Kessben Media has cleared popular presenter DJ KA to return to the airwaves following weeks of controversy surrounding the circulation of an intimate video involving the broadcaster.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, August 19, 2026, the management of the media organisation said it had carefully reviewed the circumstances surrounding the incident and decided against terminating or suspending the presenter.

Instead, DJ KA, whose real name is Rexford Adu Ntim, will return to his on-air duties under direct management supervision while undergoing counselling and rehabilitation.

The decision brings a new phase to a controversy that has kept the Kessben FM presenter in the public eye since a private video involving him surfaced online in July.

The video began circulating widely on social media on July 21, 2026, quickly turning DJ KA into the subject of intense public discussion.

The presenter, who is known for his work at Kessben FM and his strong presence on social media, initially faced questions over the circumstances under which the private footage became public.

DJ KA later addressed the controversy, explaining that the video was not recent and had been recorded several years earlier. He also indicated that he had been subjected to blackmail over the footage.

He subsequently issued a public apology to his family, friends, fans, colleagues, employer and the wider public, describing the decision to record the private moment as a mistake and an error in judgment.

The controversy became more complicated as different versions of the footage and claims about the identity of the woman involved circulated online. Some of those claims remained unverified, while the circulation itself generated significant discussion and criticism.

READ ALSO: Shatta Wale Explains Why Stonebwoy Was Right To Cover Parts Of Wembley Venue

Kessben Media initially took DJ KA off air and announced an internal investigation into the circumstances surrounding the video. The company also indicated that counselling, rehabilitation and legal assistance would form part of its response to the situation.

That earlier decision effectively placed the broadcaster’s future at the station under review.

Weeks after the controversy erupted, Kessben Media has now made its position clear.

Management said it considers the incident “an unfortunate, avoidable mistake from the broadcaster’s past that lacked proper discretion.”

However, the company said its assessment went beyond the existence of the video itself.

It said it considered “the timeline, the ages and relationship of the individuals at the time, and the broadcaster’s explicit efforts toward redemption” before reaching its decision.

Based on that assessment, management concluded that dismissal or another suspension would not be appropriate.

“Instead, the station will provide a structured pathway for return to duty and rehabilitation,” the statement said.

DJ KA is therefore expected to resume his presentation responsibilities under the watch of management. His return, however, will come with conditions intended to address both his professional conduct and the wider fallout from the controversy.

Under the new arrangement, DJ KA will be placed under direct management supervision when he returns to air.

He will also undergo mandatory counselling as part of a station-supported rehabilitation and professional counselling programme.

Management has further placed him under a bond of good behaviour, requiring him to maintain good conduct throughout his employment with the company.

The station has also addressed the interests of the woman involved in the leaked footage.

According to management, it is “actively reaching out to the female partner involved to offer comprehensive professional assistance and support to aid her re-establishment in society.”

That aspect of the decision is significant because the consequences of the leak have extended beyond DJ KA, with the circulation of intimate material potentially affecting the privacy, reputation and personal life of everyone captured in such video.

While the company has chosen rehabilitation for its presenter, it has taken a tougher position on the alleged distribution and extortion surrounding the video.

Management has called on the Police to intensify efforts to identify and prosecute those suspected of distributing the footage and engaging in extortion.

It said it “strongly entreats the Police to intensify their search for the suspected distributor and extortionists to ensure they are brought to justice.”

The position draws an important distinction between the private conduct that led to the recording and the subsequent unauthorised circulation of the material.

The incident therefore appears to have become both a disciplinary matter for Kessben Media involving its employee and a potential cybercrime matter involving those responsible for distributing or allegedly attempting to profit from the footage.

The decision means DJ KA will not simply return to his old routine without conditions.

His return will be closely monitored, with counselling and a behavioural bond forming part of the arrangement. That gives management an opportunity to balance accountability with the possibility of professional rehabilitation.

The broadcaster’s challenge now is to rebuild trust with listeners while demonstrating that the lessons from the controversy have been taken seriously.

Kessben Media ended its statement by thanking its listeners, employees and partners for standing by the company during what it described as a difficult period.

“Management extends its profound gratitude to all listeners, workers, and partners who stood by the brand through prayers, messages of encouragement, and professional support during this challenging period.”

The company added that it remains committed to maintaining high ethical standards while meeting its corporate social responsibilities.

Read the statement below.



Source link

Share.
Exit mobile version