Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    How Ajax stands by players when it matters most

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor may have used taxpayer-funded planes and RAF bases to meet Jeffrey Epstein, Gordon Brown claims

    Fofana and Mejbri speak up after racial abuse

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Government on track to meet extractive sector promises
    News

    Government on track to meet extractive sector promises

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 9, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read3 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Government on track to meet extractive sector promises
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The Alliance said government is on track to achieve full delivery of its commitments within 4 years The Alliance said government is on track to achieve full delivery of its commitments within 4 years

    The Alliance of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) working on extractive governance, forestry, the environment, and anti-corruption has rated the government’s performance in fulfilling its extractive sector manifesto promises as satisfactory.

    The Alliance noted that at the current implementation rate of 25 percent per year, the government is on track to achieve full delivery of its commitments within four years.

    These findings were presented in the Alliance’s latest CSOs Assessment Scorecard on Government Performance, which covers mining, petroleum, climate/energy transition, forestry and environment, and anti-corruption.

    However, the Alliance urged the government to intensify efforts toward its anti-corruption commitments, warning that delays could hinder successful implementation and leave key promises unmet by 2028.

    Launching the scorecard in Accra on Tuesday, the Country Manager of the Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI), Patrick Stephenson, emphasised that the assessment was neither an indictment nor a political judgment.

    Rather, he described it as a tool intended to help the government meet the development expectations of citizens.

    He explained that the scorecard serves as “a call to strengthen governance systems that protect Ghana’s natural wealth,” adding that it promotes transparency and collaboration among government, civil society, and development partners.

    Stephenson urged the government to take the findings seriously, engage constructively in areas lagging behind, strengthen institutions, and ensure that evidence — not politics — guides decision-making.

    According to the report, the government exceeded the 25 percent benchmark in all thematic areas during its first year, except in anti-corruption, where it scored 23.04 percent.

    Presenting the detailed assessment, the Executive Director of the Centre for Extractive Development Africa (CEDA), Samuel Bekoe, noted that although progress had been made, several mining sector promises had yet to see concrete action.

    He cited, for instance, the commitment to categorise mining into small-, medium-, and large-scale operations, as well as the decentralisation of small-scale mining licensing — both of which were rated as having “no action” due to the lack of stakeholder engagement or formal policy steps.

    Bekoe said some commitments had been completed, including the establishment of the Gold Board, supported by legislation and budgetary allocations.

    He added that the creation of the National Mine Oversight System (NIMOS) and ongoing measures to curb illegal mining were rated as “in progress.”

    He advocated a decentralised approach to addressing illegal mining, stressing that district assemblies and chief executives must be held accountable for reducing the activity within their jurisdictions.

    Responding to the findings, the Media Relations Officer at the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, Derrick Schandorf Ayirebi-Acquah, said the Ministry welcomed the assessment but remained vigilant.

    He acknowledged that while progress had been recorded, improvements in water quality and the restoration of degraded lands would require time. Ayirebi-Acquah rated the government’s overall performance at 8.5 out of 10, citing both legislative reforms and operational interventions.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article“Men can be gold diggers too” – Lady says as she shares surprising Abuja encounter (VIDEO)
    Next Article SDK fires American tourist over kidnap allegations
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    How Ajax stands by players when it matters most

    February 22, 2026

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor may have used taxpayer-funded planes and RAF bases to meet Jeffrey Epstein, Gordon Brown claims

    February 22, 2026

    Afenyo-Markin criticizes government over alleged unfulfilled promises, slogan-driven governance

    February 22, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025122 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    News February 22, 2026

    How Ajax stands by players when it matters most

    Tijani Babangida (L) and Abdelhak Nouri (R) have greatly benefitted from the Ajax generosity For…

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor may have used taxpayer-funded planes and RAF bases to meet Jeffrey Epstein, Gordon Brown claims

    Fofana and Mejbri speak up after racial abuse

    Stop calling ladies in Russian man’s videos cheap!

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    How Ajax stands by players when it matters most

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor may have used taxpayer-funded planes and RAF bases to meet Jeffrey Epstein, Gordon Brown claims

    Fofana and Mejbri speak up after racial abuse

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.