Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Ghana cycle tourist embarks on mission to promote domestic tourism and national unity

    Cybersecurity advocate Noah Darko-Adjei honored with doctorate degree

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Hunt for missing British man launched by police after his van was found abandoned in Spain’s Costa Brava
    International

    Hunt for missing British man launched by police after his van was found abandoned in Spain’s Costa Brava

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMay 26, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Hunt for missing British man launched by police after his van was found abandoned in Spain’s Costa Brava
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By NOOR QURASHI and NATALIA PENZA

    Published: 01:56 EDT, 26 May 2025 | Updated: 02:00 EDT, 26 May 2025

    Spanish police are hunting a British man after his van was found abandoned at a viewpoint off the Mediterranean coast.

    The 24-year-old was named locally last night as Matthew Chapman from Manchester, almost a month on from his family reporting him missing on April 30.

    Earlier this week police launched a two-day search near the popular resort of Tossa de Mar involving a helicopter and drones before calling it off late on Thursday.

    Mr Chapman had travelled to France on May 1 on the Eurotunnel and spent time in Portugal and Spain before his mobile phone signal petered out around 60 miles north of Barcelona.

    A spokesman for the Mossos d’Esquadra regional police force confirmed a two-day search for the missing Brit was undertaken.

    She added: ‘It was a land, sea and air search which took place on Wednesday and Thursday.

    ‘The investigation into the missing man’s whereabouts is continuing.’

    Officers are said to be keeping an open mind on what could have happened to Mr Chapman who according to Spanish reports had economic problems and was struggling to keep his car valet firm afloat.

    Hunt for missing British man launched by police after his van was found abandoned in Spain’s Costa Brava

    Earlier this week police launched a two-day search near the popular resort of Tossa de Mar (pictured) involving a helicopter and drones before calling it off late on Thursday

    A spokesman for the Mossos d'Esquadra regional police force confirmed a two-day search for the missing Brit was undertaken. Pictured: Officers of the Catalan regional police force (file image)

    A spokesman for the Mossos d’Esquadra regional police force confirmed a two-day search for the missing Brit was undertaken. Pictured: Officers of the Catalan regional police force (file image)

    It not clear what Catalan police are now doing as part of their investigation.

    The Mossos d’Esquadra force also led the probe into rugby player and X Factor star Levi Davis’ disappearance in Barcelona.

    The last confirmed sighting of Mr Davis was of him leaving an Irish pub in the Catalan capital on the night of October 29 2022 after taking a boat from Ibiza with just £35 in his pocket and no change of clothes.

    The port search and another in the Llobregat Delta, one of Catalonia’s most important wetland zones near Barcelona where police said at the time sea currents could have taken his body or items of clothing, failed to yield any clues.

    They were organised after four members of cruise liner MSC Bellissima, which docked in Barcelona around eight hours after the pub CCTV sighting, said they had seen a man in the sea wearing the same light-coloured top as Levi and shouting for help in English.

    A lifebuoy was thrown to him and coastguards in Barcelona mobilised their helicopter called Helimer 203 and a vessel called Salvamar Mintaka.

    A boat operated by firefighters was also sent to the scene along with police and Red Cross vessels but they were stood down after it was confirmed no-one was missing from the cruise liner and police confirmed no-one had been reported missing in port waters or in the sea off Barcelona.

    A British tourist went missing at Alicante airport at the end of March after a stag do in Benidorm before being found.

    Jason Taylor went missing without his phone from the Alicante airport on Saturday

    Jason Taylor went missing without his phone from the Alicante airport on Saturday

    Jason Taylor, 36, vanished as he waited for a flight back to Birmingham, sparking a police manhunt which had a happy ending nearly four days later on April 1 when he was spotted walking along a nearby beach.

    Police sources said after he was found that the fact he didn’t have his mobile phone on him had caused him extra complications.

    Tossa de Mar is about 60 miles north of Barcelona and the same distance south of the French border.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Hunt for missing British man launched by police after his van was found abandoned in Spain’s Costa Brava



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleFooty star learns his fate after being accused of sexually touching a child
    Next Article Akufo-Addo is not as popular as before but posterity will be kind to him – Bawumia
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    November 30, 2025

    Major update after a young father was allegedly shot dead in broad daylight in Blacktown

    November 30, 2025

    Three-bedroom London mews house swallowed by hedge is listed for nearly £1MILLION… (but wait until you see inside!)

    November 30, 2025
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202452 Views

    A Plus questions the hypocrisy of NPP members who remained silent about corruption for 8 years, only to speak out after losing power.

    December 26, 202449 Views

    Miracle of ‘the 33’ that gripped the world: How dozens somehow survived 69 days of hell trapped 2,300ft down in Chilean gold mine… and the bizarre love-triangle that raged on the surface

    October 11, 202545 Views

    Urgent search continues for Paul Barning after he was attacked by shark during fishing competition

    February 23, 202543 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment November 30, 2025

    Ghana cycle tourist embarks on mission to promote domestic tourism and national unity

    Abdul Sadat Habib, a passionate Ghanaian cyclist and tourism advocate, has successfully toured three regions…

    Cybersecurity advocate Noah Darko-Adjei honored with doctorate degree

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    2025/26 Ghana Premier League: Week 12 Match Report

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Ghana cycle tourist embarks on mission to promote domestic tourism and national unity

    Cybersecurity advocate Noah Darko-Adjei honored with doctorate degree

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    Most Popular

    Whereas Black Stars had been shedding to Sudan, Kurt Okraku was promoting gamers in Germany

    October 17, 20240 Views

    Afrobeat-Pop Fusion Artist TEENO Drops New Single “Nolow”

    October 17, 20240 Views

    The $500 billion magnificence trade’s ‘inexperienced’ ambitions are a patchwork at finest. They usually’re falling quick

    October 17, 20240 Views
    © 2025 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.