Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Cardi B confirms split from boyfriend

    ‘You want courtesy but your words are harsh’ – Afenyo-Markin clashes with Ahiafor

    Georgia father stands trial as he’s accused of giving son RIFLE before school shooting

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Eritrean man who tried to stay in the UK by claiming he was a trafficking victim is deported under the ‘one-in, one-out’ scheme
    International

    Eritrean man who tried to stay in the UK by claiming he was a trafficking victim is deported under the ‘one-in, one-out’ scheme

    Papa LincBy Papa LincSeptember 19, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Eritrean man who tried to stay in the UK by claiming he was a trafficking victim is deported under the ‘one-in, one-out’ scheme
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By MATT STRUDWICK, NEWS REPORTER

    Published: 01:56 EDT, 19 September 2025 | Updated: 01:59 EDT, 19 September 2025

    A small boat migrant was today deported to France after losing a High Court bid to have his removal under the Government’s ‘one-in, one-out’ scheme temporarily blocked.

    The Eritrean man claimed he was an ‘alleged trafficking victim’ with his barristers asking the court for an ‘interim relief’.  

    His legal challenge argued that his deportation would risk multiple human rights breaches.

    The migrant, who cannot be named, arrived in the UK on a small boat last month and brought a claim against the Home Office yesterday, ahead of his scheduled removal from the UK at 6.15am on Friday.

    At a hearing in London, his barristers said that the decision was ‘procedurally unfair’ as he had not been given sufficient opportunity to put forward evidence supporting his claim that he was an ‘alleged trafficking victim’.

    The Home Office opposed the bid to temporarily block the removal, telling the court that there was ‘no serious issue to be tried’.

    In a ruling, Mr Justice Sheldon said: ‘In my judgment, the application for interim relief is refused.

    ‘The test for injunctive relief is not made out. I consider that there is no serious issue to be tried in this case.’

    Judge Sheldon said that the man claimed he was ‘forced to flee Eritrea in 2019 because of forced conscription’ and spent time in Ethiopia, South Sudan and Libya.

    He travelled to France, where he stayed in Paris for around a week, and the man claimed that he was ‘homeless and destitute, and constantly feared for his life’.

    He then went to Dunkirk, where he stayed in an encampment known as ‘the jungle’ for around three weeks, without claiming asylum in France.

    Eritrean man who tried to stay in the UK by claiming he was a trafficking victim is deported under the ‘one-in, one-out’ scheme

    Migrants seen embarking from Gravelines beach in northern France last month

    The man arrived in the UK via a small boat and was detained by the UK Border Force on August 6, and was told that his asylum claim in the UK was inadmissible on August 9, Mr Justice Sheldon said.

    The decision comes after another Eritrean man successfully asked the court on Tuesday to temporarily block his deportation after the same judge found there was a ‘serious issue to be tried’ over whether his removal was lawful amid claims he had been trafficked.

    In that case, the court heard that the national referral mechanism (NRM) – which identifies and assesses victims of slavery and human trafficking – found that the man had likely not been trafficked, but offered him time to make further representations.

    Mr Justice Sheldon said there was ‘still room for further investigation into the trafficking claim’.

    Following Tuesday’s hearing, the Home Office revised its policy on reconsidering modern slavery decisions, so that anyone being removed to a safe country who wants to appeal against an NRM decision will be unable to do so.

    Instead, they can launch a legal challenge from another country, such as France.

    Share or comment on this article:
    Eritrean man who tried to stay in the UK by claiming he was a trafficking victim is deported under the ‘one-in, one-out’ scheme



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleThe records of foreign coaches who led the Black Stars
    Next Article Confusion erupts after ‘Igbo king’ allegedly denied handshake with Otumfuo at Manhyia
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Georgia father stands trial as he’s accused of giving son RIFLE before school shooting

    February 18, 2026

    Bomb squad rush to Hyatt Hotel Canberra after items hurled through windows

    February 18, 2026

    The Sydney suburb Pauline Hanson says ‘people can’t go to’ without feeling unsafe

    February 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202555 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 18, 2026

    Cardi B confirms split from boyfriend

    Cardi B broke up with Diggs after he allegedly cheated on her American rapper, Cardi…

    ‘You want courtesy but your words are harsh’ – Afenyo-Markin clashes with Ahiafor

    Georgia father stands trial as he’s accused of giving son RIFLE before school shooting

    SWAG calls on Sports Minister, backs government’s sports fund policy

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Cardi B confirms split from boyfriend

    ‘You want courtesy but your words are harsh’ – Afenyo-Markin clashes with Ahiafor

    Georgia father stands trial as he’s accused of giving son RIFLE before school shooting

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.