Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Inside Selina Boateng’s gospel journey

    Smiles in the Wards as President Mahama Turns 67 With Compassionate Outreach

    The REAL lives of Mormon wives: Why a fundamentalist ‘prophet’ at the head of the world’s biggest polgamous sect is being sued by his ex-wife in a Utah court

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Upmarket town centre cordoned off after early-hours attack leaves man with serious chest wounds and another with ‘life changing injuries’
    International

    Upmarket town centre cordoned off after early-hours attack leaves man with serious chest wounds and another with ‘life changing injuries’

    Papa LincBy Papa LincNovember 30, 2025No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Upmarket town centre cordoned off after early-hours attack leaves man with serious chest wounds and another with ‘life changing injuries’
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    One man has been left fighting for his life while another had ‘life-changing’ injuries in an early morning street attack which left a large area of an upmarket town centre cordoned off.

    Instead of Christmas shoppers, police forensic officers in overalls were today searching the streets of Altrincham, Greater Manchester – until recently hailed as one of the best places to live in Britain for five years in a row.

    It is the second serious attack in the area within 10 days after a 12-year-old boy was injured with a ‘metal item’ in neighbouring Timperley on November 21.

    Greater Manchester Police said the latest incident, at 3.20am today, stemming from a ‘disturbance’ on Railway Street.

    A wide cordon remained in place today and many shops closed on one of the busiest weekends before Xmas.

    Scene of crime officers could be seen focussing on a particular part of Stamford New Rd, where medical debris was left strewn across the road and a forensic marker had been placed.

    Railway Street itself is home to Altrincham Community Hospital, a pilates studio, bars, restaurants and shops including two jewellers.

    It is also close to the Goose Green area where there are many late night bars that attract revellers.

    Upmarket town centre cordoned off after early-hours attack leaves man with serious chest wounds and another with ‘life changing injuries’

    Railway Street, Altrincham, where shops and businesses were under police cordon

    Tyson Fury’s cousin Rico Burton was stabbed outside a nearby bar in August 2022 and the area has long been blighted by trouble and violent incidents.

    Police said today’s attack involved one man aged 21 who suffered a wound to the chest and remains in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

    Another man in his 20s suffered facial injuries thought to be life-changing.

    Two other people, a man aged 51 and a woman, 52, were also assaulted and suffered minor injuries. 

    A 24-year-old male from the Partington area has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and causing grievous bodily harm with intent, and remains in custody for questioning.

    Officers are now appealing for information and witnesses to anyone who may have seen the incident.

    The incident happened on the other side of the town centre from the Best Western Cresta Court hotel, which is being controversially used to house 300 asylum seekers – attracting protests.

    But Altrincham was voted one of the best places to live by the Sunday Times for five consecutive years up to 2022.

    Police forensic officers conduct searches in the streets of Altrincham after pair were stabbed

    Police forensic officers conduct searches in the streets of Altrincham after pair were stabbed

    Separately, in September the town was identified as the best place in Greater Manchester to raise a family in research by Bell Financial Solutions.

    It looked into data around the quality of schools, crime levels, commuter times to Manchester city centre, and affordability of homes.

    One shocked local, commenting online, called the incident ‘disgraceful’. 

    The resident said: ‘Another incident around the goose green area in the early hours of the morning! Altrincham is meant to be a family oriented town, not a late night party town.’ 

    Police said the attack is believed to have been an ‘isolated’ incident and one man has been arrested, who remains in custody for questioning with enquiries ongoing.

    This evening, Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Dixon said: ‘We are appealing to anyone in the area to come forward who may have witnessed an altercation on Railway Street before a white male in his 20s ran down the street towards Altrincham Interchange.

    ‘Anyone with information is encouraged to call 101 or report information via our website quoting log 484 of 30.11.2025. Information can also be passed anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

    ‘We appreciate the concern that communities may feel during an incident of this nature. We’d like to ask members of the public not to speculate and would like reassure communities that this incident is believed to be isolated.

    ‘Thank you to the community and our retail partners for their co-operation throughout today regarding the disruption that has been caused during our investigation. Officers will remain in and around Altrincham town centre as we continue to conduct our enquiries.’

    The incident comes after a man appeared in court on Thursday charged over the attack on a 12-year-old boy in Stockport Road, Timperley, on Friday November 22.

    The boy is said to have been walking with two friends when a man got out of a car and chased them.

    When the boy tried to run away, police said he was struck with a metallic object. He suffered serious back, hip and leg injuries but has since been released from hospital.

    Adithya Ramamoorthy, 21, of Timperley, appeared at Manchester Magistrates’ Court charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent and possessing an offensive weapon in a public place.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleAfrika Nyornu Foundation, Newage Agric Solutions Ltd, conducts free health screening in Volta Region
    Next Article Patrick Akoto appointed General Coordinator for CAF Schools Football Championship WAFU B qualifier
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    The REAL lives of Mormon wives: Why a fundamentalist ‘prophet’ at the head of the world’s biggest polgamous sect is being sued by his ex-wife in a Utah court

    November 30, 2025

    Revealed: The VERY unroyal ‘granny annexe’ at Princess Beatrice’s £3.5m Cotswolds mansion ostracised Fergie may soon call home

    November 30, 2025

    Dignitas founder, 92, ends his life days before his birthday at one of his own assisted dying clinics

    November 30, 2025
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202452 Views

    A Plus questions the hypocrisy of NPP members who remained silent about corruption for 8 years, only to speak out after losing power.

    December 26, 202449 Views

    Miracle of ‘the 33’ that gripped the world: How dozens somehow survived 69 days of hell trapped 2,300ft down in Chilean gold mine… and the bizarre love-triangle that raged on the surface

    October 11, 202545 Views

    Urgent search continues for Paul Barning after he was attacked by shark during fishing competition

    February 23, 202542 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment November 30, 2025

    Inside Selina Boateng’s gospel journey

    The award winning singer has become a voice of hope for countless believers In an…

    Smiles in the Wards as President Mahama Turns 67 With Compassionate Outreach

    The REAL lives of Mormon wives: Why a fundamentalist ‘prophet’ at the head of the world’s biggest polgamous sect is being sued by his ex-wife in a Utah court

    Freezy Macbones welcomes second child with French partner

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Inside Selina Boateng’s gospel journey

    Smiles in the Wards as President Mahama Turns 67 With Compassionate Outreach

    The REAL lives of Mormon wives: Why a fundamentalist ‘prophet’ at the head of the world’s biggest polgamous sect is being sued by his ex-wife in a Utah court

    Most Popular

    Whereas Black Stars had been shedding to Sudan, Kurt Okraku was promoting gamers in Germany

    October 17, 20240 Views

    Afrobeat-Pop Fusion Artist TEENO Drops New Single “Nolow”

    October 17, 20240 Views

    The $500 billion magnificence trade’s ‘inexperienced’ ambitions are a patchwork at finest. They usually’re falling quick

    October 17, 20240 Views
    © 2025 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.