Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Website offers advice on securing PIP handouts for just £50 as number of people claiming the disability benefit passes four million

    Eco SIM and sustainability, making mobile technology greener

    Iran signals readiness for ‘US ground operations’ as MoU expires | Donald Trump News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Five Sydney Swans players assisting police as detectives investigating alleged sexual assault ask for CCTV from Melbourne hotel
    Sports

    Five Sydney Swans players assisting police as detectives investigating alleged sexual assault ask for CCTV from Melbourne hotel

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Five Sydney Swans players assisting police as detectives investigating alleged sexual assault ask for CCTV from Melbourne hotel
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By ASHLEY NICKEL, NEWS REPORTER, AUSTRALIA and JOSH ALSTON, SPORTS REPORTER

    Published: 06:12 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 08:53 EDT, 17 August 2026

    Multiple Sydney Swans players who were interviewed by police following an alleged sexual assault at a hotel have been identified.

    Police swarmed the Pullman East Melbourne hotel on Monday morning, where players had been staying after Sunday night’s win over Essendon at the MCG.

    During the course of Monday officers spoke to Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, Riley Bice, James Jordon and a fifth unnamed player 7News reported.

    Daily Mail does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or involved in any wrongdoing, just that they spoke to police about the alleged incident.

    A report by the Herald Sun claimed witnesses saw two women approach hotel staff about 7am to request they be let into a guest room.

    One of the women was ‘hysterical’ as she described being ‘touched’ and overwhelmed by several men in one of the rooms.

    Witnesses claimed both women became ‘agitated’ when told by staff they couldn’t return to the room and confronted members of the team, including coach Dean Cox, in the foyer, who witnesses said looked stunned. 

    The ‘upset’ woman reportedly ran to a hotel toilet crying shortly before police were called.

    Five Sydney Swans players assisting police as detectives investigating alleged sexual assault ask for CCTV from Melbourne hotel

    Five Sydney Swans players were voluntarily interviewed by police following an alleged sexual assault at the Pullman East Melbourne hotel (pictured is Chad Warner)

    Police were called to the property after a 'hysterical' woman approached hotel staff (pictured is Riley Bice)

    Police were called to the property after a ‘hysterical’ woman approached hotel staff (pictured is Riley Bice)

    Police were called to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel (above) shortly after two women approached staff about 7am on Monday

    Police were called to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel (above) shortly after two women approached staff about 7am on Monday

    A third woman later attended the hotel and the trio claimed to have footage of the alleged assault.

    Unconfirmed claims were also reported that a Sydney player had thrown a sex toy which struck a woman in the back of the head, causing her to fall forward.

    Victoria Police earlier said they were investigating a report of an alleged sexual assault. Detectives have since requested CCTV footage of Monday morning from the hotel. 

    The AFL Integrity Unit and the Sydney Swans confirmed they were also investigating the alleged incident.

    ‘The Sydney Swans can confirm several players were involved in an alleged incident in Melbourne last night,’ a spokesperson said.

    ‘The Swans have notified the AFL and relevant authorities and cannot provide further comment at this stage.’

    Club CEO Matthew Pavlich said the team were ‘working with (AFL) and also the relevant authorities on this matter’.

    ‘We’re still piecing together exactly what has transpired here and have our own set of internal enquiries ongoing,’ he said.

    The Sydney Swans on Monday confirmed it was investigating the alleged incident (pictured is Isaac Heeney)

    The Sydney Swans on Monday confirmed it was investigating the alleged incident (pictured is Isaac Heeney)

    Club CEO Matthew Pavlich said the team were 'working with' the AFL (pictured is James Jordon)

    Club CEO Matthew Pavlich said the team were ‘working with’ the AFL (pictured is James Jordon)

    ‘But it’s safe to say we’re extremely shocked and disappointed. 

    ‘We understand the level of interest in the matter and there is going to be lots of speculation. But given it is a police matter right now, that is all that we can say.’ 

    Up to eight uniformed and plain-clothes officers were seen inside the hotel with clipboards and camera equipment on Monday.

    Others guarded the main staircase and several marked and unmarked police vehicles remained outside.

    It’s understood the Swans players drove back to Sydney on Monday.

    The Sydney Swans are currently sitting in second spot on the AFL ladder, with the finals series set to kick off in just over a week.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Five Sydney Swans players assisting police as detectives investigating alleged sexual assault ask for CCTV from Melbourne hotel



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleBonnie Tyler’s family congregate at late icon’s funeral with her husband of 53 years Robert Sullivan leading mourners at Swansea Minster
    Next Article Kenya bids to host 2029 World Athletics Championships
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Toyoshima Beats Midorikawa, Unifies WBO AP, OPBF 154lb Belts

    August 17, 2026

    Santisima Upsets WBO#6 Oguni

    August 17, 2026

    Lionesses No 1 goalkeeper Hannah Hampton shows off her incredible summer holiday photos on the eve of the new WSL season with Chelsea

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    Website offers advice on securing PIP handouts for just £50 as number of people claiming the disability benefit passes four million

    A website is offering benefits claimants advice on how to secure PIP handouts for just…

    Eco SIM and sustainability, making mobile technology greener

    Iran signals readiness for ‘US ground operations’ as MoU expires | Donald Trump News

    GSE gains despite 46% plunge in value traded

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Website offers advice on securing PIP handouts for just £50 as number of people claiming the disability benefit passes four million

    Eco SIM and sustainability, making mobile technology greener

    Iran signals readiness for ‘US ground operations’ as MoU expires | Donald Trump News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.