This blog is managed by the content creator and not GhanaWeb, its affiliates, or employees. Advertising on this blog requires a minimum of GH₵50 a week. Contact the blog owner with any queries.
Zeqblog Blog of Saturday, 5 April 2025
Source: Okine Isaac
In a well-run operation on Wednesday, Accra police were able to neutralize six dangerous criminals. According to TV3GH, the police had been keeping an eye on the suspects for a number of months after receiving community tips.
Officers conducted the operation to a hiding place outside of Accra, where the suspects started shooting as the police approached. The officers were compelled to respond in kind. Police Commander Kwesi Annan said, “These criminals have caused terror in our neighborhoods for too long,” pointing to the group’s involvement in violent attacks, robberies, and attempted kidnappings.
The gang had been sheltering in a dilapidated house that the police had surrounded. All six suspects were killed in a shootout that lasted several minutes when the suspects resisted arrest and started shooting at the officers. According to an officer who asked not to be identified, “they were heavily armed and determined to fight, but we were ready for them.”
Police found a number of weapons after the altercation, including machetes, pistols, and ammo that they believe were used in recent crimes. To find out if the group is connected to other violent incidents nationwide, investigations are still underway.
One local neighbor said, “It’s a huge weight lifted off our shoulders,” expressing relief and thankfulness. It’s comforting to know that these criminals have been dealt with because we’ve been living in fear for far too long.” No policemen were hurt during the operation, according to police confirmation.