Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Residents of London borough famed for low council tax could see 160% RISE next year – but Conservatives blame Labour for taking millions in funding

    British couple on honeymoon killed in helicopter crash on Greek island

    Trump administration moves to end rule protecting swaths of forest land | Environment News

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Sports»Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua to SNUB Wembley and take place on a FRIDAY in New York to avoid clash with NFL: Date set with contracts signed as Britain’s biggest fight goes abroad… and fans back home could face a VERY late night
    Sports

    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua to SNUB Wembley and take place on a FRIDAY in New York to avoid clash with NFL: Date set with contracts signed as Britain’s biggest fight goes abroad… and fans back home could face a VERY late night

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 18, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua to SNUB Wembley and take place on a FRIDAY in New York to avoid clash with NFL: Date set with contracts signed as Britain’s biggest fight goes abroad… and fans back home could face a VERY late night
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are understood to have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City, raising concerns that the mega-fight will take place in the middle of the night for British fans.

    Fury took to social media on Tuesday morning to tease the announcement, telling his followers that the fight was on the verge of being publicised. He said: ‘Big news being dropped very, very soon. A big fight on the horizon. It’s the one you’ve all been waiting for. It’s about to be announced imminently so stay tuned!’

    While those close to the negotiations have told Daily Mail Sport that the blockbuster bout is done, with New York’s Madison Square Garden understood to have been agreed as the venue, Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn has insisted there is still work to be done on the deal.

    Those familiar with the discussions say Joshua and his promoter Hearn continued to push for the fight to take place in the UK, with Fury also keen on a homecoming bout, but they were ultimately unable to secure their preferred location.

    However, Hearn – who recently revealed it was written into Joshua’s contract that the fight has to be staged in Britain – has told Daily Mail Sport that no agreement has yet been reached to change those terms.

    ‘We are in constant communication with Turki and SELA but as of yet there is no agreement to any variation within the contract,’ he said.

    Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua to SNUB Wembley and take place on a FRIDAY in New York to avoid clash with NFL: Date set with contracts signed as Britain’s biggest fight goes abroad… and fans back home could face a VERY late night

    The final details were thrashed out at a meeting earlier this week, with the venue the main outstanding issue

    It is understood that Anthony Joshua (left) and Tyson Fury (right) have signed contracts to fight on November 20 in New York City  

    The fight is said to be taking in New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden - where Joshua previously suffered his shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019

    The fight is said to be taking in New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden – where Joshua previously suffered his shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019

    Turki Alalshikh (above), who is helping bankroll the fight, had left the door open to staging the event in Britain, but made it clear that the numbers had to work

    Turki Alalshikh (above), who is helping bankroll the fight, had left the door open to staging the event in Britain, but made it clear that the numbers had to work

    Speaking in an interview released after Daily Mail Sport’s story broke, Hearn added: “It seems like everyone is adamant the fight takes place in New York. There isn’t really any consideration or willingness to speak to the government. Sadiq Khan, Transport for London. It’s just like ‘we want to do this fight in America’. 

    ‘Tyson Fury has agreed to do it in America and we haven’t at the moment. We are talking through a roadmap of what that might look like to change the deal and if they do all the things we’ve discussed and agreed in principle, then I think there is a very good chance the fight will happen in America.”

    Others close to the discussions say Alalshikh’s position was that the fight could be staged in the UK if the financial case stacked up and the figures could be demonstrated.

    But with that case ultimately unable to be made, the decision has been taken to move the blockbuster to New York and the iconic Madison Square Garden – the scene of Joshua’s shock defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr in June 2019.

    The fight is expected to take place on a Friday night in an attempt to avoid clashes with major American sporting events and maximise its exposure in the US.

    It remains unclear, however, whether the main event will take place at a time convenient for British boxing fans.

    And while Hearn’s comments indicate that the contractual position has yet to be formally altered, Daily Mail Sport understands the final pieces are now being put in place for the official announcement, with the relevant parties due to meet in the coming days to organise the launch press conference.

    That is expected to take place before the end of August.

