Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Fury as hundreds of travellers descend on village for centuries-old fair with locals forced to batten down the hatches as streets swell with people… and horses

    Jan Gyamerah reports to Black Stars camp for Mexico friendly

    Trump’s unhinged threat to Fox News reporter, 37, and her ‘RINO’ fiancé, 52, as he lashes out at her question

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Nottingham stab victims’ families left furious after NHS staff accessed their loved ones’ A&E records 
    International

    Nottingham stab victims’ families left furious after NHS staff accessed their loved ones’ A&E records 

    Papa LincBy Papa LincMarch 9, 2025No Comments5 Mins Read6 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Nottingham stab victims’ families left furious after NHS staff accessed their loved ones’ A&E records 
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Up to 91 healthcare workers accessed the A&E records of the three people killed in the Nottingham attacks, it can be revealed, heaping fresh trauma on relatives.

    The families of the victims of Valdo Calocane have described the actions of staff at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust as ‘gross and inexcusable voyeurism’.

    It takes the number of public bodies where staff have been accused of illegally looking up details of the shocking triple murder to six, after police officers, prison and courts staff as well as council and mental health workers were also caught out.

    Students Barnaby Webber and Grace O’Malley-Kumar, both 19, were stabbed to death as they returned from a night out in the early hours of June 13 2023 by Calocane, who then killed 65-year-old school caretaker Ian Coates. 

    The paranoid schizophrenic was handed an indefinite hospital order in January last year after admitting manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

    The Nottingham Trust, which runs the Queen’s Medical Centre where the victims were taken, has apologised and said it was investigating ‘concerns’ staff may have ‘inappropriately’ looked at their A&E records.

    Barnaby’s mother Emma Webber told the Daily Mail: ‘The hospital trust have told us, in their written response to our questions, that 91 individuals are confirmed, so far, as having accessed the hospital records of Barney, Grace and Ian.

    ‘Whilst we know that a number legitimately needed to do so, it’s almost certain that a significant number did not.

    Nottingham stab victims’ families left furious after NHS staff accessed their loved ones’ A&E records 

    School caretaker Ian Coates (left), 65 and students Barnaby Webber (centre) and Grace O’Malley-Kumar (right), both 19 were stabbed to death in Nottingham in the early hours of June 13 2023

    Up to 91 healthcare workers accessed the A&E records of the three victims, it can be revealed (file photo)

    Up to 91 healthcare workers accessed the A&E records of the three victims, it can be revealed (file photo)

    ‘It is sickening, disrespectful, unprofessional, and a gross invasion of privacy.’

    She said the figure had only come to light as a result of the victims’ families asking for more detail into the actions of staff at the mental health trust in their treatment of Calocane.

    Mrs Webber said: ‘I dread to think what else is yet to be uncovered.

    ‘All we can say with complete certainty is that each and every single person and agency and organisation that has so disgracefully failed our loved ones will be found out and fully held to account.

    ‘Enough is enough. We have to do better in this country.’

    Solicitor Neil Hudgell, who represents the families, added: ‘Every week seems to bring fresh trauma to an already appalling situation. ‘We are actively seeking a complete audit trail of who accessed records, when, and for what purpose. We want to know whether any unlawfully accessed material has been shared.’

    The families learned of the potential breach in a letter from the Trust’s Medical Director Manjeet Shehmar, who said an investigation was launched after a senior staff member reported a doctor for allegedly accessing the records without a legitimate reason.

    The letter, seen by the Daily Mail, states that to date, the trust had identified 91 individuals who have had access to the data. It said that while ‘many’ would have a legitimate reason, all 91 would be included in an ‘initial fact-finding mission’.

    The police have also been informed.

    Killer Valdo Calocane was already wanted on a warrant for a prior assault, but officers made no attempt to arrest him at the time of the stabbing

    Killer Valdo Calocane was already wanted on a warrant for a prior assault, but officers made no attempt to arrest him at the time of the stabbing

    It comes after HM Prison Service and HM Courts and Tribunal Service launched a probe over claims staff unlawfully accessed and shared images of the victims.

    Nottinghamshire Police, Nottingham City Council and Nottingham NHS mental health and acute care teams are also investigating breeches.

    Last year PC Matthew Gell, who shared crude messages with his wife and friend, received a final written warning for accessing files on Calocane without authorisation.

    A special Constable was also sacked for viewing body cam footage of the horror.

    On Friday, the police watchdog announced it was reopening its investigation into the Nottingham attacks over claims it ignored discrepancies in the account of an officer who failed to arrest the killer.

    The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) said it had decided to reopen its investigation into the actions taken by Leicestershire Police after Valdo Calocane was accused of assaulting two co-workers.

    Despite reports that Calocane – who was already wanted on a warrant for a prior assault – had punched one colleague and pushed another before reaching for a knife – officers made no attempt to arrest him or interview witnesses. 

    Pictured left to right: Grace O'Malley-Kumar's brother James with her parents Dr Sanjoy Kumar and Dr Sinead O'Malley, Ian Coates' son James and Emma Webber, the mother of Barnaby Webber

    Pictured left to right: Grace O’Malley-Kumar’s brother James with her parents Dr Sanjoy Kumar and Dr Sinead O’Malley, Ian Coates’ son James and Emma Webber, the mother of Barnaby Webber

    The hospital Trust denied 91 members of staff were under investigation but failed to say how many were.

    In a statement, Dr Shehmar said the Trust was ‘investigating concerns that members of staff may have inappropriately accessed the medical records of Ian Coates, Grace O’Malley-Kumar and Barnaby Webber.’

    Dr Shehmar said: ‘We have informed the families and will continue to keep them updated throughout the investigation.

    ‘The families of Ian, Grace and Barnaby have already had to endure much pain and heartache and I’m truly sorry that this will add further to their suffering.

    ‘Through our investigation, we will find out what happened and will not hesitate to take action as necessary.’



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article‘Ghanaians are football mad’ – Former Black Stars coach Chris Hughton
    Next Article Ghana@68: Be guided by Ghana’s rich history
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Fury as hundreds of travellers descend on village for centuries-old fair with locals forced to batten down the hatches as streets swell with people… and horses

    May 20, 2026

    Trump’s unhinged threat to Fox News reporter, 37, and her ‘RINO’ fiancé, 52, as he lashes out at her question

    May 20, 2026

    Police Scotland gave out £360 vouchers to LGBT
panel for ‘woke’ advice

    May 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 20, 2026

    Fury as hundreds of travellers descend on village for centuries-old fair with locals forced to batten down the hatches as streets swell with people… and horses

    Locals have been left furious after an annual horse fair dating back 750 years sparked…

    Jan Gyamerah reports to Black Stars camp for Mexico friendly

    Trump’s unhinged threat to Fox News reporter, 37, and her ‘RINO’ fiancé, 52, as he lashes out at her question

    Kofi Adams warns fans against fake World Cup travel agents

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Fury as hundreds of travellers descend on village for centuries-old fair with locals forced to batten down the hatches as streets swell with people… and horses

    Jan Gyamerah reports to Black Stars camp for Mexico friendly

    Trump’s unhinged threat to Fox News reporter, 37, and her ‘RINO’ fiancé, 52, as he lashes out at her question

    Most Popular

    Breakthrough in search for missing San Francisco man who vanished in 2017

    November 19, 20240 Views

    “And she’s among the girls shouting” – Female congregant publicly declares crúsh during an anonymous Q&A session in church (WATCH)

    November 19, 20240 Views

    Tsikata praised Mahama’s govt because he enjoyed contracts under that regime

    November 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.