Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    GFA President urges Black Starlets to fight for world cup dream

    Man complains after girlfriend tells him not to call her while she’s hanging out with friends (Audio)

    Furious parents of babies abused by Montessori nursery worker say it is ‘horrendous’ she was deported after serving just 14 months of eight-year sentence

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»At least 30 dead after horror crash between passenger bus and truck in Brazil
    International

    At least 30 dead after horror crash between passenger bus and truck in Brazil

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 21, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read4 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    At least 30 dead after horror crash between passenger bus and truck in Brazil
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By JOE HUTCHISON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS

    Published: 11:30 EST, 21 December 2024 | Updated: 11:44 EST, 21 December 2024

    At least 30 people have been killed after a crash involving a passenger bus and a truck on a Brazilian highway. 

    Officials in the South American country said the incident happened on the Minas Gerais stretch of road in the southeast of the country on Saturday. 

    The Minas Gerais fire department, which responded to the scene, said 13 others were taken to hospitals near the city of Teofilo Otoni. 

    The bus had reportedly departed from Sao Paulo and was carrying 45 passengers when it crashed. 

    Authorities said Saturday afternoon that all victims had been removed from the site and an investigation would determine the cause of the accident. 

    Witnesses told rescue teams that the bus blew a tire, causing the driver to lose control and collide with a truck. 

    Footage shared on social media and thought to have been captured at the scene show the wreckages ablaze.  

    At least 30 dead after horror crash between passenger bus and truck in Brazil

    The Minas Gerais fire department, which responded to the scene, said 13 others were taken to hospitals near the city of Teofilo Otoni

    Handout picture released by Minas Gerais Fire Department shows firefighters and other rescue teams working on the site of the crash

    Handout picture released by Minas Gerais Fire Department shows firefighters and other rescue teams working on the site of the crash

    Footage shared on social media and thought to have been captured at the scene show the wreckages ablaze

    Footage shared on social media and thought to have been captured at the scene show the wreckages ablaze

    Others claimed that a granite block had hit the bus causing the incident, the fire department added. 

    A car with three passengers inside also collided with the bus but all three people survived the collision. 

    Gov. Romeu Zema wrote on X that he ordered ‘full mobilization’ of the Minas Gerais government to assist the victims.

    Zema said: ‘We are working to ensure that families of the victims are supported to face this tragedy in the most humane way possible, especially as it comes just before Christmas.’

    In 2024, more than 10,000 people died in traffic accidents in Brazil, according to the Ministry of Transportation.

    In September, a bus carrying a football team flipped on a road and killed three people. 

    The Coritiba Crocodiles, a team from the southern Brazilian city of Curitiba, was headed to a game in Rio de Janeiro, where they were set to play in the country´s American football championship. The game was canceled following the deadly accident.

    Share or comment on this article:
    At least 30 dead after horror crash between passenger bus and truck in Brazil



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleThe insults are too much – Kwasi Appiah on why he doesn’t listen to Ghanaian radio stations
    Next Article NPP seats shoot to 89 after ‘snatching’ 7 out of 9 disputed parliamentary results
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Furious parents of babies abused by Montessori nursery worker say it is ‘horrendous’ she was deported after serving just 14 months of eight-year sentence

    May 20, 2026

    Three sisters who died in sea off Brighton beach are named for first time: Father pays emotional tribute to his daughters as police continue probe into their deaths

    May 20, 2026

    Trump and Netanyahu clash in ‘dramatic’ secret phone call over striking Iran as failed plot to topple Tehran regime is exposed

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports May 20, 2026

    GFA President urges Black Starlets to fight for world cup dream

    Kurt Edwin Simeon-Okraku has urged the Black Starlets to remain confident and fight for qualification…

    Man complains after girlfriend tells him not to call her while she’s hanging out with friends (Audio)

    Furious parents of babies abused by Montessori nursery worker say it is ‘horrendous’ she was deported after serving just 14 months of eight-year sentence

    Twenty-two (22) players already in Black Stars camp ahead of Mexico friendly

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    GFA President urges Black Starlets to fight for world cup dream

    Man complains after girlfriend tells him not to call her while she’s hanging out with friends (Audio)

    Furious parents of babies abused by Montessori nursery worker say it is ‘horrendous’ she was deported after serving just 14 months of eight-year sentence

    Most Popular

    Breakthrough in search for missing San Francisco man who vanished in 2017

    November 19, 20240 Views

    “And she’s among the girls shouting” – Female congregant publicly declares crúsh during an anonymous Q&A session in church (WATCH)

    November 19, 20240 Views

    Tsikata praised Mahama’s govt because he enjoyed contracts under that regime

    November 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.