    Anthony Joshua has his hand raised following victory over Kristian Prenga on July 25

    Anthony Joshua has his hand raised following victory over Kristian Prenga on July 25

    However, result didn't come without drama as he was knocked down in the first 20 seconds

    However, result didn’t come without drama as he was knocked down in the first 20 seconds

    Spencer Brown, Fury’s manager, said several weeks ago that the announcement would be made at an iconic British landmark, adding that it would be ‘like no announcement’ fans have ever seen before and claiming they ‘don’t want to miss it’.

    Hearn has also previously told Daily Mail Sport that the announcement press conference would take place before the end of the month and would be timed around Joshua’s return from holiday.

    The roots of Joshua-Fury go back to the beginning of the 2010s, when both men were establishing themselves as Britain’s leading heavyweight prospects.

    Joshua won Olympic gold at London 2012 before turning professional, while Fury had already made his professional debut in 2008 and was building an unbeaten record of his own.

    For years, the prospect of the two eventually meeting was one of British boxing’s biggest talking points.

    Fury’s victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 transformed him into a world heavyweight champion, while Joshua was rapidly moving towards the same position.

    Joshua won the IBF heavyweight title by beating Charles Martin in 2016 and subsequently added the WBA and IBO belts.

    By 2017, the possibility of an undisputed Joshua-Fury fight had become a genuine objective rather than simply a dream matchup.

    Fury took on Mariusz Wach at the Max Muay Thai Stadium, Pattaya, Thailand on July 24

    Fury took on Mariusz Wach at the Max Muay Thai Stadium, Pattaya, Thailand on July 24

    But the negotiations repeatedly failed.

    The biggest opportunity came in 2021, when Joshua and Fury appeared to be moving towards a two-fight agreement. A deal was publicly discussed, but the proposed fight ultimately collapsed after Fury became obligated to face Deontay Wilder following an arbitration ruling.

    Fury subsequently fought Wilder for a third time, while Joshua moved towards his own defining bouts.

    Joshua then suffered back-to-back defeats against Oleksandr Usyk, losing his WBA, IBF and WBO titles in 2021 before being beaten again in their 2022 rematch.

    The sport then appeared to get another opportunity to make Joshua-Fury. In late 2022, negotiations accelerated dramatically, with both camps discussing a proposed fight in December.

    A deal again failed to materialise.

    Fury instead moved on to other opponents, while Joshua continued his rebuilding process following the Usyk defeats.

    The arrival of Alalshikh and the expansion of major boxing events in Saudi Arabia created a new route to making the fight.

    Fury emerged victorious and had been expected ringside for AJ's fight with Prenga

    Fury emerged victorious and had been expected ringside for AJ’s fight with Prenga

    Now, after years of failed negotiations and multiple points at which the fight appeared close before falling apart, the contracts have finally been signed.

    Joshua-Fury is no longer a fight being negotiated.

    It is happening.

    November 20. Madison Square Garden. Or, so they say…



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleConservative library’s ban of LGBTQ flags backfires as it now faces calls to nix BIBLE from shelves over gory deaths
    Next Article Russian missile strike kills 10 civilians in Kharkiv | Newsfeed
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Chiefs co-owner reveals he wasn’t invited to Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift’s wedding… and admits he hasn’t spoke to NFL star since brutal snub

    August 18, 2026

    Roengrit, Somsak, Panumad Win Thai National Titles

    August 18, 2026

    Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua should not be fighting in New York – their fans have been forgotten and will now have to shell out their last pennies to see their heroes: JEFF POWELL

    August 18, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 18, 2026

    Residents of London borough famed for low council tax could see 160% RISE next year – but Conservatives blame Labour for taking millions in funding

    By MARTIN BECKFORD, POLICY EDITOR Published: 17:32 EDT, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 17:34 EDT,…

    British couple on honeymoon killed in helicopter crash on Greek island

    Trump administration moves to end rule protecting swaths of forest land | Environment News

    Chiefs co-owner reveals he wasn’t invited to Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift’s wedding… and admits he hasn’t spoke to NFL star since brutal snub

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Residents of London borough famed for low council tax could see 160% RISE next year – but Conservatives blame Labour for taking millions in funding

    British couple on honeymoon killed in helicopter crash on Greek island

    Trump administration moves to end rule protecting swaths of forest land | Environment News

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.