Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Efya ties the knot with Nigerian singer Tomi Thomas

    Bekwai MP opposes creation of 24-Hour Economy Secretariat

    FBI refuses to share Alex Pretti evidence with Minnesota prosecutors investigating DHS killing of Minneapolis nurse

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Major update in case of young boy, 11, who died from a horrific snakebite after his father sent him to bed because he thought he had been drinking
    International

    Major update in case of young boy, 11, who died from a horrific snakebite after his father sent him to bed because he thought he had been drinking

    Papa LincBy Papa LincOctober 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Major update in case of young boy, 11, who died from a horrific snakebite after his father sent him to bed because he thought he had been drinking
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ANTOINETTE MILIENOS, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA

    Published: 22:07 EDT, 19 October 2025 | Updated: 22:07 EDT, 19 October 2025

    An 11-year-old boy who died from a snakebite on a rural property could have been saved, a coroner has found. 

    Tristian James Frahm was found face down in the yard of his family’s property near Murgon, about 660km north-west of Brisbane, on November 21, 2021. 

    The 11-year-old began showing general symptoms of a snake bite the previous day when he was found in the paddock after falling off a ride-on mower. 

    Tristian complained of having ‘pain in the belly’ but his father, Kerrod Frahm, believed his son had ‘snuck’ three cans of bourbon from the esky, which made him feel ill. 

    Police initially charged Mr Frahm with manslaughter for failing to uphold his duty of care to his son. 

    However, the Director of Public Prosecutions dropped the charge in April 2024. 

    A coronial inquest into Tristian’s death was launched earlier this year at Toowoomba Coroners Court. 

    The court heard Mr Frahm had checked his son for snakebites, but there were no obvious signs the Tristian had been bitten. 

    Major update in case of young boy, 11, who died from a horrific snakebite after his father sent him to bed because he thought he had been drinking

    Tristian James Frahm, 11, was found face down in the paddock of his family’s property in Murgon on November 21, 2022

    Despite displaying symptoms of ‘significant pain’ and vomiting over several hours, Mr Frahm advised his son to lie down and ‘sleep it off’.  

    Forensic pathologist Dr Christopher Day, who performed Tristian’s autopsy, told the court there were no signs of alcohol in his blood.

    In handing down her findings, Coroner Ainslie Kirkegaard ruled Tristian had died from a rare complication of brown snake venom. 

    Ms Kirkegaard explained the major haemorrhage which killed Tristian happens in only three per cent of people exposed to brown snake venom. 

    She added Tristian did not receive proper medical care while in the care of his dad and claimed the boy’s death was ‘potentially’ preventable if he was given early medical attention. 

    In her findings, Ms Kirkegaard stressed Australians must take even the slightest possibility of a snakebite very seriously. 

    She said that even in the absence of bite marks or symptoms, people should immediately call emergency services, apply a pressure bandage and keep the person still. 

    Cairns Hospital emergency physician and toxicologist Mark Little told the inquest public knowledge about the correct first aid response to snakebites needed to improve.

    Tristian complained of having 'pain in the belly' but his father, Kerrod Frahm (centre), believed his son had 'snuck' three cans of bourbon from the esky, which made him feel ill

    Tristian complained of having ‘pain in the belly’ but his father, Kerrod Frahm (centre), believed his son had ‘snuck’ three cans of bourbon from the esky, which made him feel ill

    Dr Little cited a study, conducted in Darwin, which found only 20 per cent of people bitten by a snake had received appropriate first aid prior to hospital treatment. 

    Ms Kirkegaard said it was understandable that the adults had dismissed the idea of Tristian being bitten by a snake due to the non-specific nature of his early symptoms. 

    She added that it was only with hindsight that the actions and inactions of the adults present during Tristian’s symptoms could be considered insufficient. 

    It was because of this, the coroner did not make any referrals to the Director of Public Prosecutions regarding Tristian’s death.  

    Share or comment on this article:
    Major update in case of young boy, 11, who died from a horrific snakebite after his father sent him to bed because he thought he had been drinking



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleHearts maintain unbeaten run; Dreams FC, Aduana and Swedru All Blacks earn crucial wins
    Next Article United Party’s survival hinges on NPP’s disintegration – Dr Ateku
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    FBI refuses to share Alex Pretti evidence with Minnesota prosecutors investigating DHS killing of Minneapolis nurse

    February 17, 2026

    Humiliated Starmer is FORCED to face the wrath of voters: In 14th major U-turn of his torrid time in office, PM has to abandon plans to cancel local elections for millions… so will YOU get to vote on his performance on May 7?

    February 16, 2026

    Harrowing moment high school hockey players flee for their lives during game in Pawtucket as gunman opens fire and kills 2 spectators

    February 16, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202553 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 17, 2026

    Efya ties the knot with Nigerian singer Tomi Thomas

    Ghanaian singer Efya has tied the knot with Nigerian musician Tomi Thomas While lovers were…

    Bekwai MP opposes creation of 24-Hour Economy Secretariat

    FBI refuses to share Alex Pretti evidence with Minnesota prosecutors investigating DHS killing of Minneapolis nurse

    UCL: Wounded kings Real will be dangerous

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Efya ties the knot with Nigerian singer Tomi Thomas

    Bekwai MP opposes creation of 24-Hour Economy Secretariat

    FBI refuses to share Alex Pretti evidence with Minnesota prosecutors investigating DHS killing of Minneapolis nurse

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Emma Heming Willis shares family photos as daughter Mabel turns 11

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.