Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»News»Mali and Burkina Faso impose travel ban on US citizens in tit-for-tat move
    News

    Mali and Burkina Faso impose travel ban on US citizens in tit-for-tat move

    Papa LincBy Papa LincDecember 31, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read5 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    Mali and Burkina Faso impose travel ban on US citizens in tit-for-tat move
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The US has tightened immigration controls since President Donald Trump took office in January The US has tightened immigration controls since President Donald Trump took office in January

    Mali and Burkina Faso say they will bar US citizens from entering their countries in response to a similar move by the Trump administration.

    The two West African states were recently placed under full entry restrictions under US President Donald Trump’s expanded travel ban.

    In separate statements, they said they would apply the same measures on US nationals.

    Burkina Faso’s foreign affairs minister Karamoko Jean-Marie Traoré said his government was acting on the “principle of reciprocity”, while Mali’s foreign ministry called for “mutual respect and sovereign equality”.

    The latter said it regretted the US’s move, adding that “such an important decision was made without any prior consultation”.

    Mali and Burkina Faso’s decision comes days after neighbouring Niger announced a similar travel ban on US citizens.

    The three states are ruled by military juntas which seized power in coups.

    They have formed their own regional bloc, and have pivoted towards Russia after relations with other West African states and Western powers became strained.

    Earlier this month, the White House said that full-entry restrictions would be imposed on people from the three countries, as well as South Sudan, Syria and Palestinian Authority passport holders.

    The decision would come into effect on 1 January, and was intended to “protect the security” of the US, it said.

    The administration also moved Laos and Sierra Leone, which were previously subject to partial restrictions, to the full ban list, and put partial restrictions on 15 other countries, including Nigeria, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleEurope’s skiing ‘ghost resorts’: How hundreds of lifts lie abandoned due to lack of snow as videos show bare mountains
    Next Article The Wire and Veep actor dies at 71
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    May 19, 2026

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    May 19, 2026

    Chilling police audio of harrowing moments when cops descended on the scene of San Diego mosque shooting

    May 19, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025139 Views

    Tech entrepreneur uses ChatGPT to create a personalised cancer vaccine for his DOG – and the breakthrough could soon help humans too

    March 14, 2026119 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 2025102 Views

    Meet the ISIS brides arriving in Australia TODAY – as Anthony Albanese tries to have it both ways

    May 7, 202671 Views
    Don't Miss
    International May 19, 2026

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    By TARYN KAUR PEDLER, FOREIGN NEWS REPORTER Published: 03:41 EDT, 19 May 2026 | Updated:…

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Departing Man City boss Pep Guardiola tells the club and fans he does NOT expect any lasting tributes on final game of the season against Aston Villa: ‘When you’re old, you can look at the memories’

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Two babies shot in shooting rampage as gunman ‘kills his parents and wounds four others including seven-month-old son’

    The inside story of Pep Guardiola’s decision to quit Man City: Why he’s chosen to go now, the holiday where he made up his mind and the clues his reign was coming to an end

    Fijian migrant defends One Nation leader Pauline Hanson on SBS Insight

    Most Popular

    Melbourne mother-of-two allegedly stabbed to death in front of three teens in Bayswater by her neighbour is identified

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘I don’t see anyone, I’m like John Cena’

    November 17, 20240 Views

    ‘Bloody Joe’ Biden has taken ‘big step towards WW3’ with decision to let Kyiv strike inside Russia with long-range missiles, Moscow declares as officials threaten ‘harshest response’ and warn UK and France not to follow suit

    November 18, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.