Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    What's Hot

    Gyakie credits Ebo Taylor for shaping her sound on BBC

    Ghana secures direct Latvian Interior Ministry oversight in student death probe

    Did Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor use official China trade trip to broker multi-million pound private oil deal?

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Lifestyle
    • Africa News
    • International
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube WhatsApp
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    PapaLincPapaLinc
    You are at:Home»Politics»2 arrested in connection with assault of 12-year-old girl
    Politics

    2 arrested in connection with assault of 12-year-old girl

    Papa LincBy Papa LincJanuary 6, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read1 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email Reddit
    2 arrested in connection with assault of 12-year-old girl
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email


    The Accra Regional Police Command has arrested two women in connection with the alleged assault of a 12-year-old girl at the La Roman JHS area in Accra.

    According to a press release signed by Head of Public Affairs of the Accra Region, Superintendent Juliana Obeng, and shared with The Ghanaian Times, the incident occurred on Tuesday, December 30, 2025.

    It said the case was reported to the police by the mother of the victim, who visited the police station with her daughter bearing visible marks of assault. The complainant alleged that three women assaulted her daughter without any provocation.

    According to the statement, the police took a statement from the complainant and issued a Police Medical Report Form to the victim for medical examination.

    The statement explained that preliminary investigations revealed that earlier on the same day, the victim had an altercation with a seven-year-old boy, identified as Horm Giftan Mesopeh, who is related to the suspects.

    It said the suspects allegedly went to the victim’s house, took her to their residence, and assaulted her.

    It further stated that on Wednesday, December 31, 2025, the complainant led the police to arrest two of the suspects, identified as Precious Giftan Mesopeh, aged 22, and Princess Giftan Mesopeh, aged 25.

    According to the statement, the third suspect, Priscilla Novishie Wornyo, aged 49, a fashion designer and mother of the two arrested persons, was reported to have travelled to the Volta Region. Police said efforts were ongoing to locate and arrest her to assist investigations.

    The statement said the two arrested suspects have been formally charged and are currently in police custody, assisting with investigations, and are expected to be put before court on Monday, January 5.

    The police, in the statement, cautioned the public against resorting to violence in the resolution of disputes, especially matters involving children.

    It advised parents, guardians, and community members to seek lawful means of addressing grievances and to report incidents to the police promptly.

    The statement then urged the public to respect the law and protect the rights and welfare of children at all times.

    BY STEPHANIE BIRIKORANG

    🔗 Follow Ghanaian Times WhatsApp Channel today. https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q
    🌍 Trusted News. Real Stories. Anytime, Anywhere.
    ✅ Join our WhatsApp Channel now! https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VbAjG7g3gvWajUAEX12Q



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Previous ArticleWatch highlights of how Nigeria demolished Mozambique
    Next Article Urgent alert issued for boy, 3, who mysteriously vanished wearing his Spider-man outfit
    Papa Linc

    Related Posts

    Marseille appoint Beye – Ghanaian Times

    February 20, 2026

    Arsenal suffer title blow with late Wolves equaliser

    February 20, 2026

    Bodo/Glimt stun Inter in Champions League last 16

    February 20, 2026
    Ads
    Top Posts

    Secret code break that ‘solved’ the Zodiac killer case: Expert who unmasked single suspect behind two of America’s darkest murders tells all on bombshell investigation

    December 24, 2025121 Views

    Newsreader Sandy Gall personally lobbied Margaret Thatcher’s government to back the Mujahideen

    July 4, 202556 Views

    Night Of The Samurai Grand Arrivals Gallery » December 23, 2025

    December 24, 202554 Views

    Here’s why Ghana Airways collapsed in 2004

    November 5, 202454 Views
    Don't Miss
    Entertainment February 22, 2026

    Gyakie credits Ebo Taylor for shaping her sound on BBC

    Ghanaian singer-songwriter Gyakie Ghanaian singer-songwriter Gyakie has paid a heartfelt tribute to late highlife legend…

    Ghana secures direct Latvian Interior Ministry oversight in student death probe

    Did Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor use official China trade trip to broker multi-million pound private oil deal?

    Kwasi Sibo makes eighth straight start in Real Oviedo’s vital away draw at Real Sociedad

    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • WhatsApp

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest headlines from PapaLinc about news & entertainment.

    Ads
    About Us
    About Us

    Your authentic source for news and entertainment.
    We're accepting new partnerships right now.

    Email Us: info@papalinc.com
    For Ads on our website and social handles.
    Email Us: ads@papalinc.com
    Contact: +1-718-924-6727

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Gyakie credits Ebo Taylor for shaping her sound on BBC

    Ghana secures direct Latvian Interior Ministry oversight in student death probe

    Did Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor use official China trade trip to broker multi-million pound private oil deal?

    Most Popular

    OK Frimpong reveals why he ‘singlehandedly’ sponsored Medikal’s O2 Ingido (London) occasion

    October 18, 20240 Views

    Seven dead after ferry dock gangway collapses on Georgia’s Sapelo Island

    October 20, 20240 Views

    WAEC releases 2024 BECE results; cancels entire results of 41 candidates

    October 20, 20240 Views
    © 2026 PapaLinc. Designed by LiveTechOn LLC.
    • News
      • Africa News
      • International
    • Entertainment
      • Lifestyle
      • Movies
      • Music
    • Politics
    • Sports

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Ad Blocker Enabled!
    Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please support us by disabling your Ad Blocker.