Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Aussie Olympics legend Neil Brooks has $2million fraud charges dropped after legal battle that lasted almost 10 years

    So much for the ‘jet fuel crisis’… there’s never been a better time to grab a holiday bargain – with some almost 50% CHEAPER than last year

    Footy star Jai Arrow is forced to retire aged 30 after being diagnosed with deadly and incurable motor neurone disease

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Libya will be punished if found guilty of maltreating Nigerian team players – CAF President
    Sports

    Libya will be punished if found guilty of maltreating Nigerian team players – CAF President

    Papa LincBy Papa LincOctober 22, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Libya will be punished if found guilty of maltreating Nigerian team players – CAF President
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    CAF President, Patrice Motsepe CAF President, Patrice Motsepe

    The President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has stated that a probe is ongoing to ascertain the facts concerning the issue between Libya and the Nigerian national team over travelling matters.

    He indicated that the CAF disciplinary committee will deal with the Libyan Football Federation (LFF) if they are found guilty of intentionally neglecting the Nigerian players, leaving them stranded at the airport for hours.

    Speaking at the 46th CAF Ordinary Assembly in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Dr. Motsepe assured the public of a fair hearing into the case.

    “When there was this problem with the Nigerian national team in Libya, and I will not comment on that because there’s a proper investigation. But I want to emphasise a principle that we will not tolerate it.

    “This is something that has been going on for quite some time. Let me emphasise that the Nigeria and Libya situation is being properly investigated and appropriate action will be taken,” he said.

    Background:

    The Super Eagles of Nigeria were stranded at Al-Abaq Airport ahead of their return encounter in the 2025 African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Libya.

    As per reports, the team’s chartered flight was headed towards the city of Benghazi before it was rerouted to a different location mid-air.

    The Super Eagles team and officials departed for the North African state in the early hours of Sunday, October 13.

    The Nigerian Football Federation has since announced that the Super Eagles will not honour the match.

    The Libyan Football Federation denied reports of maltreating the players and added that the incident happened due to security reasons.

    Watch the video below:

    Libya and Nigeria’s cancelled AFCON game is being investigated by CAF.

    CAF President, Patrice Motsepe says proper action will be taken if the Libyan Football Federation is found guilty of maltreating the Nigerian team. pic.twitter.com/y5T107dLqR

    — Africa Facts Zone (@AfricaFactsZone) October 22, 2024

    Watch the latest edition of Weekend Sports Recap below:

    Watch the moment Speaker Bagbin suspended Parliament indefinitely:

    SB/ ADG





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticlePeople who conduct DNA test on thier kids are mentally unwell – Counsello Lutterodt
    Next Article College pulls sneaky trick in bid to deter student from investigating them
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Aussie Olympics legend Neil Brooks has $2million fraud charges dropped after legal battle that lasted almost 10 years

    May 20, 2026

    Footy star Jai Arrow is forced to retire aged 30 after being diagnosed with deadly and incurable motor neurone disease

    May 20, 2026

    See the dramatic moment footy fans tackle would-be thief in front of AFL stars after he struck at Collingwood training session

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 20, 2026

    Aussie Olympics legend Neil Brooks has $2million fraud charges dropped after legal battle that lasted almost 10 years

    By ROBYN WUTH FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS AND BRITTANY CHAIN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA Published:…

    So much for the ‘jet fuel crisis’… there’s never been a better time to grab a holiday bargain – with some almost 50% CHEAPER than last year

    Footy star Jai Arrow is forced to retire aged 30 after being diagnosed with deadly and incurable motor neurone disease

    Bondi hero Ahmed Al Ahmed’s brothers face court after they allegedly demanded $200,000 from him

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Aussie Olympics legend Neil Brooks has $2million fraud charges dropped after legal battle that lasted almost 10 years

    So much for the ‘jet fuel crisis’… there’s never been a better time to grab a holiday bargain – with some almost 50% CHEAPER than last year

    Footy star Jai Arrow is forced to retire aged 30 after being diagnosed with deadly and incurable motor neurone disease

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.