Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Jenny Gilruth’s clanger on day one as she says Scotland’s £7bn benefits bill is ‘not too high’

    Prince-Osei Owusu earns MLS All-Star game nomination

    School principal sobs as charges are sensationally dropped over six-year-old boy who shot teacher

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Huge call on fatal pub crash driver William Swale after wealthy tycoon had his charges dropped over crash that killed five and injured six
    International

    Huge call on fatal pub crash driver William Swale after wealthy tycoon had his charges dropped over crash that killed five and injured six

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 1, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Huge call on fatal pub crash driver William Swale after wealthy tycoon had his charges dropped over crash that killed five and injured six
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By Liam Beatty For Nca Newswire

    Published: 22:59 EDT, 31 October 2024 | Updated: 01:45 EDT, 1 November 2024

    Victorian prosecutors have ruled out directly indicting William Swale after charges over a horror fatal pub crash were thrown out of court.

    The 66-year-old was charged with driving offences after his BMW SUV ploughed through a beer garden outside The Royal Daylesford Hotel on November 5, 2023. 

    Five people were killed in the crash and six others were injured.

    A type-1 diabetic for three decades, Mr Swale was found in a state of severe hypoglycemia after the crash.

    Mr Swale successfully fought to have the charges dismissed during a committal hearing in the Ballarat Magistrates’ Court in September, where a magistrate ruled the evidence was ‘so weak’ that no reasonable jury could convict.

    After the decision, Victoria’s Office of Public Prosecutions said they would review the case and consider whether it should nonetheless proceed to trial.

    Under the criminal procedure act, prosecutors have powers to file charges directly in a superior court if a magistrate dismisses a case in what’s known as a direct indictment.

    On Friday, the Office of Public Prosecutions published a statement announcing that a direct indictment will not be filed.

    Huge call on fatal pub crash driver William Swale after wealthy tycoon had his charges dropped over crash that killed five and injured six

    The 66-year-old was charged with driving offences after his BMW SUV ploughed through a beer garden outside The Royal Daylesford Hotel on November 5 last year.

    Vivek Bhatia and his eldest son were killed in the crash. His wife Ruchi Bhatia and his youngest son were injured but survived (the Bhatia family are pictured)

    Vivek Bhatia and his eldest son were killed in the crash. His wife Ruchi Bhatia and his youngest son were injured but survived (the Bhatia family are pictured)

    Five people were killed in the crash and six others were injured (pictured, police at the scene)

    Five people were killed in the crash and six others were injured (pictured, police at the scene)

    ‘The experts’ evidence on this point effectively deprived the Crown case of reasonable prospects of success,’ the statement read.

    ‘This decision has been conveyed and explained to the victims and victims’ families.

    ‘We understand that this is not the outcome they were hoping for and acknowledge that they have been profoundly affected by this event. 

    ‘We extend our sympathies to all who have been impacted by this terrible incident.’

    Share or comment on this article:
    Huge call on fatal pub crash driver William Swale after wealthy tycoon had his charges dropped over crash that killed five and injured six



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleOver 100 exhibitors to attend ‘Power, Energy Ghana Expo 2024’ Nov 6-8
    Next Article Not even the President and his Vice can disobey our orders – SC
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Jenny Gilruth’s clanger on day one as she says Scotland’s £7bn benefits bill is ‘not too high’

    May 21, 2026

    School principal sobs as charges are sensationally dropped over six-year-old boy who shot teacher

    May 21, 2026

    Jill Biden’s shadow role in Kamala Harris’s doomed campaign exposed in bombshell leaked DNC dossier on 2024 loss

    May 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025140 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026120 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025103 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202672 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 21, 2026

    Jenny Gilruth’s clanger on day one as she says Scotland’s £7bn benefits bill is ‘not too high’

    John Swinney’s new finance secretary has been branded ‘out of her depth’ on day one…

    Prince-Osei Owusu earns MLS All-Star game nomination

    School principal sobs as charges are sensationally dropped over six-year-old boy who shot teacher

    Port City unveil JOMA as new kit sponsor ahead of GPL campaign

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Jenny Gilruth’s clanger on day one as she says Scotland’s £7bn benefits bill is ‘not too high’

    Prince-Osei Owusu earns MLS All-Star game nomination

    School principal sobs as charges are sensationally dropped over six-year-old boy who shot teacher

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Matt Gaetz says he’d be in prison if the sex ‘smears’ were true in first interview since withdrawing as AG pick

    November 22, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.