President Donald Trump was seen shaming former Prince Andrew over Jeffrey Epstein‘s ‘cesspool island’ in a resurfaced clip taken 11 years before the ex-royal’s arrest.
Trump called out Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, who was stripped of his Duke of York title in November over his close ties to Epstein, in February 2015 while at a Bloomberg Politics event.
A reporter brought up Epstein after Trump mentioned him during a Q&A, and asked Trump what else he thought about him.
‘Well I think he’s got a problem… That island was really a cesspool, there’s no question about it. Just ask Prince Andrew, he’ll tell ya about it,’ Trump said as he smirked.
The video re-emerged on the same day Andrew was taken into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The former royal was arrested at his new Sandringham home on the same day as his 66th birthday following a raid on the property.
The Daily Mail was the first to reveal plain-clothes police, carried in six unmarked vehicles, had arrived at Wood Farm, where Andrew now lives, at 8am local time on Thursday.
A convoy, including at least two royal Land Rovers linked to Andrew, was photographed leaving the estate less than an hour later. His arrest was confirmed at 10.08am.
President Donald Trump was seen shaming former Prince Andrew in a resurfaced clip over Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘cesspool island’
Andrew is seen with his accuser Virginia Giuffre, who died by suicide last year. Epstein’s madame, Ghislaine Maxwell, is seen smiling in the background
Over the past 10 days, detectives have been probing his conduct as a trade envoy for the UK after emails in the Epstein Files suggested he shared confidential information with his pedophile friend, including reports of his official visits and potential investment opportunities.
‘We have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office,’ a Thames Valley Police spokesperson said.
The force said its officers are searching an address in Norfolk – believed to be Wood Farm, where Andrew is exiled – and an address in Berkshire, likely to be Royal Lodge in Windsor, where he lived for more than 20 years until this month.
‘The man remains in police custody at this time’, the spokesman said – but the force would not confirm where Andrew, who is celebrating his birthday today, had been taken.
Norfolk Police said it is ‘supporting’ the Thames Valley investigation but did not say if one of its stations was being used by detectives to interview Andrew.
The former royal was arrested at his new Sandringham home on the same day as his 66th birthday following a raid on the property (pictured)
Breaking news… updates to follow.

