Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    ‘We’re coming up against a compact team’ – Didi Dramani speaks on Berekum Chelsea game

    Hindu’s return signals growing unity around Bawumia

    Unrepentant Fergie ‘feels the world is out to get her’ as friends say: ‘She doesn’t appear to feel remorse. Her head is in the sand’

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»International»Chilling sign of Trump’s ‘imminent’ Iran attack as more than 60 US warplanes swarm key army base
    International

    Chilling sign of Trump’s ‘imminent’ Iran attack as more than 60 US warplanes swarm key army base

    Papa LincBy Papa LincFebruary 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Chilling sign of Trump’s ‘imminent’ Iran attack as more than 60 US warplanes swarm key army base
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    By SOPHIE GABLE, US REPORTER

    Published: 02:10 EST, 21 February 2026 | Updated: 02:17 EST, 21 February 2026

    More than 60 attack aircraft were captured on satellite imagery on Friday at a US base in Jordan, in the latest sign that Trump is planning to strike Iran. 

    Dozens of aircraft were seen parked at the base, known as Muwaffaq Salti, according to flight tracking data reviewed by the New York Times. 

    The 60 aircraft are about triple the number of jets that are normally stationed there. At least another 68 cargo planes have also landed at the base since Sunday. 

    Satellite imagery also revealed several drones, helicopters, F-35 stealth jets, and new air defenses have landed at the base. 

    Anonymous Jordanian officials told the Times they hope negotiations will prevent military action in the region, but that American planes are deployed at the base as part of a defense agreement between the two countries. 

    Donald Trump has alluded to striking Iran in the coming days, telling reporters on Friday that he was considering military action to pressure Iranian officials to negotiate the terms of the country’s nuclear program. 

    White House sources previously told the New York Times and CNN that the US was prepared to strike Iran as early as this weekend. 

    Speaking at the inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace, Trump said that the US would ‘maybe’ make a deal with Iran. 

    Chilling sign of Trump’s ‘imminent’ Iran attack as more than 60 US warplanes swarm key army base

    Satellite imagery viewed by the New York Times revealed an increase in aircraft and cargo planes at a base in Jordan known as Muwaffaq Salti, pictured above 

    Donald Trump has alluded to military strikes against Iran if current negotiations are not met. He is pictured above answering questions from reporters on Friday

    Donald Trump has alluded to military strikes against Iran if current negotiations are not met. He is pictured above answering questions from reporters on Friday 

    Satellite images from January revealed a number of aircraft at the Jordanian air base

    Satellite images from January revealed a number of aircraft at the Jordanian air base 

    ‘You’re going to be finding out over the next, maybe, 10 days,’ he added. Trump later said the maximum timeline was 15 days. 

    Indirect negotiations between Iranian and US officials in Geneva reportedly lasted about three and a half hours on Tuesday, according to CNN. 

    Iran’s top negotiator said both sides agreed upon a ‘set of guiding principles, while a US official said there were ‘still a lot of details to discuss.’ 

    A European diplomat briefed on the negotiations told the Washington Post that Iran is not willing to negotiate on its right to enrich uranium, which is the most-used fuel for nuclear power. 

    The diplomat added that Trump’s decision to increase military support in the region was reassuring to some officials, but noted that there was concern over an ‘extended conflict,’ adding it would be ‘bloody.’ 

    ‘And it could bring more countries, either deliberately or by miscalculation, into the war,’ the diplomat said. 

    A US official speaking anonymously also told the Washington Post that Trump’s top national security advisors met in the Situation Room on Wednesday to discuss Iran.

    Karoline Leavitt told reporters the same day that Iran was expected to provide additional information on negotiations ‘in the next couple of weeks.’

    ‘I’m not going to set deadlines on behalf of the president of the United States,’ she added.

    Leavitt said that diplomacy was always the president’s ‘first option,’ but didn’t rule out military action, adding there were ‘many reasons and arguments’ supporting a strike against Iran. 

    Sources briefed on the military operations have also previously told multiple publications that the Olympics pose a roadblock for potential military action. 

    The Daily Mail has reached out to the Department of War and the White House for comment.  

    Share or comment on this article:
    Chilling sign of Trump’s ‘imminent’ Iran attack as more than 60 US warplanes swarm key army base



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous Article‘Salim Adams deserves a Black Stars call-up’ – Medeama coach Ibrahim Tanko
    Next Article NPA engages industry stakeholders on 24-hour economy pilot
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Unrepentant Fergie ‘feels the world is out to get her’ as friends say: ‘She doesn’t appear to feel remorse. Her head is in the sand’

    February 21, 2026

    British influencer celebrity ‘tried to kill husband on Majorca by drugging his wine after pressuring him to get life insurance’

    February 21, 2026

    ANOTHER massive winter storm set to hit America ‘in just hours’ bringing a FOOT of snow, fierce winds and devastating floods

    February 21, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Sports February 21, 2026

    ‘We’re coming up against a compact team’ – Didi Dramani speaks on Berekum Chelsea game

    Hearts of Oak prepare for a tough battle against Berekum Chelsea in match-day 23 of…

    Hindu’s return signals growing unity around Bawumia

    Unrepentant Fergie ‘feels the world is out to get her’ as friends say: ‘She doesn’t appear to feel remorse. Her head is in the sand’

    Paintsil scores as LA Galaxy draw away in CONCACAF Champions League

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    ‘We’re coming up against a compact team’ – Didi Dramani speaks on Berekum Chelsea game

    Hindu’s return signals growing unity around Bawumia

    Unrepentant Fergie ‘feels the world is out to get her’ as friends say: ‘She doesn’t appear to feel remorse. Her head is in the sand’

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.