Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Three schoolboys accused of hours-long gang sex attack denied bail – as judge references Scots College and Swans scandals

    Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
    News

    ‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 20, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    ‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    ‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September

    The Ministry of Energy has explained that the temporary control room being constructed to support power evacuation is expected to be completed by the end of September, despite an earlier timeline pointing to August.

    The Ministry’s spokesperson, Richmond Rockson, said the revised timeline followed a decision by engineers and the Energy Minister to prioritise the restoration of power while work on a more permanent control facility continues.

    Speaking on JoyFM’s Top Story on Thursday, August 20, Mr Rockson said the government had to make a critical decision following the incident that disrupted the country’s power supply.

    He explained that authorities had to choose between constructing an entirely new control room before restoring power or finding an interim solution that would allow electricity generation and supply to resume quickly.

    According to him, engineers recommended the temporary arrangement, which the Minister approved.

    “The minister took the decision to go by it, and then steps were taken to put together a temporary structure that will serve as the control room or the switchyard.

    “That is what the minister referred to today; that will be completed at the end of next month, which is September,” he said.

    Mr Rockson said the absence of the switchyard means the power system currently operates with an inherent risk of volatility, making it vulnerable to disturbances along the transmission line.

    He therefore appealed to Ghanaians to bear with the system until the temporary facility is completed.

    “There’s an inherent risk, and then, of course, it exposes the system to some volatility. And so any disturbance may affect that line because of the absence of the switchyard,” he said.

    He maintained, however, that power stability had significantly improved since electricity was restored following the April 30 incident.

    Mr Rockson said the temporary arrangement had allowed the country to continue evacuating power while the control room is being constructed.

    His comments come after the Energy Minister announced that the temporary control room is expected to be ready by the end of September, while an investigative committee had earlier indicated that an interim system would be operational by the end of August.

    Mr Rockson also addressed a power disruption recorded earlier on Thursday, saying engineers moved quickly to restore electricity across the country.

    “The good thing is that the GRIDCo engineers, together with power sector players, took steps. The power restoration process began as early as around 5 to 6 a.m. And by 12, 3 p.m., power had been restored to all parts of the country,” he said.

    He assured the public that the power plants and transmission systems were operational and electricity was being evacuated.

    “We are evacuating power from there. All systems are up and running. All the plants are up,” he added.

    He said any customers still experiencing outages are likely to be affected by localised faults rather than a nationwide power supply problem.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.



    Source link
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleDR Congo to receive 70,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine as Ebola infections surge | Ebola News
    Next Article Melania breaks silence on absence with punchy eight-word opener as she joins Trump amid female aide rumors
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Three schoolboys accused of hours-long gang sex attack denied bail – as judge references Scots College and Swans scandals

    August 20, 2026

    Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure

    August 20, 2026

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    August 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 20, 2026

    Three schoolboys accused of hours-long gang sex attack denied bail – as judge references Scots College and Swans scandals

    Three schoolboys charged with the alleged sexual assault of a girl over several hours will…

    Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    Kessben Group founder, Lawyer Stephen Kwabena Boateng dead

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Three schoolboys accused of hours-long gang sex attack denied bail – as judge references Scots College and Swans scandals

    Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure

    US pummels Cuban economy with new sanctions on mining, construction | Donald Trump News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.