Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Chiefs heiress Gracie Hunt makes major reveal about lavish wedding after engagement to ex-quarterback’s son

    Sex dolls, wasps and a KFC bucket: Real estate agents reveal the weirdest things they’ve seen on the job

    Bill Belichick blasts ‘deceptive’ CBS over infamous interview with Jordon Hudson as he demands full transcript be released

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home
    International

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMay 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    A Sydney man has been charged with murdering his partner and two children in an alleged domestic violence attack police have described as among the most brutal they have seen.

    Md Shomon Ahamed, 47, was arrested at the family’s Campbelltown property in south-western Sydney on Monday night after contacting Triple Zero, where officers allegedly found the bodies of a woman, 46, and two boys, aged 12 and four, inside the home.

    They were allegedly found with lacerations and other significant injuries.

    Shomon Ahamed was charged with three counts of domestic violence murder after cooperating with police during an overnight interview and was later refused bail.

    He was not previously known to police, did not have a criminal history, and there was no indication of mental health issues.

    Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney said the alleged crime was ‘particularly violent’ in nature and that ‘the deceased and the two children were related’ to Shomon-Ahamed.

    ‘I can’t give you specific information regards to how they passed, what I can tell you is all three persons sustained significant injuries and it was a particularly violent crime scene,’ he told reporters on Monday night.

    He said the bodies were located in various parts of the premises.

    Man is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found in Campbelltown home

    Police allegedly discovered the bodies of a woman, 46, and two boys, aged 12 and four, inside a family home 

    Md Shomon Ahamed, 47, was arrested at the property after allegedly contacting Triple Zero, before later being charged with three counts of domestic violence murder and refused bail

    Md Shomon Ahamed, 47, was arrested at the property after allegedly contacting Triple Zero, before later being charged with three counts of domestic violence murder and refused bail 

    Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney described the alleged murders as 'particularly violent' in nature

    Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney described the alleged murders as ‘particularly violent’ in nature

    Detectives located several items inside the home ‘which would be of interest in regard to the injuries sustained’, Moroney said.

    No firearms were found inside the property.

    Shomon Ahamed did not appear in person or on screen when his matter was mentioned briefly in Campbelltown Local Court.

    He did not apply for bail and the case was adjourned until July 15.

    The alleged murders have left residents in the usually quiet neighbourhood reeling as they try to come to terms with the tragedy that unfolded on their street. 

    Amanda Wasillewski, who lives three doors down from the family, said she had only met them once.

    ‘It was a chance meeting – our peacock flew into their yard, so I had to go over and catch her and I met the father and the two children.

    ‘He was quite polite, a bit withdrawn, a bit socially awkward.’

    A shocked neighbour said she was devastated by the tragedy and could not believe something so horrific had happened

    A shocked neighbour said she was devastated by the tragedy and could not believe something so horrific had happened 

    She left roses outside the home where the family was allegedly killed

    She left roses outside the home where the family was allegedly killed 

    Amanda Wasillewski, who lives three doors down from the family, said she had only met them once and that the father was 'socially awkward'

    Amanda Wasillewski, who lives three doors down from the family, said she had only met them once and that the father was ‘socially awkward’ 

    She said locals often referred to the neighbourhood as ‘the retirement village’ because of how quiet it usually was.

    ‘We didn’t hear anything – not even a peep, because normally we would be alerted if we heard a scream or anything. 

    ‘We would have gone to investigate to see if someone needed assistance, but there was absolutely nothing.’

    Another shocked neighbour told the Daily Mail the family was ‘pretty quiet’ and mostly kept to themselves, adding he never saw the children playing in the street.

    ‘I heard the ambulances but just thought somebody had a heart attack or something,’ he said.

    Another neighbour laid roses outside the home in tribute to the victims.

    ‘This is just terrible to wake up to find out this happened on my mother’s street, I can’t believe it.

    ‘I’m feeling for these children, their friends, they’ve gotta go to school and find out their little mates aren’t coming to school today – it just breaks my heart.’

    Shocked neighbours said the family mostly kept to themselves, with one resident telling Daily Mail he initially believed the arriving ambulance crews had been responding to a medical emergency

    A neighbour looks on in shock as her ordinary street is transformed into a crime scene

    A neighbour looks on in shock as her ordinary street is transformed into a crime scene 

    Footage from Monday night showed the street flooded with police vehicles as homicide investigators cordoned off a large area around a two-storey home.

    No one else is believed to have been inside the home at the time of the alleged attack.

    The horrific discovery was made only hours after police announced hundreds of arrests in a statewide operation targeting repeat domestic violence offenders.

    ‘This today appears to be not something that we had on our radar in terms of being known to police, but I can reassure the public that domestic violence is a number one priority for the NSW Police, and we will continue to prioritise DV offenders,’ Moroney said.

    DO YOU KNOW MORE? Email tips@dailymail.com.au 



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticlePep Guardiola breaks cover after bombshell news Man City manager will LEAVE the club at end of the season
    Next Article Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic is on the brink of playing in the French Open just weeks after becoming a dad
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Sex dolls, wasps and a KFC bucket: Real estate agents reveal the weirdest things they’ve seen on the job

    May 19, 2026

    Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children

    May 19, 2026

    Spencer Pratt ramps up security ‘to keep his family safe’ after receiving ‘credible’ death threats amid heated LA Mayor’s race

    May 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 19, 2026

    Chiefs heiress Gracie Hunt makes major reveal about lavish wedding after engagement to ex-quarterback’s son

    By JAKE FENNER, US SPORTS WRITER Published: 21:35 EDT, 18 May 2026 | Updated: 23:08…

    Sex dolls, wasps and a KFC bucket: Real estate agents reveal the weirdest things they’ve seen on the job

    Bill Belichick blasts ‘deceptive’ CBS over infamous interview with Jordon Hudson as he demands full transcript be released

    Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Chiefs heiress Gracie Hunt makes major reveal about lavish wedding after engagement to ex-quarterback’s son

    Sex dolls, wasps and a KFC bucket: Real estate agents reveal the weirdest things they’ve seen on the job

    Bill Belichick blasts ‘deceptive’ CBS over infamous interview with Jordon Hudson as he demands full transcript be released

    Most Popular

    Lyrical Joe Drops New Single “Julie” Featuring BeezTrap KOTM – A Perfect Blend of Trap Music and Rap Music

    November 15, 20240 Views

    The North Pole is moving towards Russia: Experts are baffled by meandering magnetic north that could play havoc with your smartphone

    November 16, 20240 Views

    Urgent health warning is issued over fears Aussies have been exposed to measles in Sydney

    November 16, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.