Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Ghana cycle tourist embarks on mission to promote domestic tourism and national unity

    Cybersecurity advocate Noah Darko-Adjei honored with doctorate degree

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Deputy mayor of deep blue city faces 10-years in prison after PLEADING GUILTY to an abhorrent act
    International

    Deputy mayor of deep blue city faces 10-years in prison after PLEADING GUILTY to an abhorrent act

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMay 25, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Deputy mayor of deep blue city faces 10-years in prison after PLEADING GUILTY to an abhorrent act
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By RACHEL BOWMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

    Published: 08:44 EDT, 25 May 2025 | Updated: 08:44 EDT, 25 May 2025

    A former Los Angeles deputy mayor pleaded guilty to reporting an anti-Israel bomb threat on city hall last year.

    Brian K. Williams, 61, who was employed as the deputy mayor of public safety in October 2024, was charged with one felony count of making an explosives threat. 

    He was hand-picked for the role by woke Mayor Karen Bass in February 2023 and given significant public safety responsibility, including oversight of the city’s fire and police departments. 

    Williams sent a text message to Bass and other high-ranking city officials on October 3, 2024, that he just received a call from someone who threatened to bomb city hall, prosecutors said. 

    ‘The male caller stated that “he was tired of the city’s support of Israel, and he has decided to place a bomb in City Hall. It might be in the rotunda,”‘ Williams wrote in the text.

    He said he contacted the Los Angeles Police Department, who sent officers to search the building but did not locate any suspicious packages or devices.

    Williams showed officers a call he received from a blocked number on his city-issued cellphone that he said was from the person who made the bomb threat.

    The call was made by Williams himself through the Google Voice application on his personal phone, according to prosecutors.

    Deputy mayor of deep blue city faces 10-years in prison after PLEADING GUILTY to an abhorrent act

    Los Angeles Deputy Mayor of Public Safety Brian K. Williams (center) pleaded guilty to reporting an anti-Israel bomb threat on city hall last year

    Williams falsely claimed he had received a threat from someone who was going to bomb city hall (pictured) over the city support of Israel

    Williams falsely claimed he had received a threat from someone who was going to bomb city hall (pictured) over the city support of Israel

    The Los Angeles Police Department investigated the threat after it was first reported and determined that Williams was ‘likely’ the source of the threat.

    He was placed on administrative leave over the bomb threat less than three weeks before the deadly LA fires in January. 

    Agents searched Williams’ home on December 17 after an investigation allegedly determined he made the September bomb threat against City Hall.

    Bass, whose spokesperson claimed she took the ‘matter very seriously’, quickly issued a statement after the raid, saying: ‘My number one job is to keep Angelenos safe.

    ‘The only way to do that is to hold people who commit crimes accountable and to take real steps to prevent crime from happening in the first place.’

    Williams’ lawyer, Dmitry Gorin, told the Los Angeles Times that his client ‘has demonstrated his unreserved and full acceptance of responsibility for his actions.’

     

    Williams was placed on administrative leave over the bomb threat less than three weeks before the deadly LA fires in January

    Williams was placed on administrative leave over the bomb threat less than three weeks before the deadly LA fires in January

    Williams (left) was hand-picked for the role by woke Mayor Karen Bass (center) in February 2023 and given significant public safety responsibility

    Williams (left) was hand-picked for the role by woke Mayor Karen Bass (center) in February 2023 and given significant public safety responsibility

    ‘This aberrational incident was the product of personal issues which Mr. Williams is addressing appropriately, and is not representative of his character or dedication to the city of Los Angeles,’ Gorin said.

    He faces a maximum sentence of 10 years in federal prison and is expected to make his initial court appearance in the next few weeks.

    ‘In an era of heated political rhetoric that has sometimes escalated into violence, we cannot allow public officials to make bomb threats,’ said United States Attorney Bill Essayli. 

    ‘My office will continue its efforts to keep the public safe, including from those who violate their duty to uphold the law.’ 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Deputy mayor of deep blue city faces 10-years in prison after PLEADING GUILTY to an abhorrent act



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleGold Stars coach Frimpong Manso confident ahead of clash with Asante Kotoko
    Next Article John Mahama is not vindictive; he’s a true stateman
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    November 30, 2025

    Major update after a young father was allegedly shot dead in broad daylight in Blacktown

    November 30, 2025

    Three-bedroom London mews house swallowed by hedge is listed for nearly £1MILLION… (but wait until you see inside!)

    November 30, 2025
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202452 Views

    A Plus questions the hypocrisy of NPP members who remained silent about corruption for 8 years, only to speak out after losing power.

    December 26, 202449 Views

    Miracle of ‘the 33’ that gripped the world: How dozens somehow survived 69 days of hell trapped 2,300ft down in Chilean gold mine… and the bizarre love-triangle that raged on the surface

    October 11, 202545 Views

    Urgent search continues for Paul Barning after he was attacked by shark during fishing competition

    February 23, 202543 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment November 30, 2025

    Ghana cycle tourist embarks on mission to promote domestic tourism and national unity

    Abdul Sadat Habib, a passionate Ghanaian cyclist and tourism advocate, has successfully toured three regions…

    Cybersecurity advocate Noah Darko-Adjei honored with doctorate degree

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    2025/26 Ghana Premier League: Week 12 Match Report

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Ghana cycle tourist embarks on mission to promote domestic tourism and national unity

    Cybersecurity advocate Noah Darko-Adjei honored with doctorate degree

    Best-selling author, 63, says she split from husband so she can have more freedom… but guess who’s still footing her bills

    Most Popular

    Whereas Black Stars had been shedding to Sudan, Kurt Okraku was promoting gamers in Germany

    October 17, 20240 Views

    Afrobeat-Pop Fusion Artist TEENO Drops New Single “Nolow”

    October 17, 20240 Views

    The $500 billion magnificence trade’s ‘inexperienced’ ambitions are a patchwork at finest. They usually’re falling quick

    October 17, 20240 Views
    © 2025 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.