Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    ‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal

    Arsenal sign Konsa from Villa as Premier League holders bolster defence | Football News

    Meghan Markle ‘is in talks to star in hit Netflix filmed in Britain’ when she and Harry return to the UK after six years

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal
    News

    ‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 21, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    ‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    ‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal

    Ezri Konsa says he is proud to play for “one of the best teams in the world” as he completed his £55m move to Arsenal.

    The 28-year-old England defender joins the Premier League champions from Aston Villa on a four-year contract, with the option to extend for a further year.

    After weeks of negotiation, the clubs reached an agreement on Wednesday which could earn Villa up to an additional £4m in add-ons.

    “It’s a privilege to be here and can’t wait to get started,” said Konsa,who revealed he had spoken with Arsenal’s Three Lions players about joining while at the World Cup.

    “I want to keep winning, I’m hungry to win and that’s what I’m here for.

    “It’s a proud moment for me and my family to play for one of the best teams in the world.”

    BBC Sport revealed Arsenal were in talks with Villa about signing Konsa last week, but the clubs disagreed on his valuation.

    Bayer Leverkusen’s Jarrell Quansah, who represented England alongside Konsa at this summer’s World Cup, was also an option for the Gunners before a fee was finally agreed.

    Arsenal’s sporting director Andrea Berta said: “Ezri is a defender of high quality, whose athleticism, composure and tactical intelligence have established him as one of the Premier League’s most consistent performers.

    “Being comfortable in both central defence and at right-back, Ezri will bring valuable versatility to our squad while maintaining the high defensive standards which are fundamental to our challenge of winning major trophies.”

    Konsa made 286 appearances for Villa since joining in July 2019 from Brentford and helped them win the Europa League in May, the club’s first European trophy since 1982.

    He scored two goals last season with one assist in 48 appearances as Unai Emery’s men secured Champions League football with a fourth-placed Premier League finish.

    Konsa also played in every England game as Thomas Tuchel’s side reached the World Cup semi-finals, losing to Argentina, but then winning the Bronze medal match by beating France.

    Arsenal quartet Eberechi Eze, Noni Madueke, Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka were also in the squad and discussed the move with him while in North America.

    Konsa revealed: “They said I’ll enjoy it. I’m looking forward to training with them and playing with them.”

    He was given four weeks off by Emery after the tournament and has not played in any of Villa’s pre-season games, including their 2-1 defeat by Paris St-Germain in the Uefa Super Cup.

    The Gunners have spent more than £100m already, bringing in midfielder Bruno Guimaraes from Newcastle (£75m) and Club Brugge winger Christos Tzolis (£34m) during this transfer window.

    Last season, their extremely well-organised defence – aided by the effective partnership of William Saliba and Gabriel Magalhaes – helped them win their first title in 22 years as they conceded just 27 league goals.

    But half of their title-winning backline is not going to be fit for the first part of the season.

    Saliba has been ruled out for an ‘extended period’ with a long-term back issue, which he had been managing last season and which ended his World Cup with France early.

    Jurrien Timber, Arsenal’s first-choice right-back, is also out for the opening weeks with a groin problem that caused him to pull out of the Netherlands’ World Cup squad.

    That has left Ben White, who has had his own fitness issues in recent seasons, as Arsenal’s only fit right-back and 21-year-old Cristhian Mosquera as the only right-sided centre back to partner Gabriel.

    It could be argued Arsenal, who also made defender Piero Hincapie’s loan deal permanent this summer, could be able to cope without signing another defender.

    But Arteta does not seem to like fielding two left-footed players at centre-back – which would happen if White got injured and Mosquera had to move to right-back.

    Riccardo Calafiori is preferred at left-back by Arteta because of the unpredictability he brings to the team’s attack, while Hincapie is left-sided too.

    Highly-rated 16-year-old academy defender Marli Salmon is also on the books, but is most likely to be used sparingly in cup competitions as he continues to develop.

    Konsa’s departure to Arsenal is the latest high-profile exit at Villa Park this summer as Emery’s squad undergoes drastic change.

    Like many, Villa are a selling club, mainly due to necessity, and have been for a number of years.

    They must comply with Uefa’s squad cost ratio (SCR) which restricts them to spending 70% of their football-related revenue on player and staff wages, transfer fees and agent fees.

    They have already been fined twice by Uefa for breaches, being hit with a £9.5m sanction last year and a £19.4m fine in June, although £12.9m was suspended after Villa came to a settlement agreement with European football’s governing body. But it has meant the club’s hands are tied in the transfer window.

    The Premier League’s Profit and Sustainability Rules (PSR) also limit financial losses to a maximum of £105m over a rolling three-year period.

    In their latest accounts, ending 30 June 2025, Villa had a post-tax profit of £17m, but their two previous years showed losses of £119.6m (2023) and £85.4m (2024).

    The regulations have now been replaced by SCR, which has put the Premier League in line with Uefa’s model.

    Youri Tielemans and Morgan Rogers – goalscorers in the club’s Europa League triumph in Istanbul – left last month, with Rogers’ £117m move to Chelsea a record fee for an English player.

    Left-back Lucas Digne was also sold to Paris St-Germain and Villa must also find a solution for goalkeeper Emi Martinez after his failed move to Juventus and the signing of his replacement – Japan’s Zion Suzuki.

    Al-Hilal may also test Villa’s resolve again before the 1 September transfer deadline for Ollie Watkins, with the Premier League club reportedly tabling a new contract to try to keep the striker.

    That would leave Matty Cash, Pau Torres, Victor Lindelof, John McGinn and Emi Buendia as those who remain from the 11 that started in their Istanbul triumph.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.



    Source link
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleArsenal sign Konsa from Villa as Premier League holders bolster defence | Football News
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Arsenal sign Konsa from Villa as Premier League holders bolster defence | Football News

    August 21, 2026

    Meghan Markle ‘is in talks to star in hit Netflix filmed in Britain’ when she and Harry return to the UK after six years

    August 21, 2026

    55-year-old woman gives birth to triplets at Brofoyedru

    August 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025148 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025115 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202679 Views
    Don't Miss
    News August 21, 2026

    ‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal

    Ezri Konsa says he is proud to play for “one of the best teams in…

    Arsenal sign Konsa from Villa as Premier League holders bolster defence | Football News

    Meghan Markle ‘is in talks to star in hit Netflix filmed in Britain’ when she and Harry return to the UK after six years

    Education Ministry orders reinstatement of BOGISS student after alleged sexual abuse

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    ‘Hungry to win’ – Villa’s Konsa joins Arsenal in £55m deal

    Arsenal sign Konsa from Villa as Premier League holders bolster defence | Football News

    Meghan Markle ‘is in talks to star in hit Netflix filmed in Britain’ when she and Harry return to the UK after six years

    Most Popular

    I got intimate with 2500 women in 2019 alone – Oboy Siki brags

    November 26, 20240 Views

    Dreams FC assistant coach urges players to improve after tough start to the season

    November 28, 20240 Views

    Kwaysi collaborates with DJ Boat for Christmas anthem

    November 29, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.