Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Trump explodes at CNN reporter after question about young blonde aide who wrote him besotted letters

    When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis

    Palestinian American reunites with family under siege in West Bank | Israel-Palestine conflict

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Urban explorer aged 17 met horrific fate after breaking into abandoned skyscraper whose stairwells did not have safety railings
    International

    Urban explorer aged 17 met horrific fate after breaking into abandoned skyscraper whose stairwells did not have safety railings

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 17, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read2 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Urban explorer aged 17 met horrific fate after breaking into abandoned skyscraper whose stairwells did not have safety railings
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By VICTOR HELLER

    Published: 12:32 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 16:07 EDT, 17 August 2026

    A teenager from Louisiana died after falling through a stairwell inside a 45-floor building in New Orleans this weekend.

    The 17-year-old boy entered the abandoned Plaza Tower in Downtown New Orleans with friends on the night to August 15.

    ‘The group had been consuming alcohol and when attempting to descend the stairs, the victim fell,’ mentioned a log from the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD).

    NOPD Superintendent Anne Kirkpatrick said the teens broke into the fenced-off skyscraper, climbed to ‘a higher floor’ inside the building and used an interior staircase that does no longer have any safety railings.

    Kirkpatrick said the exact floor from which the victim fell would be ‘a detail for another day’ and that ‘the facts are still fluid.’

    She also said: ‘This was an intrusion into a fenced-in area. Trespassing would be an appropriate charge, but that’s something we’ll address later. Every single one of those kids is traumatized right now.’

    After receiving a 911 call from inside the building around 12.04am on Saturday EMS found the teenager dead alongside one of his friends who suffered deep lacerations to his arm and wrist. 

    Deputy Mayor Michael Harrison said: ‘This is truly a tragic incident, and so no one, kids or adults, should be entering boarded-up, abandoned buildings, especially when they are secured.’

    Urban explorer aged 17 met horrific fate after breaking into abandoned skyscraper whose stairwells did not have safety railings

    A 17-year-old boy from Belle Chasse, Louisiana died this weekend after falling from an open stairwell inside the abandoned Plaza Tower in Downtown New Orleans

    Some members of the group were drinking alcohol though all were believed to be underage, the New Orleans Police Department said

    Some members of the group were drinking alcohol though all were believed to be underage, the New Orleans Police Department said

    New Orleans Deputy Mayor Michael Harrison expressed his condolences to the victim's family and described the skyscraper as 'very unsafe.' NOPD Superintendent Anne Kirkpatrick (right) said that trespassing would be an 'appropriate charge' to be addressed later as 'every single one of those kids is traumatized right now'

    New Orleans Deputy Mayor Michael Harrison expressed his condolences to the victim’s family and described the skyscraper as ‘very unsafe.’ NOPD Superintendent Anne Kirkpatrick (right) said that trespassing would be an ‘appropriate charge’ to be addressed later as ‘every single one of those kids is traumatized right now’

    The Plaza Tower had been abandoned since before Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Harrison acknowledged the building’s history of problems, saying it was the owners’ responsibility to secure it. ‘It is very unsafe, as we’ve seen overnight,’ Harrison said.

    Kirkpatrick added it was her understanding that the building’s owners provide on-site security. ‘But I can’t tell you if it was there at the time,’ she said.

    Fox 8 reported that Lincoln Area Capital signed a purchase agreement in July 2025 to buy the building from the estate of previous owner Joe Jaeger but has not closed financing for its plan to convert the building into an apartment tower for senior housing. 

    The Plaquemines Parish School District released a statement saying that it was ‘heartbroken by the sudden and tragic loss of one of our students’ and that counselors will be available to students and staff as ‘our school community’ grieves.

    It remains unclear whether there was any on-site security at the Plaza Tower by the time the group entered the building

    It remains unclear whether there was any on-site security at the Plaza Tower by the time the group entered the building

    The district said no additional information would be released while the investigation is ongoing. 

    The Daily Mail has contacted Lincoln Area Capital for comment. 

    Share or comment on this article:
    Urban explorer aged 17 met horrific fate after breaking into abandoned skyscraper whose stairwells did not have safety railings



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleBanking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
    Next Article Major update in record $12.5BILLION sale of NBA’s Lakers to Josh Kushner and ex-Disney CEO Bob Iger
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Trump explodes at CNN reporter after question about young blonde aide who wrote him besotted letters

    August 17, 2026

    Stag is shot dead in Richmond Park after injuring man in his 60s who was on a picnic when it went ‘looking for food’

    August 17, 2026

    Russia taunts Nato as warship armed with hypersonic missiles is sent past German tourist island

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    Trump explodes at CNN reporter after question about young blonde aide who wrote him besotted letters

    By ROSS IBBETSON, ASSOCIATE EDITOR Published: 16:17 EDT, 17 August 2026 | Updated: 17:14 EDT,…

    When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis

    Palestinian American reunites with family under siege in West Bank | Israel-Palestine conflict

    One dead, eight injured in head-on crash at Tipper Junction on Kasoa-Winneba road

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Trump explodes at CNN reporter after question about young blonde aide who wrote him besotted letters

    When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis

    Palestinian American reunites with family under siege in West Bank | Israel-Palestine conflict

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.