Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Bisa Kdei sings in French on new song, ‘Mon Bebe’

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    Who is Austin Tucker Martin? The 21-year-old killed after entering Mar-a-Lago with a shotgun and gas can

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»Govt releases GH¢139m ‘X’mas’ LEAP for 350,580 households
    Politics

    Govt releases GH¢139m ‘X’mas’ LEAP for 350,580 households

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 22, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Govt releases GH¢139m ‘X’mas’ LEAP for 350,580 households
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    THE government has released GH¢139.33 million to support about 350,580 beneficiary households nationwide.

    This represents the 99th cycle of payments under the Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP) Programme.

    The nationwide disbursement, which begins today, will benefit an estimated 1.5 million Ghanaians, reinforcing the programme’s position as a central pillar of the country’s social protection framework.

    Addressing a press conference in Accra on Friday, the Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection (MOGCSP), Dr Agnes Naa Momo Lartey, said the timely release of funds demonstrated government’s renewed commitment to serving the extremely poor and vulnerable through responsive and reliable social interventions.

    She explained that under the bi-monthly grant structure, households with one eligible beneficiary would receive GH¢320, those with two eligible members GH¢380, three eligible members GH¢440, while households with four or more eligible members would receive GH¢530.

    According to the minister, the 99th cycle payment had been deliberately timed to coincide with the festive season, a period often characterised by heightened financial pressure on low-income households.

    “This intervention is intended to provide essential support to beneficiary households, enabling them to participate more meaningfully in the Christmas festivities and to approach the New Year with dignity and hope,” she indicated.

    Dr Lartey described LEAP as more than a cash transfer programme, noting that it represented government’s social contract with the most vulnerable citizens and its resolve to leave no one behind in national development.

    She disclosed that in line with the commitment of government, the Ministry of Finance had made a historic allocation of GH¢1.1 billion to the LEAP Programme, the highest since its inception.

    The minister also underlined that the unprecedented allocation underscored government’s determination to scale up support for the poor and vulnerable and acknowledged the advocacy role played by Members of Parliament and other stakeholders in securing the funding.

    Dr Lartey further announced that 2026 would mark a major expansion of the programme, with coverage expected to increase from the current levels to 400,000 households across the country.

    She said the expansion would extend life-changing support to thousands of additional households living in extreme poverty, but stressed that its success would depend on collaboration among stakeholders at all levels.

    The minister, therefore, appealed to traditional authorities, religious bodies, civil society organisations and relevant government agencies to support beneficiary identification and programme implementation to ensure fairness, transparency and impact.

    “As we disburse grants under the 99th cycle, we are doing more than transferring funds, we are sharing hope, upholding dignity and demonstrating the solidarity of the government with the people of Ghana,” Dr Lartey added.

    She reaffirmed the government’s commitment to protecting the poor, empowering the vulnerable and building a resilient and inclusive society.

    BY CECILIA YADA LAGBA


    🔗 Follow Ghanaian Times WhatsApp Channel today. https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q
    🌍 Trusted News. Real Stories. Anytime, Anywhere.
    ✅ Join our WhatsApp Channel now! https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleTottenham braced for approach from Fiorentina for sporting director Fabio Paratici
    Next Article New footage shows Bondi Beach survivors hiding just feet away from gunmen carrying out massacre – as police reveal photos allegedly showing pair training with guns weeks before
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Marseille appoint Beye – Ghanaian Times

    February 20, 2026

    Arsenal suffer title blow with late Wolves equaliser

    February 20, 2026

    Bodo/Glimt stun Inter in Champions League last 16

    February 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025122 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 22, 2026

    Bisa Kdei sings in French on new song, ‘Mon Bebe’

    Ghanaian highlife legend, Bisa Kdei Bisa Kdei has ventured into a new linguistic territory with…

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    Who is Austin Tucker Martin? The 21-year-old killed after entering Mar-a-Lago with a shotgun and gas can

    Hearts of Oak vs Berekum Chelsea

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Bisa Kdei sings in French on new song, ‘Mon Bebe’

    I begged him not to go” — Pregnant widow breaks down after husband is killed in Burkina Faso Attack

    Who is Austin Tucker Martin? The 21-year-old killed after entering Mar-a-Lago with a shotgun and gas can

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.