Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Stag is shot dead in Richmond Park after injuring man in his 60s who was on a picnic when it went ‘looking for food’

    Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns

    Russian politician sentenced to 11 years for opposing war in Ukraine | Politics

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Russia taunts Nato as warship armed with hypersonic missiles is sent past German tourist island
    International

    Russia taunts Nato as warship armed with hypersonic missiles is sent past German tourist island

    Papa LincBy Papa LincAugust 17, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Russia taunts Nato as warship armed with hypersonic missiles is sent past German tourist island
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    Russian taunts toward Nato have grown following the deployment of a warship armed with hypersonic missiles past a German tourist island.

    Last week, the Admiral Kasatonov – a frigate fitted with nuclear-capable Zircon hypersonic missiles – was spotted close to Fehmarn, a small tourist island in the Baltic Sea off the northeast coast of Germany.

    Its presence in the vital shipping area marks the latest escalation between the Kremlin and Nato and comes only months following Vladimir Putin‘s threats to seize British and EU ships in response to European operations against Russia‘s ‘shadow fleet’ tanker.

    Constructed in 2020, the Admiral Kasatonov is among the Russian navy’s most advanced vessels, capable of long-range strikes and submarine warfare.

    It is the second Russian warship to be spotted in European waters in recent months, after the Admiral Levchenko was redeployed from the Northern Fleet to the Baltic Sea.

    It is not known if the vessel remains close to Fehmarn on Monday afternoon; however, a recent US intelligence report warned an attack by Russia on the Western alliance to test its resolve could be launched within weeks.

    This is likely to be through a small-scale attack on Poland or a Baltic state.

    Speaking last week, Russian President Putin warned the Kremlin was ready to hit back against British and EU ships that aim to seize his vessels.

    Russia taunts Nato as warship armed with hypersonic missiles is sent past German tourist island

    The Admiral Kasatonov, a Russian warship fitted with nuclear-capable Zircon hypersonic missiles, was spotted close by a German island last week

    Fehmarn, a small tourist island in the Baltic Sea, is a vital shipping area

    Fehmarn, a small tourist island in the Baltic Sea, is a vital shipping area

    Of ship seizures, he said: ‘It’s nothing but piracy and robbery.

    ‘If this is done, we will be forced to respond in kind …[Russia can retaliate] in any area where we see it as necessary and appropriate.’

    Dmitry Medvedev, the deputy chairman of the Russian national security council, also previously threatened attacks on European ships.

    In response to Nato countries in support of Ukraine, Mr Medvedev said: ‘Russia has the right to attack any merchant ship belonging to an enemy state, whether in our or neutral waters, if there is sufficient suspicion that it is transporting cargo in the interest of the enemy.’

    In June, the first British-led seizure of a Russian vessel occurred after Royal Marines swooped on the Smyrtos off the coast of Dorset.

    Video footage released by the Ministry of Defence showed helicopters intercepting the tanker, with heavily-armed forces making their way down to the deck, before taking control and checking through paperwork on the bridge.

    The National Crime Agency, Britain’s law-enforcement body, also boarded the vessel – which was stopped at anchor on suspicion of violating international sanctions.

    Writing on X, former-Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer said of the seizure: ‘In the early hours of this morning, I directed our Armed Forces to intercept a shadow fleet oil tanker attempting to pass through the English Channel.

    Vladimir Putin previously warned the Kremlin was ready to hit back against British and EU ships that aim to seize his vessels

    Vladimir Putin previously warned the Kremlin was ready to hit back against British and EU ships that aim to seize his vessels

    In June, the first British-led seizure of a Russian vessel occurred after Royal Marines swopped the Smyrtos off the coast of Dorset

    In June, the first British-led seizure of a Russian vessel occurred after Royal Marines swopped the Smyrtos off the coast of Dorset 

    ‘This successful operation delivers yet another blow to Russia and reminds those fueling Putin’s war in Ukraine that we will not let them hide.

    ‘I want to thank those involved, including our Armed Forces and law enforcement officers who keep this country safe 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.’

    Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky praised the UK’s ‘principled resolve’ in the operation, adding it brought ‘peace closer’.

    At the time, UK officials claimed to have sanctioned almost 600 Russian shadow fleet vessels, however, resolved to harden its position on Moscow by boarding and seizing its ships.

    They said: ‘Responsible for carrying 75 per cent of Russia’s sanctioned oil, the shadow fleet of over 700 vessels provides a critical lifeline for the Kremlin, generating a war fund that supplies missiles and drones targeting innocent Ukrainian civilians and sustaining Russia’s illegal war.

    ‘By disrupting the shadow fleet, we and our international partners are directly bearing down on the resources sustaining Russia’s aggression in Ukraine and reducing its capacity to threaten security across Europe and beyond.’

    Russia’s shadow-fleet network has been in operation since February 2022, following the country’s invasion of Ukraine – seeing a series of international sanctions imposed on the country.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleGoldBod hasn’t made any losses; Afenyo-Markin’s claim is ‘hallucinatory’ — Sammy Gyamfi
    Next Article WBC y el Gobierno Mexicano realizan exitosa Clase Nacional de Boxeo en todo el país
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Stag is shot dead in Richmond Park after injuring man in his 60s who was on a picnic when it went ‘looking for food’

    August 17, 2026

    Tupac’s stepbrother makes heartbreaking plea as rapper’s murder trial begins with opening statements today: Live updates

    August 17, 2026

    Eugenie’s tribute to late Queen: Princess reveals new baby daughter is named Adelaide Elizabeth Annina Brooksbank, two weeks after she gave birth in Portugal

    August 17, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025147 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026126 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025114 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202678 Views
    Don't Miss
    International August 17, 2026

    Stag is shot dead in Richmond Park after injuring man in his 60s who was on a picnic when it went ‘looking for food’

    A stag that was searching for food was shot dead in London’s Richmond Park after…

    Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns

    Russian politician sentenced to 11 years for opposing war in Ukraine | Politics

    Drivers can record police during traffic stops under new road traffic rules – CUTS International

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Stag is shot dead in Richmond Park after injuring man in his 60s who was on a picnic when it went ‘looking for food’

    Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns

    Russian politician sentenced to 11 years for opposing war in Ukraine | Politics

    Most Popular

    “Dad can’t wait to marry you off” – Bride’s father eagerly approves the couple’s union with a swift ‘Yes’ answer on their wedding day (WATCH)

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Ring camera captures young couple calmly coming and going after killing ‘grandfather’

    November 21, 20240 Views

    Alan Kyerematen says the NPP is a declining party and advises Ghanaians to look beyond it.

    November 23, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.