Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    Andy Burnham said that men who identify as women should be able to use female toilets – and only a ‘small minority’ object, he claimed

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»How musical concerts, funerals, other events destroyed the Bukom Boxing Arena
    News

    How musical concerts, funerals, other events destroyed the Bukom Boxing Arena

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 7, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    How musical concerts, funerals, other events destroyed the Bukom Boxing Arena
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Abraham Neequaye is the President of the Ghana Boxing Authority Abraham Neequaye is the President of the Ghana Boxing Authority

    President of the Ghana Boxing Authority (GBA), Abraham Neequaye, has disclosed that the use of the Bukom Boxing Arena for funerals, musical concerts, and other social events has led to the destruction of the facility.

    According to him, for the past eight years, the authorities in charge of the boxing arena have rented out the space for various events, including funerals, musical concerts, and sporting events, to raise revenue.

    However, despite charging a significant amount of money, the authorities failed to undertake renovations, leaving the facility in a terrible state.

    “Even if we pay GH¢40,000 to use the boxing arena, it’s too expensive. These people are only interested in making money. They’ve made money for the past eight years, but no one has spent a penny on renovating this building. We have an excellent swimming pool here, but you give it to Burna Boy for a musical concert, and they remove all the water and ride their motorbikes inside the pool.”

    “After they finish, all the rubber components are damaged. Since then, they haven’t been able to fix it. You wonder how much the musician paid to destroy an Olympic-standard swimming pool. Today, the entire place is in disarray, all because of greed. They hold funerals and other programs there,” he told GhOne TV.

    Neequaye further called on President John Dramani Mahama to renovate the Bukom Boxing Arena to improve the facility.

    “Now that the NDC is in power, I’m confident the president will take action. It’s good that corporate bodies are working with us, but the government should intervene,” he said.

    The Bukom Boxing Arena, commissioned by President John Dramani Mahama in November 2016, has a seating capacity of 4,000 and features a sports hall, aerobic center, Olympic-size swimming pool, and conference hall.

    Watch Neequaye’s remarks in the post below:

    Bukom Arena’s Sorry State…

    President of the Ghana Boxing Authority, Abraham Neequaye is advocating for a prompt restoration of the Bukom Boxing Arena facility, which has sadly been turned into a venue for events that do not benefit sportsmen…#GHOneNews #EIBNetwork#GHOneTV… pic.twitter.com/jFEaPLrUpK

    — GHOne TV (@ghonetv) February 6, 2025

    Watch the latest edition of Sports Debate below:

    SB/EK





    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article“Happy birthday to the LEGENDARY, Never a dull moment with you” – Veteran actress Patience Ozokwo celebrates colleague Nkem Owoh on his 70th birthday (IMAGES)
    Next Article ‘Annoh-Dompreh is not a wise MP’
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    May 20, 2026

    Andy Burnham said that men who identify as women should be able to use female toilets – and only a ‘small minority’ object, he claimed

    May 20, 2026

    So much for the ‘jet fuel crisis’… there’s never been a better time to grab a holiday bargain – with some almost 50% CHEAPER than last year

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 20, 2026

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    By ASHLEY NICKEL, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA Published: 02:36 EDT, 20 May 2026 | Updated: 03:03…

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    Andy Burnham said that men who identify as women should be able to use female toilets – and only a ‘small minority’ object, he claimed

    Aussie Olympics legend Neil Brooks has $2million fraud charges dropped after legal battle that lasted almost 10 years

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Peak hour chaos as car is flipped upside-down during nasty crash on the Harbour Bridge – sparking huge traffic pile-up

    Martin O’Neill is a Celtic legend whose words hold weight and opinion matters … His refusal to condemn the Celtic Park pitch invasion is a disgrace

    Andy Burnham said that men who identify as women should be able to use female toilets – and only a ‘small minority’ object, he claimed

    Most Popular

    Breakthrough in search for missing San Francisco man who vanished in 2017

    November 19, 20240 Views

    “And she’s among the girls shouting” – Female congregant publicly declares crúsh during an anonymous Q&A session in church (WATCH)

    November 19, 20240 Views

    Tsikata praised Mahama’s govt because he enjoyed contracts under that regime

    November 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.