Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    20 American students in Ghana for 10-day educational and cultural expedition

    Watch how Black Stars survived brutal Dr Congo onslaught to reach 1996 AFCON semis

    ‘We’re no Jew hunters!’: Activists say they weren’t intimidating people who refuse to join Israel boycott and were just handing out leaflets instead

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Entertainment»‘I left my phone to my cousins, after my congratulatory post’
    Entertainment

    ‘I left my phone to my cousins, after my congratulatory post’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 11, 2024No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    ‘I left my phone to my cousins, after my congratulatory post’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Ghanaian actor Prince David Osei Ghanaian actor Prince David Osei

    Controversial Ghanaian actor Prince David Osei has narrated what transpired on social media after the NPP lost in the just-ended 2024 election.

    In an interview on Hitz FM on December 11, 2024, Prince David noted that after his congratulatory post to the President-elect, John Mahama, he gave his phone to his cousin.

    He insisted that it was his cousins who responded to the heavy backlash on social media.

    “After the elections, we were all pained and depressed because we were all surprised by the outcome. But I came out to congratulate the NDC and the president-elect. I even posted him. Then I started to get a lot of attacks on Twitter so I even left the phone.

    “Normally when they start to bully me, I just leave the phone to my cousins and close friends. So I woke up and saw on the news that I had insulted the president-elect. So I went to my Twitter feed and saw nothing. So I asked my cousins if they were the one, and they said people were annoying them so they had to reply.

    “But I asked them who insulted the president and they said they were not the one… Normally when they start bullying I don’t reply to those messages. My cousins and my friends were the ones responding to the messages because they were tired of the bully. But I have asked them and they said they didn’t do it. But I am sure they deleted it afterward,” he said.

    Prince David Osei added that he had been receiving death threatening messages after the incident happened on social media.

    “People were constantly calling my phone and when I pick they will threaten me that they will kill me, and I will go to jail,” he added.

    What happened

    It could be recalled that following Mahama’s victory in the 2024 presidential election, Osei, in a now-deleted post intended to congratulate the president-elect, stated that he himself would be president one day.

    This post, however, was met with insults from some users who lambasted him for his comment.

    An infuriated Osei, in response to one comment, labelled the commenter a “fool” and questioned why he couldn’t aspire to be president, suggesting even a “drunkard” had been elected.

    The remarks were widely interpreted as an insult to Mahama, fuelling anger among Ghanaians, particularly NDC supporters.

    Watch as Ghanaians share their emotions on John Mahama’s presidential win

    JHM/EB



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleGhana’s first female vice president-elect is celebrated by Akufo-Addo.
    Next Article Tell Them, We Are Coming 2! Amos K returns with a gritty EP
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    20 American students in Ghana for 10-day educational and cultural expedition

    February 21, 2026

    MUSIGA addresses GH¢500 funeral contribution to Yaw Sarpong’s family

    February 21, 2026

    I get mad when people compare me to Medikal

    February 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 21, 2026

    20 American students in Ghana for 10-day educational and cultural expedition

    Dr Naomi Johnson Booker is Co-founder of the Global Leadership Academy A group of around…

    Watch how Black Stars survived brutal Dr Congo onslaught to reach 1996 AFCON semis

    ‘We’re no Jew hunters!’: Activists say they weren’t intimidating people who refuse to join Israel boycott and were just handing out leaflets instead

    Medeama’s Salim Adams wins NASCO player of the month award

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    20 American students in Ghana for 10-day educational and cultural expedition

    Watch how Black Stars survived brutal Dr Congo onslaught to reach 1996 AFCON semis

    ‘We’re no Jew hunters!’: Activists say they weren’t intimidating people who refuse to join Israel boycott and were just handing out leaflets instead

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.