Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Nashville hospital leaves patient PARALYZED after drug mix-up saw doctors swap anesthetic for ‘deadly substance’

    Ghana is ready for nuclear power adoption – Gov’t affirms 

    Israeli strike on Gaza City police headquarters kills women’s police chief | Gaza

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
    News

    Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    Wontumi’s incarceration will not stop his chairmanship bid – Palgrave

    Dr Palgrave Boakye-Dankwah, spokesperson for Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi, says his incarceration will not derail his bid to contest for the New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) national chairmanship.

    Speaking on Joy FM’s Newsnight, he said supporters of the former Ashanti Regional Chairman would pick up nomination forms on his behalf before the end of the week despite concerns over his eligibility under the party’s constitution.

    According to him, Chairman Wontumi remains committed to his ambition of leading the party and intends to go ahead with the process despite being in prison.

    “Chairman Wontumi is a politician. His friends believe in his ambition, and they are going to make sure that his form will be picked, submitted and filed,” he said on Wednesday, August 19.

    Dr Boakye-Dankwah argued that nothing legally prevents the NPP stalwart from picking up or filing nomination forms.

    He explained that supporters who intend to secure the forms for him view him as a political prisoner and believe he should be allowed to contest.

    “I’m certain that the friends of Chairman Wontumi premised their decision to pick up a form for him purely based on the party’s position on the imprisonment of Chairman Wontumi, considering him as a political prisoner,” he stated.

    His comments come amid questions over provisions in the NPP’s constitution that bar members convicted and sentenced for certain offences from contesting for party positions.

    However, Dr Boakye-Dankwah insisted that the campaign team would proceed with the process and deal with any challenges that might arise later.

    He disclosed that nomination forms are expected to be picked up on Friday, after which they would be taken to Chairman Wontumi to sign before being submitted.

    The spokesperson also dismissed suggestions that Chairman Wontumi should focus solely on his legal battle rather than pursuing a leadership position within the party.

    He noted that the politician had already completed a nationwide campaign tour covering all 16 regions and 276 constituencies before his imprisonment.

    “Chairman was one of the first persons who stepped into the competition. He’s done his first round of the campaign already,” he said.

    Chairman Wontumi was sentenced to 20 years’ imprisonment over illegal mining activities on the Samreboi concession in the Western Region.

    Justice Audrey Kocuvie-Tay, who presided over the Criminal Division of the High Court, delivered the sentence shortly after 11:40 am on Monday, July 20, 2026, bringing to an end one of Ghana’s most closely watched illegal mining prosecutions.

    The court also imposed a fine of 10,000 penalty units, equivalent to GH¢120,000, with a default sentence of three years’ imprisonment if the fine is not paid.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

    DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.



    Source link
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleModerna, Merck unveil mRNA-based cancer vaccine that cuts spread | Health News
    Next Article Woke LA lawmaker lifts ban on homeless encampments in parks, sparking fears City of Angels will become more squalid than ever
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Nashville hospital leaves patient PARALYZED after drug mix-up saw doctors swap anesthetic for ‘deadly substance’

    August 19, 2026

    Ghana is ready for nuclear power adoption – Gov’t affirms 

    August 19, 2026

    Israeli strike on Gaza City police headquarters kills women’s police chief | Gaza

    August 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 19, 2026

    Nashville hospital leaves patient PARALYZED after drug mix-up saw doctors swap anesthetic for ‘deadly substance’

    A Tennessee hospital has been accused of leaving a 72-year-old woman paralyzed after doctors allegedly…

    Ghana is ready for nuclear power adoption – Gov’t affirms 

    Israeli strike on Gaza City police headquarters kills women’s police chief | Gaza

    Government pays GH¢10.8 billion DDEP coupon in full- Min. Of Finance announces

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Nashville hospital leaves patient PARALYZED after drug mix-up saw doctors swap anesthetic for ‘deadly substance’

    Ghana is ready for nuclear power adoption – Gov’t affirms 

    Israeli strike on Gaza City police headquarters kills women’s police chief | Gaza

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.