violent Black Friday stabbing

    Eto’o secures second term as FECAFOOT President

    Don’t rubbish my efforts, respect my name

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Migrant helpline advising on issues including how to fix kettles is part of £120million call centre funded by the taxpayer
    International

    Migrant helpline advising on issues including how to fix kettles is part of £120million call centre funded by the taxpayer

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 9, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Migrant helpline advising on issues including how to fix kettles is part of £120million call centre funded by the taxpayer
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By SHANNON MCGUIGAN, NEWS REPORTER

    Published: 04:55 EST, 9 November 2025 | Updated: 05:03 EST, 9 November 2025

    A migrant helpline being used to advise on trivial issues, such as fixing kettles and complaints about food, is part of a £120million taxpayer-funded call centre. 

    The service is available 24/7 to migrants in accommodation and can be used to report a range of problems, from heating to NHS issues. 

    And operators at the call centre, run by charity Migrant Help, are being told to record every call concerning a broken item – no matter how minor. 

    However, the support service has been accused two times of failing to act before migrants went on to kill, The Sun reported. 

    A Home Affairs Select Committee report also said Migrant Help, which has received £120million of taxpayer funding since 2019, had ‘not been able to meet demand’.

    By 2029, the Government’s contract with the charity is estimated to be worth £235million. 

    Meanwhile, the helpline as a whole is part of their £4billion Advice, Issue Reporting and Eligibility Service.

    A Home Office spokesperson said: ‘This contract, along with its subsequent extension, was agreed under the previous government.

    Migrant helpline advising on issues including how to fix kettles is part of £120million call centre funded by the taxpayer

    People thought to be migrants board a small boat in Gravelines, France on November 7, 2025

    A migrant helpline, run by Migrant Help, being used to advise on trivial issues, such as fixing kettles and complaints about food, is part of a £120million taxpayer-funded call centre

    A migrant helpline, run by Migrant Help, being used to advise on trivial issues, such as fixing kettles and complaints about food, is part of a £120million taxpayer-funded call centre

    ‘All contracts are subject to review to ensure they continue to deliver value for taxpayers.’

    It comes as hundreds of small boat migrants have reached Britain earlier this week following a two-week hiatus in Channel crossings.

    Home Office Border Force vessels and an RNLI lifeboat made repeated trips into the middle of the Channel to pick up boatloads of migrants, with at least 300 migrants being brought to Dover.

    It included one migrant brought ashore on a stretcher while receiving medical care.

    The arrivals on November 6 were the first since October 22 after a 14-day period of high winds on the Channel.

    So far this year, there have been 36,954 arrivals, not including figures from November 6, representing a 17 per cent increase on the same point in 2024.

    The Daily Mail exclusively revealed plans had been drawn up to send small boat migrants to six military bases around the country as ministers come under growing pressure to close asylum hotels.

    A list of sites from Surrey to Cumbria – all of which could be brought into use within weeks – has been compiled by the Ministry of Defence, the Mail on Sunday can disclose.

    The plan would see migrants accommodated on Army training camps where facilities have recently been upgraded, but which are not currently being used by the military.

    The bases include two sites in Norfolk, West Tofts and Wretham; Knook Camp in Wiltshire; Brunswick Camp in Surrey; Warcop in Cumbria; and Castlemartin in Pembrokeshire.

    All the sites have been upgraded since 2020 and would be able to accept migrants immediately, defence sources have confirmed.

    A Home Office spokesman said: ‘The government is furious about the number of illegal migrants in this country and in hotels.

    ‘That is why we will close every single asylum hotel – saving the taxpayer billions of pounds.

    ‘We have already taken action – closing hotels, slashing asylum costs by nearly a billion pounds and exploring the use of military bases and disused properties.’

    The MoD was approached by the Daily Mail for comment regarding the matter.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Migrant helpline advising on issues including how to fix kettles is part of £120million call centre funded by the taxpayer



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleShocking details emerge of how Hearts buried Kotoko players’ names in dead bodies
    Next Article Dwumfour commends government peace efforts
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Police lock down Elizabeth City Centre in Adelaide after violent Black Friday stabbing

    November 29, 2025

    POLL OF THE DAY: Should Rachel Reeves resign after ‘lying’ to the nation in the run-up to her Benefits Street Budget?

    November 29, 2025

    ‘Worse than Meat Loaf’: AFLW grand final entertainment compared to a garage party in North Fitzroy

    November 29, 2025
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202452 Views

    A Plus questions the hypocrisy of NPP members who remained silent about corruption for 8 years, only to speak out after losing power.

    December 26, 202449 Views

    Miracle of ‘the 33’ that gripped the world: How dozens somehow survived 69 days of hell trapped 2,300ft down in Chilean gold mine… and the bizarre love-triangle that raged on the surface

    October 11, 202545 Views

    Urgent search continues for Paul Barning after he was attacked by shark during fishing competition

    February 23, 202542 Views
    Don't Miss
    International November 29, 2025

    Police lock down Elizabeth City Centre in Adelaide after violent Black Friday stabbing

    CONFRONTING CONTENT WARNING By MAISY RAE Published: 00:17 EST, 28 November 2025 | Updated: 07:57 EST,…

    Eto’o secures second term as FECAFOOT President

    Don’t rubbish my efforts, respect my name

    ITA Airways clarifies details of report on cancelled flights

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Police lock down Elizabeth City Centre in Adelaide after violent Black Friday stabbing

    Eto’o secures second term as FECAFOOT President

    Don’t rubbish my efforts, respect my name

    Most Popular

    Whereas Black Stars had been shedding to Sudan, Kurt Okraku was promoting gamers in Germany

    October 17, 20240 Views

    Afrobeat-Pop Fusion Artist TEENO Drops New Single “Nolow”

    October 17, 20240 Views

    The $500 billion magnificence trade’s ‘inexperienced’ ambitions are a patchwork at finest. They usually’re falling quick

    October 17, 20240 Views
    © 2025 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.